Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VishalYour feedback matters!
I have chronic digestive problem both constipation and diarrhoea due to stress. I am not able to cope up any type of stress, I am unable to sleep well, I am underweight, everybody tease me. I have got lots of hair on mouth, hand, legs, chest. I am mentally disturbed. I am curious to studies but unable to concentrate.
My grand son 3 months baby based on mother's breast feed and milk is not sufficient. Almost in exhausting stage Please suggest to come out of this problem and to feed the baby with sufficient milk. Also suggest the best bottle feeder to suit to the little mouth of baby to drink the milk through bottle feeder
My baby is of 1 year. And he is suffering from loose motion since morning. So which medicine should you recommend to give him.
My son completed 6 months and on mother feed but he is not taking any IRON & CALCIUM syrups. But mother is taking calcium & iron tablets regularly. Pls suggest whether need to start any iron & calcium syrups for my son and if yes then which one. Would like to give any homeopathic supplement.
She is 2 years old her weight is 9kg she is not having her diet properly what to do? Is there any medicine for hunger for her.
My sister having a 13 month girl baby. She is not taking food properly. Junior horlicks maY be given to 13 month child. Kindly reply sir or otherwise what shall we use for baby.
Hi, our relatives baby has hydrocephalus and placed a stunt from head to stomach almost 3 years back. Now she is nearly 3.6 years old. What would be the next step and how world be her health in future. Now she is very active and doing well. Please let us know the consequences and about her health problems in future. Thanks,
I am 29 years old, my son is 3.5 years old, when azaan was drinking his mummy's milk (till 1 year) till that time he was very fat and healthy and that time he would get hungry very fast, now he don't gets hungry at all, we have to run behind him till 2 hours to feed him, mainly he don't like any fruits except banana and apple, when he drink 1 cup of milk (while forcing him till an hour), he doesn't eat any think the whole day. Now he is very weak in health. Once we gave him hungry tonic (kidicare) but after taking that tonic he would gets angry every time in small small things. Please suggest me for him.
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Hi. I am having 5 months baby. I am not interested in commercially available cerelac. So I prepared home made cerelac made out of (wheat, rice, corn, black grams, dry fruits, horse gram, masoor dal and moong dal). But my doubt is can I give to my 5 months old baby. Please suggest me a diet chart and the foods I can feed to my baby.
My 12 month old baby monthly he is having fever . What to do. And even the climate is also bad. Two day rain two days hot sun. because of that. I want to improve his immune power.
My daughter 12 is having tonsils which medicine should I give her she gets this infection mostly after 1 or 2 months again n again.
Sir my son 2 years old and he is suffering from low white blood cells count, is the problem make serious issues and what are the complications please explain me.
I am 30 years old. Delivered baby boy in May 16, in mid June 16 was operated for breast abscess. I stopped feeding baby for 15 days post which when I tried to resume breastfeeding many times but he refused to take. Also I was given few doses if cabgolin for speedy recovery. Currently baby is on FM, wish to resume BF.
Hello, last four month my daughter (Gagri) not feeling well & healthy every month she need a hospitalized and for your information delivery time my wife suffering from dengue, before two days my daughter again hospitalized due to dengue kindly suggest me. Doctor please help me I am waiting for your reply.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.