Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ChopraYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, (a) on what frequency should I go for tests reg blood sugar, bp and lipid profile. (b) I am presently taking medicines since last six months for blood sugar, bp and lipid profile namely: eritel 40 @ 1 tab daily, stamlo 5 @ 1tab daily clavix @ I tab daily triglimisave 2hs @ 1 tab daily roseday-f 10 @ 1 tab daily vogli-m 0.2 @ 2 tab daily should I continue this further or go for a test, please suggest/advice. My present weight is 86 kg and height is 5 feet 4 inches. I jog on tread mill daily for 15/20 minutes in morning.
Hi I am 31 years old female i am suffering from thyroid & married but trying to conceive but couldn't please let me know what precaution should be taken to become pregnant.
I am 46 years old & I am diabetic. My sugar levels is 183 (f) 323 (pp). I am taking metformin ip 850 mg 1 tablet each after breakfast, lunch & after dinner. I am also taking gliclazide er tablet 30 mg before meal (one time only). Before taking this I used to take glykind m. When it did not work then my doctor suggested above medecines. Still my sugar is still not in control. Kindly advice me what to do. Kindly suggest better medecine.
I have been diagnosed with Thyroid disorder (TSH) for last one year. My TSH in Nov 2015 was 7.7. That time my doctor advised to take Thyrox tab (50 mg). Then in March 2016 the TSH was Zero. My doctor suggested to continue with Thyrox (50 mg). My latest TSH level is 6.817. What should my Thyrox dose. Also, do I need to take any calcium tablets along with Thyrox tab. Pls advise.
I am a female of 62 yrs. Till the marriage of my son in Nov, 2014, I was a normal, healthy and active person. For obvious reasons, thereafter I was disturbed, tensed and often fall ill. I am with my husband who is 66 years old and is a sugar patient. Now my BP is 160. Whether this can be kept under control without medication ? Kindly advise
How to control my diabetes, with medicine its 120-160. What are the medicine in Ayurveda for diabetes.
I have taken metacarbacol muscle relaxant and observed that my sugar level has gone up from 115 to 140 in 4 days medication. Of 1 tablet bd. After discontinuation of medicine I observed on 2nd sugar level in fasting 130. In case the sugar level goes up by this medication. After how many days medicine effect will be over. My fasting sugar level is around 116 from 6 months. I am not taking sugar at all. Six months ago my hb1ac was 5.8 Please guide me.
For thyroid patient it is difficult to loose weight. Is that correct and she wnt to loose what she has to do.
What are the precautions to be taken when uric acid is high. What should we eat and what we should not eat. Please help me and reply fast.
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I want to know whether there is anything to worry about having PCOS. How to get rid of it? I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
Hi There, I am very skinny (60 kg. I take proper diet, but my weight is still low. I had thyroid test but reports were normal. According to doctor prescription I tried Amway protein and ayurwin nutrigain but all were useless. After that I consulted to gym instructor and he gave me On optimum serious mass gainer. Should I take it? Or Pls suggest any other way to gain weight.
My glucose level is controlled by yoga. 85 and 100. By breathing yoga spo is increased to 98. By reducing fat in stomach and hip hp1ac is 5.9.s.creatine is 1.2.doing thyroid yoga metabolism is improving. Am I need any medicine for my diabetic.
My Father is suffering from High Sugar and High BP after the treatment of 2 year in this field so please suggest me how.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.