Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vipin S CheckerYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old pregnant woman of 8 months. I hv extra mass under my right arm pit and above left breast. During pregnancy they have increased in size and became dark. Can you suggest me remedy.
I had sex on 21st April i.e today. Which was first protected then without condom. And when we started without condom. By that time a lot of irritation has started in my vagina. I also had v thick n smelly urine. Feels like I did it for the first time. Also it was the 6th day of my cycle. My cycle started on 16th of this month.
I am 30 year old female, have a son of 2.5 year. We are planning for a second baby. M overweight, used to get my menses on time but last month I took pills to prepone periods so this month I missed my menses. Got my upt done but its negative. Please help me.
Hi I had unprotected sex on 15th and 16th February. My periods are due on 23rd February. Can I get pregnant.
25 yr old lady p1 l1developed DVT while on low dose OCpills to regularise cycles&for contraception.She is a case of PCOD , conceived first child with CC.She is on ecospirin150mg od now.She has continuous bleeding now since one month after 3 month amenorreoa.Her cyccles before 1st childbirth were also like this.She also 1 iud with severe PIH in 1st pregnancy.She could be acase of APLAB syn.Suggest investigation& drugs/methods to control bleed&also for contraception
Now i am carrying 25 weeks baby, i am continuously suffering from depression due to family problems whether it will affect my baby's growth.
I had a still birth in end of 8th month due to amniotic fluid was emptied. And I had gestational diabetes also. Now i am pregnant of 5 weeks. Can you suggest me how to manage gestational diabetes and what to do for my healthy baby.
My friend had unprotected sex a week ago could she be pregnant and having pregnancy symptoms already.
I am 19 year old female. I am suffering from bilateral pcod even though I am lean. My doctor prescribed myotol-F. I was taken myotol-F for 5 months. But my condition was not improved. Now my doctor prescribe normoz. Is normoz is better than myotol-F?
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and if left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.