Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vishakha P JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! My age is 31. I am Planning for pregnancy for more than 2 years but no luck. I have some ovulation problem I have undergone 4 follicle cycles but follicle does not rupture it only grows in size where as I have proper menstrual cycle of 26 to 28 days. I bleed heavily in first 2 days with pain in lower back. Even after Hcg Injections it only grows in size but no rupture I have tried clomid cycle too but no ovulation. Recently 2 months before had undergone hysteroscopy where there was a small polyp which was removed and blood circulation was not happening so it was done to happen. My Amh is low <0.30 but my follicles are there. My main concern is why is that I do not ovulate. Does that mean I never ovulate or I do. Will hysteroscopy improve my ovulation. What is the treatment for me. What are some natural things I can do to improve ovulation I really want to be pregnant in the natural way. Pls help me.
Most of us are affected by diseases, which spread through physical contact, but most of us do not consider it important to get them checked, due to which they turn into major ailments. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections, which are transmitted through any kind of sexual contact. The organism that causes the disease is transmitted from one person to the other during sex intercourse. Sometimes STDs can be asymptomatic (no symptoms or signs)
Here are some STDs that you should be informed about:
1. Gonorrhoea: Genital infection caused by bacteria is called gonorrhoea, its symptoms include
- Bloody vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Heavy period bleeding
- Anal itching
2. Chlamydia: Bacterial infection in the genital tract is called chlamydia. Chlamydia is usually difficult to diagnose, its symptoms include
- Pain during urination
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Vaginal discharge
- Painful intercourse
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
3. Syphilis: The bacterium Treponema pallidum causes syphilis, its symptoms include
- Sores in the mouth, anus or vagina
- In later stages, it causes nerve and organ damage
4. Genital Herpes: The herpes simplex virus (HSV) causes herpes. Signs and symptoms include-
- Small red bumps or ulcers in the anal, genital and other areas
- Itching or pain around the genital area, thighs and buttocks
5. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Genital Warts: Genital warts are caused by HPV. It infects the genital tract. HPV has been linked to cervical cancer, its symptoms include
- Small swellings in the genital area
- Bleeding during sex
6. Chancroid: Chancroid is a bacterial infection. The bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi causes chancroid, its symptoms include
- Development of red bumps on the skin folds covering the genitals
- Pain during urination
- Burning sensation during bowel movement
7. Ectoparasitic Infections: Ectoparasitic infections are caused by small parasitic bugs like mites or lice. The parasites usually affect the hair or skin. Scabies and crabs are common parasites that cause such infections. They both cause intense itching and visible rashes.
8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS): The virus that causes AIDS is called HIV. It can spread through blood, vaginal fluids, semen and breast milk. Unprotected sex or sharing needles with an infected person is how the disease spreads. It includes symptoms, such as
- Slight fever
- Muscle aches
- Weight loss
She is feeling severe pain as if iron rod is inserting and also burning sensation in intercourse and not allowing to insert deep. That too particularly only inside to her right side .
I am getting recurrent uti from last one year. I am planning to conceive by not getting enough confident due to this recurrent uti. Can I conceive. Is there any medicine for recurrent uti during pregnancy.
Here are some tips to help you look after your teeth.
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste.
- Brush thoroughly.
- Floss your teeth daily.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices.
- Limit sugary foods.
- Protect your teeth from injury.
- Try to save a knocked out tooth.
Hi I am 20 years old and has thyroid and also PCOS. But all the levels are controlled. I was taking Novelon for PCOS and after stopping that my hairball has become also fast that in 20 days I lost more than lacs of hair I have photo too for few collected ones. I have lot of dandruff too. Please help me what can I do. I ma on homeopathy for PCOS.
Hi & Good Evening, I got recently married on 11th of January in this year and I am happy with my family and I am getting sex with my wife with a lot of satisfaction & feeling happy we both couple but now as we completed around 5 months, till now my wife aren't getting any result of pregnancy report, I am feeling scared in this regards. So kindly treat me well with a good information in this regards and please help me with better tips to get a better result. Thanks,
After intercourse my wife feels irritation, itching and pain in her genital. She also don't get fully wet before and during intercourse. We are married since 2 and half years. Now we are planning for a baby and suddenly this problem appears. Please suggest.
I dont do a normal masturbation, means I do masturbate with the help of my girl friends feet or her slipper, foot fetish, foot worship, I recently came to know that what I am doing is not normal. But I think other than the method, my stamina is ok. Will the wrong practise will affect my intercourse with my future after marriage? I am yet to get married soon to my gf. Please advice.
Since a very long time she is having disturbing problems with her periods. It started in her teenage and is still ongoing. It never happens as it should. It does not happen to begin with she has to take medicines to begin her periods and then it won't stop again she has to medicines to stop it. And in between she looses too much blood. Very very rarely it happens normally and stops normally other wise every time she has to take medicines to start and stop it. She has been taking medicines for it from a long time but nothing seems to work. Please suggest what all test should be done? What could be the possible reason/s for this? What treatment should we go for and from which hospital in lucknow? Which medicine to take to start and which to stop? Because I am worried she might get some side effects from the medicines she is taking. And just to bring it to your attention that she has thyroid problems as well and she is taking her medicines regularly. Apart from that she has got a very severe hairfall as well.
My wife's periods are not regular for the last 2-3 months and are often delayed by 6-7 days. Please suggest.
Belotero balance- the dermal filler that is used to smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles on your face is now available in your area!
Visit dermaworld skin & hair clinics and attain back your young & glowing skin with the best technology in the world.
For appointments & details, please contact: +91-9911100050 (rajouri garden); +91-9911300050 (new rajinder nagar)
#dermaworldskinclinics #drrohitbatra #beloterobalance
Hi, my wife is in her 9th month of pregnancy. I want to know is it worth going for baby stem call? The cost is high and I do not have any idea about the stem cell. Is it really as useful as they say? Will I do a big mistake if I do not opt for it?
Dear sir/mam, my wife age is 22 But & I was getting married before 6 Month. And that time her breast was very Loose & Small so she used suddol breast cream but still nothing improve of tightness. So please suggest how breast can tight & Big. Is there any cream & Or need to exercise please suggest me.
I am 22 years old. Married on 28 aug'2014. I have irregular periods but in January I consulted a infertility specialist and got periods regular. My last period was on 5 may 2015 and this month I haven't got periods. We had done pregnancy test at home it was positive. First time we got faded line but after 2 days i. e on 19 june it was darkened. We got very happy but we thought better to consult a doctor. She wrote for ultrasound scan. In it no sac is found and thickened endometrium 19.1mm. Doctor said am not pregnant. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Have we scanned so early.
Are you aware of the different types of occupation-induced sexual disorders? There are several factors that are a part of any person’s daily life and occupation schedule that give rise to stress and many other physical ailments which are capable of breaking down the body and lead to sexual disorders. Both physical and psychological factors may be responsible for occupation-induced sexual disorders. You should consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment for such sexual disorders that arise on the account of your occupation or daily work life.
- Quite contrary to allopathic treatments where a single drug can be used for treating disorders in numerous patients, Ayurvedic treatments aim to eradicate the ailment from its root.
- Ayurveda has a solution to a wide range of problems faced by men due to their profession. Such problems include a lowered sex drive, premature ejaculation, infertility, erectile dysfunction, semen infection and many other problems.
- Ayurvedic medicines for sexual disorders may be recommended for treating all kinds of problems and improving libido. These also allow one to have a more pleasurable intercourse. Such medications are made from natural and herbal ingredients and can be used without the fear of any side effects.
Some of the most common sexual disorders caused due to one’s profession are discussed below:
- Mental stress: From a teacher to a banker to a shopkeeper, stress has become a vital part of everyone’s life and it leads to a wide array of sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, low libido and many other health problems which have neurological imbalances in their root. Ayurvedic treatments like massage, herbal remedies and regular exercise are effective remedies.
- Increase in weight: Any profession that requires a person to sit in a place and work relentlessly can lead to different problems like weight gain, lower back pain, ejaculation problems, premature ejaculation and tightness of the foreskin. Undergoing Ayurvedic massage and practising Yoga and meditation are ideal for treatment.
- Excessive physical strain: Sales professionals, mechanics, electricians, workers, drivers and many other people face too much of physical strain on a regular basis. It causes lowered sperm count, blood stained semen, weakness in erection, inability to maintain an erection and many other problems. Vajikarana therapy is a good option for treating these conditions.
- Working near hot instruments and devices: Certain occupations involve being around hot instruments and devices. This is likely to cause low sperm count and libido, along with painful ejaculation. Bus drivers, cooks working around hot stoves and tandoors, and mechanical engineers are prone to such disorders. There are several Ayurvedic herbs that benefit these conditions.
If you are suffering from sexual disorders due to overstress in your occupation, you may try these Ayurvedic remedies and improve your sexual performance. But in case the problem persists, you should consult an expert for guidance.
Are you thinking of undergoing a facelift surgery? It is a common form of cosmetic surgery which is undertaken for enhancing certain features of the face. Although the procedure is considered to be safe, several complications and side effects are likely. You can expect complications such as scarring. It is very important to choose an efficient and experienced plastic surgeon as the success of the surgery depends a lot on him.
The major side effects of a facelift surgery are similar to the side effects of any kind of surgical procedure. However, there are some distinct complications which are associated with a facelift surgery. They are as follows:
Pain: Although most patients experience minor pain after a facelift surgery, a pain medication is usually prescribed by your surgeon for easing any kind of discomfort you experience. Skin numbness is likely after the surgery, which fades away on its own within a few days.
Swelling: A lot of swelling occurs right after a facelift surgery is completed. However, this is nothing to be worried about as swelling is a part of your body’s natural reaction to any kind of injury. It subsides on its own as the body starts healing itself. The major swelling goes away within a few days, but some swelling may be experienced for several weeks after the surgery.
Bruising: Similar to swelling, bruising is also a natural aspect of the body after a facelift surgery. It occurs as the body reacts to the changes. Bruising is most common during the first few days after a facelift surgery, and it is most likely to occur in the eyes. It takes some months for the bruising to heal completely. Improvement in bruising can be observed with each passing day.
Scarring: Scarring is likely to remain pink for some months after a facelift surgery, after which it turns whitish and less noticeable.
Apart from the risks associated with any surgical procedure, other risks and complications which are likely after a facelift surgery are as follows:
Injury to the nerves which control your facial muscles, although this is temporary.
Problems related to proper skin healing. This is more common in patients who smoke.
Crusts on the incisions made during the facelift surgery are also indicated. This too is temporary.
A numb and tingling sensation around the incisions may be experienced.
In some rare cases, skin and hair loss are observed.
Skin discoloration is also likely in some cases which may last for several months.
Moreover, reaction to the anesthesia during a facelift surgery procedure may cause nausea and general sickness in some patients. This is a short lasting complication, which gets solved within some hours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.