Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VishalYour feedback matters!
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
My daughter is 1 month and 5 days she has been getting formula from first week of life. Few week after I notice she constantly poop green, she is not fussy but am worried why her poop is green as it use to be yellowish, from sunday until today its been strictly green poop. Please help me.
Our son is 4.5 years old. For last 2-3 days he have temperature in the night. Daytime he is feeling ok and going school too. Please advice me why it's happening so. Giving 5ml syrup in the morning and evening.
My daughter is 7 years old and she is having bed wetting problem. Please do suggest me what should I do ?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My son is 1.5 years old. His weight is only 9.5 kg. Pls suggest how should increase his weight. His height is 78' and he's a active child. His birth weight was 3.6 kg.
Hi, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has severe cough from past 10 days. Tried many syrups but didn't work. Not sure whether its due to reflux or infection in lungs. Looking for a best pediatrician who doesn't do experiments on children. Please do the needful. Thanks in advance.
my daughter suffer from cold and she is 11 months in age chest sounds and vomiting when she take feed ,respirate tough
My daughter was admit for 6 days due to pneumonia. Still she has cough. Even passing less urine. Suggest pls.
I have a 3 months old baby. She keep biting her bib, sweater sleeves. Is there something with her gums. She also doesn't sleep till 2 am at night. What should I do?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My Daughter She is 7 years old. She is very weak, her weight is 15 kg only. But she is active in study, playing and everything, I consult Endocrinologist visited doctor in sirsa, he write tests and amt. Of test is 8000. What can I do. Problem is Vrinda not gain weight or height. So give me right suggestion about it.
Hy. I use johnson's baby oil daily. I want to know that this oil is helpful for hair growth or else. And what are the uses of this johnson's baby oil.
My baby boy is going to be 6 months this 29 he' s on bf plus morning & night nan pro 1 please advice a schedule to start semi solids in how much quantity and gap if days or should I continue nan pro 2 or start packet milk
Is PCV vaccine similar to pneumococcal? My son have been injected three doses of pneumococcal at 2 1/2 M, 3 1/2 M.
My child is 7 years old. He faces problems in remembering names of his friends, he also not able to remember rhymes, spellings and question answers. Although, he understands everything but forgets easily. Is it normal at this age. Kindly help me out. Do I need to consult a doctor regarding this.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways.
symptoms are wheeze, cough, breathing difficulty.
Asthma is a controllable disease.
asthma can be diagnosed based on history & Pulmonary function test.
Inhaled drugs are the best choice for asthma.
Inhaled drugs are safe and practically have no side effects.
Asthma symptoms are variable.
regular follow-up is required to titrate the drugs.