Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Viren PuriYour feedback matters!
Some doctors r suggested braces treatment for my lower jaw teeth and I want one information regarding time. How many days I have to put braces for my teeth.
Sir My Question is related with mouth .sir mai mouth ki chhale se bahot paresaan hu Aksar ye 1 month me 4-5 baar ho jata hai. Sir ishka main reason kya ho sakta hai. Sir If possible hai to koyi Gharelu Upaay bataiye. Plzz.
I have mouth ulcers all around the mouth and sometimes in throat also. I had consulted so many doctors still no cure. The pain of these ulcers are affecting my mental health also. These ulcers are not periodical. It comes every time .lasts 1 to 2 weeks and gradually cures. It starts as a small dot and grows into big .it occurs in my lips gums throat and in tongue also. I am fed up with this disease. I couldn't even eat food properly due to this. These ulcers shows both red and white colour in the wound. Bad breath is also there at the time of this wounds. There is 4 to 5 wounds at a time.
M 25 years old and my tongue is infection like sore and thrush. How to cure from this infection. Please tell me medicine.
I haven't been able to sleep since many days and I am having teeth pain, I have tried multiple home remedies but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Give me some better treatment to cure yellow teeth Tell me some natural ingredients to make it bright.
I have slight yellow teeth. How can I whiten my teeth using home made remedy? What will be the best to whiten the teeth and in how many days it will show its result?
I am affected with tooth decay. So that my teeth turns black and size of the teeth was minimizing day by day. Then I decided to go with tooth sealants. How much it cost for applying sealants. Thanking you. I lives in Durgapur.
My dad is having blood in saliva during brush since from last few days. What could be the reason. Please tell me.
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing.
I got an RCT done recently after which I had cavities in two more teeth one required a rct but I got a temporary filling done and post pined the procedure for 3 weeks and the other being last teeth in my upper jaw just required a filling. Both got done at the same time. Just after a day I started experiencing extreme sensitivity in both the teeth. I went for a follow up and this was treated with binding solution and curing to reduce sensitivity and a toothpaste was prescribed. It has not helped much ,now I feel sensitivity in many other places as well including teeth surrounding the teeth which had rct. What should I do.
Gingivitis is a disorder, which is characterized by inflammation, swelling and irritation in the gums. Usually, the symptoms of this disorder are mild, so you might not pay much heed to them. However, if left untreated, this condition can result in other serious disorders, such as teeth loss and periodontitis. The primary cause of gingivitis is an improper oral hygiene.
The symptoms of gingivitis are:
- Red gums that bleed easily
- Swelling in the gums
- Tender gums that are receding
- You may have bad breath
- You may bleed from your gums during brushing and flossing
Causes: The most common cause of this disorder is bad oral hygiene, which facilitates the formation of plaque on your teeth. If the foods you eat contain excess sugar, the bacteria in your mouth may interact with them to produce acid (plaque) if you don't manage to maintain good oral habits. If not removed, the plaque can turn into tartar; plaque can be difficult to get rid of as tartar.
Treatment: The treatment for gingivitis usually begins with an initial evaluation and a professional cleaning to get rid of the tartar. You should use proper brushing and flossing techniques to prevent the recurrence of plaque. You should also follow up with the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups.
Scaling is the procedure by which the plaque from the teeth is removed. If the sources of problems are misaligned teeth and poorly fitted dentures, then these need to be fixed. There are certain home remedies for gingivitis such as:
- Use toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Visit a dentist for regular oral check- ups, it is very essential for the upkeep of sound oral health
- Regular flossing can help
- Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash which can help in removal of cavities and plaque to a certain extent, though not majorly
- Use fluoride based toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Clean your teeth regularly, avoid eating foods laden with sugar and eat plenty of vegetables