Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
My stomach is getting swollen as previously I had an operation for umbilical hernia in 2013 as well as removed gold bladder in 1997 in India. Diagnosed with thyroid 2013 and using thyroxine 100 ml. Kindly advice as my stomach pains allot ,night fever as well as constipation and abdominal pain.
Psoriasis is a complex immune?mediated disease and is a common disorder that affects men and women equally.
Although it can begin at any age, the peak times for disease onset are young adulthood (ages 20 to 30 years) and late middle age (ages 50 to 69 years).
There are multiple clinical subtypes of psoriasis. Plaque psoriasis, the most common presentation of psoriasis, most commonly presents with sharply defined erythematous plaques with overlying silvery scales. The scalp, extensor elbows, knees, and back are common locations for plaque psoriasis lesions.
Psoriatic arthritis occurs in about 30 percent of patients with psoriasis, and precedes the skin manifestations in approximately 15 percent of patients.
A diagnosis of psoriasis can be made by history and physical examination in the vast majority of cases. Occasionally, a skin biopsy is needed to rule out other conditions.
Numerous topical and systemic therapies are available for the treatment of psoriasis. Treatment modalities are chosen on the basis of disease severity, relevant comorbidities, patient preference (including cost and convenience), efficacy and evaluation of individual patient response.
I'm 25 year old I got a problem with my skin every time it will sweat to much lost six months onwards I never wear a shirt because I can't going outside with shirts sweating is to much so t- shirt wearing I'm thes days but why this happened.
I am suffering sexual problem I am unmarried I am not able to find my solution Problem is very fast discharge.
I always feel feverish. But when I check with a thermometer, I don't have fever. My full legs keep aching. I have got all blood tests done. All parameters are reported to be normal. I have consulted allopathy, homeopathy and Ayurvedic doctors. But, my illness has not been cured. Can anyone help me please!
Hi, my mother have low bp problem, most of the time she will be tired and she wont be able to do anything. I want to take care of her please suggest me what are all the remedies to get cure from low bp?
I am 52 year old, recently I have suffered from pain behind neck on right side, which was too severe for first two days and light pain is still lasting on sleeping position while turning head. The X-ray report says everything OK except one line I. E. Early lipping is seen. What shall I do.
Health benefits of CHICKPEAS:
1. Control hunger
2. Reduce Cholesterol
3. Rich source of soluble fibre
4. Improve women's health
5. Control diabetes
6. Boost immune system
7. Help in good sleep