Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra ShuklaYour feedback matters!
I have neck pain from last 2 days when I wake up I feel very painful very much and when I turn my neck the pain increases.
Dear Sir my father have knee joint problems Is there knee joint replacement is only option Available for treatment of knee joint Please guide me properly in this problem.
I twisted my ankle two years ago it still hurts. What is the solution my job demands high standard of physical fitness.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
Doctor said I am suffering Lateral epicondylitis ?what it is exactly? And how it can be treated. I am feeling pain in my right hand.
I am suffering from fever after taking medicines I am OK but after some days again same condition. My mother is also suffering from leg pain and she is also taking medicine but not well yet.
I have some physical problem which I want to share. My age is 31 year, and I am 6'3" tall. But I am not able to gain my weight. My weight is approx 55-59 kg only. I have another problem that I have eosinophil from long back (at least from last 10 years). I am not even sexually fit also as I think. Please give me advice.
My wrist pains unknowingly sometimes. But at times my wrist is like there was never such pain. Why so?
I have regular pain in back side of left shoulder to hand from last 15 days, it's like mussels pain, I don't know exact point of pain but if I move my head than pain increased.
Sports injuries can occur in children if proper precautions are not taken. A proper warm up before exercise followed by stretching helps in easing muscular stress and thus preventing injuries. It is important to supervise children when they are engaging in physical exercise or sports.
The tips to prevent sports injuries in children are:
- Talk to them: A child may experience pain but may not show it, so it is important to encourage them to speak up when they experience pain. Most sports-related injuries in kids can be prevented by early intervention.
- Preseason physical: It is important to get a preseason physical to determine your child's fitness. This can help determine if the child is fit to play and thus consequently, minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A proper warm-up: You should emphasize on the importance of a proper warm-up to your child. Make sure your child performs a mix of dynamic and static stretches to warm up before playing. It will raise the heart rate and increase blood flow thus making him ready to play.
- Cross training: Children should cross train with multiple sports, as playing one sport for a long time may stress the joints. This is done to prevent overuse of muscles and prevent boredom.
- Well hydrated: Make sure your child is well hydrated as an excessive fluid loss may result in fatigue and vomiting. Playing sports in summer can result in fluid loss through sweating and therefore needs to be replenished in order to prevent further complications.
- Follow proper techniques: It is important to observe that your child is following proper techniques while playing a sport. Disregarding the guidelines can result in injury.
- Proper diet: A proper nutritious diet is recommended to make sure that your child is getting all his necessary minerals and vitamins. It allows the child to become fitter and less prone to injuries.