Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishal Gangadhar Shinde
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal Gangadhar ShindeYour feedback matters!
Tennis elbow is a condition which is characterized by a sharp pain on the outer portion of the elbow. This condition is also called ‘lateral epicondylitis’ and it occurs when the muscles of the elbow are overused. The symptoms of pain tend to occur near the forearm when you bend your elbow or try to grip an object.
The elbow joint comprises of muscles which facilitate movement of the wrist, elbows and the fingers. There are tendons present in the elbow which join the muscles and bones, thus regulating the forearm muscles. When the muscles of the elbow are overused, then it can lead to inflammation and tears in the muscles.
This condition is so called as it is usually caused by playing certain sports, primarily tennis. It may also be caused by activities that put repetitive stress on the elbow. If the same pain occurs around the inner portion of the elbow, it is called a ‘golfer’s elbow’.
The best treatment method to prevent tennis elbow is to strengthen your elbow muscles. You need to follow a regulated strength and stretching program directed at strengthening the muscles of the body, including the elbows.
Here are some tips to prevent tennis elbow:
- Try to stay in good shape physically.
- Use proper technique when you are carrying out any activity that involves the elbow.
- Avoid overstressing the elbow joint with repetitive movements as it can cause injury to the tendon.
- The muscles of the shoulder, arm and the upper back should be strengthened to prevent tennis elbow.
- For movements that require you to twist your arm or grasp things, you can use a counter force brace to protect your elbow. This brace is worn on the forearm which redistributes pressure on the muscle. A counter force brace is recommended for people who are at an increased risk of tennis elbow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I have neck and back pain from last 3 month. How to overcome from it? And how to maintain my all over body and how to loss my fat?
I have backache from last 24 days. I have been taking dolo from last 21 days but no relief. What should I do?
I am suffering from knee pain sinCe last 4 years. I am female 46 years old. I get pain while Climbing stairs and while sitting and standing from seat. X-ray report shows that wear & tear of knee has started. OrthopaediC prescribed me some medicines but still my knee has not Cured. Does acupressure helps. Please guide me.
Hi I am Babu 25 years old, I have back pain since 3 years is that any problem causes in future. Please let me know.
I am suffering from knee pain and my doctor told that it is gout attack. My uric acid level was 8.3 After medication, it reduced to 5.2 and the pain reduced. After the medication stopped, the uric acid level was 6.2 and I am feeling slight pain in my knee again. My doctor says that since my uric acid level increased after medication, I will have to use medication my entire life. I am just 22 years old and I am not ready to take medicines for the rest of my life. Please give me an advice.
Osteoporosis is a medical condition marked by a decrease in bone density. It results in the brittleness of bones and their fracture. Osteoporosis does not display any signs or symptoms but manifests itself in advanced age.
Homeopathic remedies for Osteoporosis
- Silica or Silicea-This remedy is for people who are often nervous, feel sweaty during the night, get easily tired and are a highly nervous lot. The injuries of such people take the time to heal/ are difficult to heal and their spine is weak. Generally, these patients have delicate or refined features.
- Symphytum- Meant for those fractures that occur because of mild trauma, this remedy is useful in cases where pain persists in old but healed fractures and also when bones need to be strengthened.
- Calcarea carbonica- This remedy is administered to people who are overwhelmed by a lot of work and stress, get tired easily after work and have a proclivity to stress a lot. Generally, these people are overweight and have a lot of body flab and easily get depressed by cold/chilly weather and dampness in the air. They have swollen joints, experience a recurring back pain and get a sweaty head in the night. An interesting characteristic of these people is also that they have a craving for eggs and sweet things.
- Calcarea phosphorica- This remedy is meant for people who have a deep, uncontrollable and intense desire for travel. They want a change in their environment and have a general sense of dissatisfaction. People requiring this medication have pain in their neck, upper back and hips. Fractures, if any, are slow to heal and there maybe deposits of calcium in the bones. Post-exercise, these people feel greatly tired.
- Phosphorus- Meant for people who experience a burning pain between their shoulder blades, phosphorus as an osteoporosis remedy is given to those people who have an intense desire for refreshing foods like ice cream, beverages, carbonated drinks etc. Such people are usually lanky and their faces often get flushed. They are sensitive, suggestible and susceptible to the imagination. They get easily tired after a round of exercise and work.
Unless directed by a homeopathic physician, take doses of low potency like 6X, 6C, 12X, 12C, 30X or 30 C if you are going in for self-medication. Follow the instructions printed on the label.
If you are taking a single dose, ten wait for its response. If the medicine is working, then wait for its full effect to manifest. If there is little or no response, take another dose. If there is no response at all after taking the second dose then change the medicine.
Please note that dosage depends upon the individual and the intensity of his/her ailment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!