Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ChopraYour feedback matters!
She is having type 2 diabetes. And now inflammation in left kidney. I thought that it may be a side effect of medicine for diabetes. So I want to know if there is any medicine in HOMOEOPATHY? ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMS ARE; -Backache -oedema Patient having a history of uterine cyst.
My aunt is 53 years old. She is a diabetic patient. Had undergone hysterectomy too. Now after an abdomen scan, her liver is showing mild fatty change. What is the solution? Is it an emergency? Please reply doctors.
What is the meaning of diabetes type 1 and type 2 because I am having diabetes from last 1 year but my parents was not have diabetes. I don't know the meaning of diabetes type 1 and type 2.
I am a diabetic for over 30 years. The control is fair. I cannot do without a minimum of 190 ml of scotch whisky (afternoon and night). Does alcohol send blood sugar hay wire?
I am 66 year old my fasting sugar levels are 175 and P P B S are around 210 taking medicine glycomet GP I Fort after lunch/ dinner and Tab. Trigenta 5 before breakfast as well as 8 point Insulin at 10 pm pl advice me to control sugar levels walking 40 minutes every day.
I am 60 years male healthy except for controlled medicated diabetic. I notice a low back pain from one month. Since I am vigorously practising yoga for 1.5 hours early in the morning from one month. Is it because of this or should I get checked. Which test I should undergo? Thanks in advance.
Hi, I got a thyroid gland in the right side neck, checked with doctor and they said as need to operate, but I am looking for some other way to reduce the gland, please help me.
One of my friend tells about kaccha banana peel in glass of water over night & to drink emty stomach in the morning will help in a regular way lowering down or control diabetes. Pls clear the natural way of this therapy. Regards.
Hi Dr. my age is 32 I have diabetic 200 I started taken metformin 500 .now diabetic result is 117 in empty stomach, after food normal how can I cure.
I'm 42 years old, male. My blood sugar is 122 mg/dl (fasting) and 184 mg/dl (2 hours after breakfast). Please advice if i'm suffering from type 2 diabetes. Thank you sir.
Sir I am suffering from hypothyroid from 3 years. And I am taking 100mg tablet. What kind of precautions I need for good health.
I eat adequately, limited sweets and deep fried stuff still my weight keeps on rising. I checked for thyroid too but its negative. Please help.
Madam I am diabetic from last 10 years now I am 30 years old I am insulin dependent. During the day my sugar levels are almost good. But my fasting sugar levels are so much raised. My diet does not have any irregular item I eat as my diet plan but I don't know why sugar levels are raising. Please advise me what to do.
I am a 60 year old lady. I am suffering from Thyroid in my neck. Now a days i'm feeling uncomfortable while eating. What precautions should I take and what should I eat and what not. Please help me.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 27 years old I got diabetes 1 year ago, from ther my weight reduced to 67 kgs from 75 kgs. On the advice of my colleague I started doing gym in the morning for 1.5 hrs daily. Since I am diabetic I should not take stomach full rice r any other food. How can I improve my muscle. How can I gain weight back? What diet should I follow for improving my muscle?
The term Fasting means "no caloric intake for atleast 8-10 hours. This means you should not take any food or drink that contains calories during the 8-10 hours before testing. Thus, plain water is the only thing that can be taken. Usually, FBS is done early in the morning. If you take medicines then, continue taking them as usual. If you exercise daily, do so. But do NOT exercise only for that day alone. It can be dangerous and also will give a wrong report.
Once your blood sample is taken, have your regular breakfast. Note the time of starting breakfast. PPBS is to be taken exactly 2 hours from this time.And NOT 2 hours after finishing.
Some people believe that the food you had for dinner the previous night will affect your FBS the next morning. This is wrong.