Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ShavanthYour feedback matters!
I always feel tired and want to sleep, always feel depressed not happy with present achievement no one acknowledge my work neither iam satisfied with my work, even though I keep myself busy, working as a teacher in well known school, at a good post, but morning itself want to run away from everything, but cannon think of leaving job and staying in home, I like to be bay with work.
Yesterday I swam longer distance than usual. Since then I feel quite out of breath with chest tightness. I'm also quite tired. I am often getting tired sooner than people my age. I often have chest tightness although today it is much worse. I am just lying down this afternoon. Could this be caused by anxiety? Am I making something out of nothing? How can I tell?
Sir When I studying the books after some time I was forget. I don't remember what I study the previous point please give better treatment what I do.
I am also taking medha vati of patanjali product. Is it good for brain enhancement. In this it is written that it help in depression. And used as brain tonic and memory enhancer. I do not have depression but I want to improve my brain memory.
I am 22 and am about to join a job. want to live an independent lie and not think about marriage .My parents however keep bringing up this topic and this immediately sets my mood off and I start answering rudely. I had a very huge fight with my mother and everyone thinks it's my fault. Is it wrong to have my own opinion and wanting to live my life on my own? Can marriage not be only my decision? Am I really wrong?
I am not losing weight. From last 15 days I go gym n I follow diet. N even I am nt even eating chapatis. Only I am eating fruits n vegetables. N today I checked d weight n I don't lose even 100 grams. What should I do. I feel so depressed.
I have slight body ache and cold since today morning. Temperature seems to be normal. What is it? and what should I do?
Schizophrenia is a complex disorder that includes delusions, loss of personality, confusion, aggression, social withdrawal and mystic behavior. People suffering from schizophrenia may apparently hear voices or tend to feel that others are controlling their minds, their thoughts or plotting against them.
Schizophrenia can be hereditary. But the condition cannot be predicted except in the case of strong family history. Also, while prediction of Schizophrenia is difficult, its prevention is no easy. It cannot be prevented except where it occurs due to drug abuse like cannabis. Also, prevention can only be talked about in first episode cases and the best way to prevent is to take medicines properly.
Three ways to keep Schizophrenia at bay:
1. Socializing and meeting people - Socializing helps you build up a high self-esteem, lowers stress and keeps you busy and distracted. It is important to connect with friends to avoid isolation.
2. Exercise and Diet - Exercise and intake of high nutrition diet are important to take care of your body. Fish oil has omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent psychotic disorders from getting worse. Consumption of these types of foods can prove to be beneficial in preventing the disorder.
3. Timely consultation - Consulting a psychiatrist if you have any symptoms, like suspicious feelings or unusual thoughts is an essential step to regulate the condition before it fully develops.
I feel that I am emitionally hyper when it comes to the same is not been fulfilled by my husband. Specially after a fight I find emotionally very dependent ib him
My mom is behaving like mad. Talking to herself. She is saying that she is hearing some voices. Not sleeping in night. She also said I am hearing buzz sound every time. Is it related to ear problem or any other Mental Disorder?
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication. Social media gifts us with easy communication and wider access.
- Social media creates peer pressure: Coming in continuous contact with occurrences in other people's life can lead to mental setback. You may feel low on comparing your achievements with that of others. Consciously or unconsciously you are struggling throughout to be at par with them who are seemingly jubilant. Virtual peer pressure is realized by many.
- It can bring us at close quarters with penitence: Persistent grief or regret can take a toll on your mental health. It can make you depressive. Depression is again not a healthy thing for personal growth and development. It usually results in lack of motivation.
- You tend to panic more through continued use of social media: If you have not been in touch with social media for a couple of days you are instilled with the fear of losing out on incidents. You panic regarding what has been happening all over the world that in reality will in most cases bear no effect on you.
- It accustoms you to the glamorous appeal of drugs: Social media tends to showcase the ills of society as glamorous contributing factors of life. It celebrates the vices of drugs and other addictive agents as virtues. Young adults are therefore easily incited to give in to addiction.
Positive effects of social media on your mental health
1. Social media will let you take a break from hovering tasks and responsibilities.
2. Helps you connect with long lost friends. Social networking sites will bring you close to new and old friends alike.
3. Real society is overly judgmental. It prohibits you from coming across as your true self. Virtual media allows you to come out of your cocoon and helps you feel comfortable about yourself.