Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Viral PatrawalaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 34 years old and facing problem of Flatulence, I am feeling very uncomfortable in office and other social places, can you please tell me some medicine as it smells also. It is very regular and always feel pressure.
I am suffering from fatty liver few days. What precautions should I taken. My SGPT level in blood is 158 SGOT is 75.
I have had laparoscopic appendectomy one month back. Now I'm leading a normal lifestyle. But even after one month I feel bloated and I'm experiencing kind of uneasiness after eating. Any solutions?
I am 27 yrs, 6 feet, 51 kgs, For the long time I have been suffering from mucus (आंव) coming on my poop. It is just like dirty gell falls from nose. In a day day I go only for 1 time for poop. Previously I didn't pay attention any more but now it comes out 2 to 3 times in a week. Simultaneously, I am also facing greasy (chiknahat) on my poop & this problem is with me for last 5 to 6 years. But mucus on poop has just recently started for last 2 years. It used to be come with poop 2 to 3 times in a month but now in a week I can see 2 to 3 times. Should I be worried about it. Recently I got ultrasound done but report is normal. Believe me, except home food I don't take any thing. Then why this problem is with me. Should I again go for ultrasound or any other test to know the exact problem. Does masturbation also create some nonsense problem like this becoz I disclose in front of you that at teen age I was addict of masturbation but for last 6 years I skipped & controlled my feeling fully when I came to know its bad effect. But mucus on poop & greasy problem is trying me & make me realise the this is just becoz of masturbation. Should I go for any other test to know the root cause of both the above problem.
My digestion is not good from few days and I'm not eating any fast food I don't know why it's happening what should I do?
Hello doctor My age 22 weight 90 kgs height 5'11 Aftr eating chicken from next severe pain while going to toilet. Some blood has come. It is like nails poking me while going to bath room. My doubt is that it may be piles. I am afraid to go to hospital and any suggestions you can give me Any tablets to reduce my pain. Please help me.
My uncle suffering from peptic ulcer so please suggest me what should I do for my uncle, i am in Very confusion please suggest me.
I have indigestion. When I take food everytime I see indigestion. Please help me out of this. I am 35 years old. Please suggest.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of ulcers or open sores, in the innermost layer of the large intestine. It is a form of inflammatory bowel disease. Even though there is no absolute cause of ulcerative colitis, there are some possible factors such as genetics, infections and stress. It mostly seems to be hereditary in the sense that of the 10-30% people that have ulcerative colitis, most of them have one close family member with the same condition.
The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Diarrhoea with blood and mucus
- Abdominal pain can range from mild discomfort to painful cramping
- Weight loss
Treatment of Ulcerative colitis: Even though conventional treatment such as corticosteroids and aminosalicylates are used to reduce inflammation, homeopathic treatment can help stop the bleeding and diarrhoea. A long-term remission is possible, and future attacks can be prevented by homeopathy.
Some of the common homeopathic ulcerative colitis remedies are:
- Argentum nitricum: This is used to relieve diarrhoea with mucus and blood, excessive gas; it is also used to treat anxiety that may arise from diarrhoea.
- Arsenicum album: This is used if the stool is foul smelling and frequent, especially at night, and there is a burning pain in the abdomen; fear of disease and death along with sudden chills is also treated by Arsenicum album.
- Mercurius corrosivus: This is used to treat haemorrhagic and ulcerative lesions, severely painful defecation and painful foul smelling diarrhoea with blood; it might be taken if the pain remains even after defecation.
- Nitricum acidum: This is used if there is diarrhoea with mucus and blood and stinging pains; it is also taken if there are chills coupled with irritable anxiety.
- Phosphorus: It is used to treat bloody and painless diarrhoea; it is also used to treat emotional oversensitivity to the feelings of others.