Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal Gangadhar ShindeYour feedback matters!
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I'm 27year old and have been diagnosed with HLA-B27 gene positive. My pain started since I was 17 in leg-hip joint region, over period it have migrated and now it's mainly on left shoulder where I can feel swelling in collar bone and shoulder cup. Recently I see swelling in Ribs joint on front side near thorax region. What should I do?
Im 19 years old guy, from last 4-5 months my'elbow' was paining when I drive my motorcycle. Otherwise my hand should be ok. But, when I drive motorcycle my left hand will be paining. Please suggest me some.
My legs is so paining from my childhood I m not getting relax from any medicine I feel pain only when I go to bed for sleeping in night please help me.
I have pain at left side leg bottom heels place from last 6 months. First time early morning once awake up time feel few minutes. But now whenever sit down few minutes also got it. So what the problem and how to solved. Pls advice.
I am suffering from backpain from last 3 years. I have gone through many clinics could not know the reason of pain. I have taken all kind of meds regarding this but no cured my pain. Kindly help me out.
Hi I am gagan singh working as a private employee I am suffering from neck pain for last 5 days can you suggest me what I do.
I have checked my uric acid and its level is 10.3, I have pains in joints and muscles mostly in legs. Please suggest me best treatment and precautions.
I had been suffering intense pain in my lower back. Its stats whenever I sit constantly at one place for more than 10 mins. Wat should do.
Hello Dr. my mother aged 63 yrs is suffering from rheumatic pains right now she is under physiotherapy from the past 12 days along with rhus tox but still in vain so please suggest as of she is not overweight also. Thanks
Sir I fell some compress type pain in my back' left and right side of ribs and some times in abdomen what is this.
Osteoporosis is a Latin word for “porous bones”. A healthy bone holds tiny spaces within it resembling a honey comb. Osteoporosis causes an expansion in the dimension of these spaces so much so that the bone loses out on its density and strength, at the same time turning brittle and thin on the outer part. People afflicted with osteoporosis are prone to experiencing fractures at the slightest stimulation while engaging in daily chores. It usually affects one’s wrists, hip and the spine, thus rendering a stooped posture, loss in height and back pain as a result of a collapsed vertebra. Factors such as lowered estrogen count in women and testosterone in men, long term use of certain medications, certain medical conditions such as damage to the liver or the kidneys and a sedentary lifestyle along with excessive tobacco and alcohol consumption make one vulnerable to osteoporosis.
Tips To Help you Manage manage and prevent it
- Medications: Zoledronic acid, Ibandronate, Risedronate and Alendronate are some of the widely used medicines to combat the risks of fracture. However, these medicines carry considerable side-effects, for instance adnominal pain, nausea or a heart-burn like sensation. Ipriflavone, a laboratory manufactured product, in combination with calcium can be used as an alternative medicine to inhibit bone loss and alleviate pain.
- Quit smoking: Smoking escalates the rate of bone loss and the chances of sustaining another fracture.
- Refrain from excessive alcohol intake: Alcohol meddles with one’s bone formation. Also, excessive alcohol intake might cause one to feel tipsy and thus fall down, aggravating risks of injuries and fractures even more.
- Be careful while walking: Choose low or flat heeled footwear with soles that do not slip. Watch your step. Be careful with rugs, slippery surfaces, electrical cords or other scattered substances which might make you trip over and fall. Install ‘grab bars’ in your house so that you can hold on to them if you suddenly feel unsteady on the feet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.