Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ShavanthYour feedback matters!
I 29 years old female I have 5 month old son,after delivery my all hair is lost and body filling pain and aches maximum head pain??
Anger is an emotion found in every human being. There is nothing wrong with being angry. However, if it gets out of hand there might be serious consequences. Knowing a few things about anger management might help the next time you are struggling to manage anger.
The Wrong Approach
Before knowing, what are the right things to do, it is necessary to know what doesn’t work well. This will give a better insight on anger management.
- Often, we think suppressing anger might be the right thing to do. But, it is not. Trying not to react to a situation and keeping it under wraps, might affect your health and can even be the root cause of heart disease. However, suppressing it often lessens the intensity of the anger.
- Just like suppressing it is not a good idea, venting it out completely is not the right approach as well. Venting might help you to cool down faster later on, but initially, it might hurt the other person and also have a negative impact on health. Venting anger occasionally will also make the person aggressive in nature.
- Thinking or using words like always, never, should/shouldn’t, must/mustn’t do not usually help. Thinking about ‘he should never talk to me like that’ or ‘they are always being unfair to me’, brings about negativity and doesn’t help in calming down.
The Right Approach
- Counting to 10, the age old approach to anger management often helps in cooling down and giving a clear perspective. When we are angry, we end up saying and doing things we don’t mean to. Counting gives us some time and helps us calm down a bit.
- Breathe slowly when you are angry, say experts. Instead of talking or reacting to the situation, just breathe in and out slowly. When you breathe out more, your body will calm down and make you relax.
- Talk to someone who understands you when you are angry. Instead of venting out or suppressing it, talk it out with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings and why you are angry. This will help you a lot in relaxing. It works as a counselling session.
- To manage anger, in the long run, one should always lead a healthy lifestyle. It means not just having a healthy diet, but also having proper sleep, not being stressed about anything, doing exercise, etc.
- Doing something creative often takes your mind away from angry feelings. Join a dance class, an art workshop, start keeping a journal, it will definitely help in the long run.
- Leave the place immediately for few moments and drink water slowly when angry. Don't prolong the anger, come back and start conversation normally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Dr. AM a girl of 20 years a medical student. I need your help as my family environment is not good. My parents are not happy with each other from day one of their marriage. They fight alot my father use very rough and abusive language. Bt still we live together under one roof. I have lost my all patience my concentration on studies. Can not help it. All day I keep on thinking about this become frustrated all the time. I really don't want to become such an irritated and dumb personality. Becoming lazy day by day can not remember things can not take decisions anymore. please help me give me some solution or suggestion so as to come out of this depression. please I need it to save my life.
I am facing problem related my mind if I am walking some one is speaking vulgar language I am thinking he said to me if I take bike and go listen wrong words think that he said to me so much I get upset I asked people did he said something to me ,I am not happy.
Doctor, I suffered with severe negative thoughts and I do not have presence of mind for many days. I consulted a Doctor and a Toni for general weakness is given. After using for 2 days. I had proper sleep and able to concentrate on my work. I used it for 15 to 20 days. I stopped it for 1 day and again in the sleep I am getting negative thoughts and got up from the sleep. Kindly give me te advice on how to take the treatment for this. And is Weakness causing me this situation?
Not many look at the reasons for these disconnections from a service provider and the customer. Most of the efforts to understand this quote two main reasons
Economical constraints and
Unavailability of speech language pathologist (slp).
However, there are more reasons both sides. But its up to you to decide to waste your time reasoning or utilize best the available services.
To the care takers:
He/she is your kid, but not the speech pathologist's - being a parent, your role is central in helping the slp to help you to help your kid.
You need to communicate whats your needs are to the slp. They will tell you if its possible or not. You can ask questions till your doubts are cleared.
Don't be vague in your expectations. It will only hurt you when slp's goals are no way matching your because your slp is working step by step while you are already thinking about the end bypassing the whole process. Ask what can be expected or what is practical.
Slp can not produce results over night, unless he/she is a god or magician.
Each speech pathologist targets the same skills in their own way. Don't impose things by comparing two slps. It can not be measured in mg. In ones comfort zone, efficiency is maximum.
Consistently attend the therapy and then there is chance of improving your understanding about the improvement or reasons if there is no improvements.
Knowledge is good. Share it but not compare.
Note: more suggestions may be updated with feedback.
I want to be successful in life but I have not achieved anything so far. I somehow able to complete my graduation. I always wanted to be first and get a good job in life. Because of my fear that I have not done well in studies. It took me five years to complete my graduation. I am a good kid. I don't do drugs and I am not interested in making any girlfriend. My parents always expected me that I will do good in life and take care of them because of this, I feared more and not able to do well in graduation. The main reason for this fear is I used to be a monk and I left my monkhood for my parents because my sister got married early despite of her age. My father got angry and created lot of tensions in our family because of her marriage so I have to leave my monkhood. It took me years to know about people and deal with society. As I was a monk my perspective towards life was different and I am not able to compete with fellow students. I have spent 4 years in monastery and after getting out from there, it was hard for me to do schooling and normal things. But I did my best in schools and not in graduation. Please help me Dr. I have never told this to anyone even my friends, I just want to keep this story to myself. I have gone to lot of depression during my teenage because of my religious values which was not compatible with people. But I remain silent and quiet and moved on. Now, I am in my 20's please help Sir/Madam, I am ready to anything to change my life please help. Now, I am preparing for GRE and trying to do master's in abroad. Please help me, I am really frustrated.
Iam 21 years old I have anxiety problem. I face immense fear if I get into any fight or sort of any troublesome situation initially my heart beats so fast and later my legs would shake and difficulty in taking breadth. Sometimes I get depressed for no reason. I don't know whether its neurological or psychological problem, can you please tell me what does it related to and is there any treatment for this problem?
Many of us feel anger, frustration and dissatisfaction in our daily lives. While medicine and therapy can help extreme cases, there are other ways to bring down the symptoms with a proper daily routine, diet and exercise. Exercise can be an incredible treatment to discharge those sentiments. In case you wind up getting angry regularly, yoga can help you to deal with the problem while you are away or at home. Yoga can help with both managing anger and calming you down when you feel particularly furious at any given point. Some of the asanas or postures that help in doing so are as follows:
- Savasana (cadaver posture): With the cadaver posture, you lie on your back with your palms up and arms next to you. At that point, you relax every part of your body. While practicing this posture, concentrate on relaxing. Inhale deeply into your tummy. It is best to shut your eyes while doing so.
- Sheetali Pranayama (cooling breath): The cooling breathing exercise is a phenomenal approach to address anger. You basically roll your tongue (twisting in the edges) or press your lips together. In case you cannot roll your tongue, breathe in gradually through your mouth so that the air gets in through your tongue. At that point, close your mouth and breathe out through your nose. This practice is believed to lessen the anger and enhance peace of mind.
- Ardha matsyendrasana (half spinal twist pose): This posture strengthens the organs and relaxes your spine. You can perform this exercise by sitting with both legs in front of you, and then by folding one knee up while folding the other on the ground underneath the other leg. You then turn your spine toward the side where the knee is up and use the knee as a rest for your arm as you stretch into the stance. Try not to exhaust yourself. In case you feel pain, relax a bit.
- Urdhva dhanurasana (upward bow pose): This stance has been efficient in increasing trust between people with threatening or serious identity issues, and decreases anger. While there are a few approaches to accomplish a back curve in yoga, the upward bow stance is the most widely recognized due to the back twists that lead to better circulation of energy.
- Salamba sarvangasana (shoulder stand): It can balance out the nervous system. People who deal with anger issues or who have an antagonistic identity will find that this asana helps in lessening their outrage and anger. It creates quality and adaptability and helps the thyroid and parathyroid organs as well.
Doing yoga frequently will go far towards helping you deal with your anger in the long haul. In case you have an identity issue, exercising consistently will strengthen the mind. However, you might need to go to a class keeping in mind the end goal, which is to manage the anger.