Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishakha P JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor Pregnancy ke aath mahine baad yadi white taral padarth nikalta hai to iska matlab kya hai ? Please help
Pregnancy of 6 months old patient is suffering from abdominal pain from last 10 days and nausea vomiting today. Is hyocimax plus is safe or any other medication.
My wife and I had unprotected sex a day before her period was meant to start. But now she is 5 days late. She feels like her period is coming on but it doesn't. She got very slight menstrual flow on 1st and second day. But then it stopped. I know it's only been 5 days but could she possibly be pregnant? She is very tensed. please reply as soon as possible. She is not ready to be a mother yet.
I am 18 year girl and I have my period problem, my period is not come on time. My health is not good because some day later I have stomach infection and my b. P also low so what should I do please tell me.
Hello Dr. Mere abortion 31 March 2017 ko ho gaya. Meri pregnancy issue tha ki mujhe spotting hone lagi thi. Meri lmp thi 4 Feb 2017. Maine 7 March ko home pregnancy test kiya tha. Test positive aaya tha. 7 March ko hi mera bta hcg hua jiski value 346 thi. Uske 2 din baad 9 March ko spotting hui spotting kabhi ruk jaati thi aur kabhi start ho jaati thi. Uske baad 30 March ko mera ultrasound hua to usme gs to bna but fetelpole and yolk sac nahi bna Dr. Ne abortion k liye bola. Mere periods bhi irregular rehte the.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
Having sex is good for your health but what if not having sex is actually bad for you?
Maybe you're going through a dry spell in your relationship or you're single and short of quality partners. Whatever the reason, forced abstinence isn't fun.
Having regular sex is good for your health. It has all sorts of benefits, from increased serotonin and oxytocin levels to better cardiovascular health . You sleep better, you feel more relaxed and, more than anything else, it allows for intimate physical connection with your partner.
If you stop having sex, your body reacts too. Here are some of the things that happen to your body if you stop having sex.
1. You Might Feel More Stressed
Sex is a stress buster. The hormones released during sex help the body recover from stressful periods. That's why a regular dose of sex is especially beneficial for people with high-stress jobs. It's also why so many of us use sex as a way to blow off steam and decompress from our super-busy, anxiety-inducing lives.
If sex helps you cope with stress, what happens if you stop? Obviously, it will be harder to deal with your normal stress levels.
2. You May Fall Sick More Often
Regular sex is correlated with a better functioning immune system. In one study, participants who reported having sex regularly (at least once per week) were found to have higher levels of an important immunoglobin that is known to increase resistance to illnesses like the common cold. A strong immune system means you'll fall sick less often
3. Your Libido Might Drop
Libido can be tricky for many people. They want to have sex, but they don't feel like it ... so they don't. However, the more you have sex, the more you want to have sex. This effect can make abstinence a little easier, but it'll also make getting back in the saddle more of a challenge.
4. Arousal Might Get Harder
When deprived of sex for long periods of time, men have a harder time getting erections - women may also struggle with arousal and lubrication after extended periods of abstinence.
Masturbation can help, but so can going easy on yourself when you get back into sex.
5. You might become more Forgetful
Regular sexual activity boosts the function of your hippocampus, an area of the brain strongly linked to memory, Scientists believe that increased sexual activity can even reverse the effects of aging and stress on the brain.
Basically, when you have sex often, your brain produces new neurons, which makes it better at remembering and processing information. The study also showed that when sex stops, the higher memory and cognitive functions were lost, despite the presence of new neurons.
The Positive Side of Celibacy
There are some advantages to having less sex. You won't have to worry about pregnancy or STIs, for one. Going without sex for a while can also create space to focus on other things. At some points in our lives, that space can be really important. When you're in a relationship, not having sex can also open up other avenues fo physical intimacy. Those can be as important as sex, and can help boost your sexual connection when you get back at it.
I am suffering from the irregular period problem and I have to face the unbearable pain at that time. Ma'am, what should I do?
I am 24 year old I had unprotected sex before 10 days back. And had unwanted 72 pill. Now on 22 it bleed few drops. I had my last periods on 7 sept. Is it normal?
Hi I am a doctor myself. My periods are 10 days late, my upt is negative but this constant discomfort is getting to me. Please any suggestions.
I am 28 years married lady. Having problem of PCOD I have irregular period. Last 3 month I hadn't period yet. I have done pregnancy test. But result was negative. What should I do?
I don't have proper periods. My menstrual happened 3 months one time. What should I do? Is weight loss will be the solution? If it means, pls give suggestion to weight loss.
I lost my virginity. I am getting Married in few months. Is there any solution to hide it from my partner?
Am trying to conceive. Can I take folic acid tablet without doctor description? If means Per day how many ?before or after food? Please suggest me.
6 Tricks to activate metabolism in the morning
Boosting your body's metabolism is largely related to burning calories and reducing weight. Try these effective methods esp. if you are overweight, if you are already lean, never over-do anything, be it exercise, eating or drinking.
6 ways that can help you improve your metabolism.
- Workout: Working out can be the easiest and best way of boosting your metabolism. Do walking, running and cycling. Sweating will tell you how much you have worked out and if you continue it for few months, the results will be favorable.
- Eat fresh fruits and salads: Don't starve yourself by not eating food properly. Avoid fatty and fried food but have as much fresh fruits and salad as you can. This will not make you put on weight. Keep taking fruits and salads at short intervals because these have an ability to get digested early as compared to fatty food.
- Take plenty of water: For increasing your metabolism, kick start your day with at least 3-4 glasses of water. It will help all your other efforts of reducing weight in sync. It will keep your body hydrated.
- Drink lemon in warm water and green tea: Waking up early can actually boost your metabolism; you can see the results after following this habit. Along with this, metabolism will get a boost if you get up half or one hour early. Leave the habit of taking normal tea, instead start taking green tea, it will not only be healthy but since it's an antioxidant, it will take care of your immune system as well.
- Lift weights: Lifting weights can give you instant results. Within a month of lifting weight you will experience boost in your metabolism. But this must be done under trainer's guidance.
- Eat boiled eggs and never skip breakfast: Having boiled eggs in the morning will fulfill your protein intake. Also, it will keep your stomach full for a longer time. On a way to boosting your metabolism, it's recommended not to skip breakfast at any cost.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'