Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ChopraYour feedback matters!
I am struggling with the symptoms of pcos like hair growth, skin pigmentation, obesity, infertility, high bp, type 2 diabetes and acne. I am planning to go for bariatric surgery. How much is the cost of bariatric surgery in india? and will this acne, hair growth and skin pigmentation problems be sorted out automatically afterwards. Suggest some of the best surgeons available in india for this type of surgeries and name of economic hospitals too for the same.
My total cholesterol---248, ldl--172 ,hdl--45, tgl---187, I take thyrox 37.5 for my hypothyroid problem which is in normal limit, may I take cod lever oil .please advise.
I am 40 mother of two 12 and 8 years. I have thyroid at 5.5 since from 7 months. I din get my periods since 4 months. I am bleeding since from a month I do get clots please suggest.
My mome has age of 48 yrs. .High blood sugar. .which is not constant. .suddenly 500 suddenly 70. .taking insulin 8 unit 3 times. .she is not able to walk since 1 month. .Both lower extremity paralysed now with loss of sensation. .MRI report normal. .plz suggest some treatment.
Recently I got know I am suffering from sugar. I am taking glyciphage g1 forte tablet daily after Breakfast. I want to built my muscles through Zym. Please suggest me protein diet. For it. Or supplement.
What precautions to be taken for sugar patients and what should be controlled . Please, what should I do.
My sugar level is 396 mg/dl without fasting and with fasting it is 263 mg/dl please tell me wht should I intake for breakfast, lunch and dinner which food and fruits to avoid. Please suggest.
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.