Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VireshYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old woman. I am not getting sleep for last one week. I consulted doctor. He gave sleeping tablet foe 3 days but after three days I am not getting sleep. What to do to get a deep sleep naturally.
I have gas problem since two weeks, appetite is normal but stool makes foul smell and not clear. I have done liver function test which is normal. Amylase range is 81, lipase is 198. Is it normal? What should I do? I do not take junk food, alcohol, or deep fried food. Have BP take nubita5 tab and thyrox tab daily. Have done complete blood count which is normal.
Polycystic ovarian disease is a gynaecological disorder whose prevalence seems to have increased considerably among Indian women in last few years. Many young girls and middle-aged Indian women are suffering from this syndrome which is a marked by appearance of multiple cysts on ovaries and disturbances in monthly menstrual cycles.
The exact cause of PCOD remains unknown to the modern science even as the genetic link is being scrutinized for its causative role.
- Menstrual disorders
- Abnormal hair growth on face
- Hair fall from scalp
- Weight gain
- Insulin resistance
From Ayurvedic point of view, PCOD reflects vitiation of rasa and rakta dhatus. When levels of impurities and toxins increase in rasa and rakta dhatus, body stores them in form of cysts around ovaries. So presence of multiple cysts indicate high levels of impurities and toxins in these dhatus. Sign and symptoms in PCOD patients suggest imbalance of all three doshas. Dhatwagnimandya may also exist in some patients. History of improper diet and lifestyle is generally found among majority of PCOD patients. Excessive consumption of hormonal pills and contraceptive pills too is reported by many patients. Mental stress and lack of physical exercise are marked among quite a few ladies with PCOD. From Ayurvedic perspectives, all these things can produce toxins in body and cause diseases like PCOD.
DIET & LIFESTYLE :
- Low-fat milk is recommended. Boil milk before drinking. Drink it warm. This makes it easier to digest. Do not take milk with a full meal or with sour or salty foods. Add a pinch of turmeric or ginger to the milk before boiling it. This helps to reduce the kapha increasing qualities of the milk.
- Lighter fruits, such as apples, oranges, grape fruit, pineapple and papaya and pears, are recommended.
- Sweeteners: Honey is excellent for reducing kapha. Reduce the intake of sugar products, which increase kapha.
- Beans are recommended. Nuts should be avoided.
- Grains such as barley, chickpea and millet are recommended. Do not take too much wheat or rice, as they increase kapha.
- Spices are recommended only in moderate quantities.
- Vegetables such as potaotoes and sweet potatoes should be avoided as they can cause weight gain.
- Follow a lifestyle that will not aggravate any dosha.
- Negative feelings like stress and tension should be avoided. Do not undertake physical or mental work beyond your capacity.
- Limit the use of contraceptives.
- Follow an active lifestyle, yet the exercises should be according to one's capacity. Both, excessive fasting and overeating are harmful.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol and using narcotics aggravates menstrual disorders.