Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ShavanthYour feedback matters!
I am getting to to much of angry. Particularly husband and my kid only. I am keep on fighting .No happiness. No enjoyments I don't how to control. Can you me solution.
She is suffering from mental problem and she is taking quel sr50 and other one. She was consulted to two physiatrist but she didn't get well even after taking medicine. She remain well for some period bt she change without any reason. She roam around here and there n sometimes says something .I assume it's just because that she couldn't control her mind .she think too much .I guess this might be the reason of mental problem. Is there a meditation center for such patient where she can control her mind and get well.
Doctor I am studying in class 12 so please tell me how can I improve my concentration power and how can I sharp my memory.
I am facing anxiety and stress at work place and fear to handle new work etc. Very high on emotions. I Do my work very diligently but doesn't get the appreciation and instead criticized. Too much stress on my mind. Doesn't know how to handle multiple work at a time. How should I go about it and how you can help me in this regard. Regards.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
I can't forget my ex girlfriend at any cost. I always contemplate on her. Her memories gush through my mind. I have become ecstatic and almost mad without her. Pls help me.
My wife has minor problem of depression. Feeling suffocation and feeling to weep and some time says that I will enter home, keep me some where else.
Hi, I am married for last 4 years to a bpd male, he has undergone various treatments in the past. I want to know can a relationship with bpd male last forever?
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this. Should I go for mri of brain and citiscan maybe blood is not circulating in brain properly in anxiety. Ans in anxiety head some parts bcum numb. please suggest.
I am getting married to someone I like. He is a good guy and loves me .But it bothers me a lot at times that he earns lesser than me and is even lesser educated than me. He is hard working .But I get anxious what if he does not become successful. Is it a mental block and shall I marry him? My parents have fixed my marriage but I get lot if anxiety at times because of this. Pls suggest.
Hi I thought of consulting psychiatrist bcs few months back thoughts like suicide was in my mind, but I controlled. Now a days it feels like same
I feel really depressed when I loose something and my head started paining and water started coming from my eyes.
Dr. I am suffering with the depression from the last 4-5 years continuing under medicine. I have much tried to come out from this disease by my self but can't come out. This tym I am taking flexotine in morning and clonotril in bed tym but no more relief. I am very tensed wid this disease and my life is dispoiling slowly. I have no desire to do work effortly. Sumtym I think to kill my self and no desire to live due to this bad disease of brain coz no memory power left, no new catching memory power, no any concentration. What to do Dr. I want improve my self lyk I was 4-5 years before very active ,everything had been on my tips. Dr. pls tell that is depression curable disease completely. I want to live my lyf happily wid high active brain. Pls suggest I am completely ready to do anything for coming out from this disease of brain. Thanking you Yogesh kumar (9958464727)
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.