Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I have sudden jaw pain past 2 days. Only on one side just below the ear. It only pains when I open my mouth wide.
Hi I am sudhakar 34 years old. My dental condition is not up to the mark. My tooth gums are very weak please can you tell me How to get teeth gums strong with naturally?
I gat a cavity in the left mandibular (lower) first molar tooth. Its of 1.2mm length and 0.2mm width. How can I prevent it from getting big?
My son is 16 months old and he is on his teething the molars and having loose motion twice in a day is that normal and he refuses to eat anything what shall I do in this condition?
I am 28 years old and I am having 28 teeth. Is it okay or is it bad in any way? I don't want to feel like I am alien or does it define a bad luck? I have a very sharp brain though;). Please get back to me dentists.
I am suffering a very sharp pain in my teeth. While drinking ya eating any cold items. I have taken medicines for sensitivity but did not get cured. This pain is increasing day by day. But in winter it is unstoppable. What could be the best solution for this. Kindly please suggest me.
Sir mere muh me chhale h 2 weeks se. Please mujhe koi solution dijiye. Bahut problem hoti h. Khana khane mai aur bolne mai.
In october 2014 i was having pain in tooth and went to a government doctor he has advised to put cement on the teeth and no need to do route canel. But the cement was gone within a week and went to another doctor he told that you have to do route canal and a cap has to place on the teeth, i did the same in the month of january 2015, within a month the same got disconnected from the teeth and in february again that was fixed with new route canel, again today the cap has come out, now what to do? please advise me.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.