Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Vipin H.AgarkarYour feedback matters!
I have stomachache from last 15 days I've visited many doctors they also gave mw medicines and I take it on time but it didn't stip my pain. And its still paining. Need help.
We have often heard women complaining of skin like an orange peel, dimpled skin, all these are just synonyms of the word cellulite. Mostly women are affected by cellulite and this can happen at any stage after puberty starts settling in.
So what exactly is cellulite? Is it the same as fat or different from it?
Cellulite is a kind of fat tissue in the sub-cutaneous layer of the skin. When our body system works effectively, all the waste material and toxins are removed, as a result of which we get smooth curves, if the waste material gets trapped in the skin, the connective tissue become rigid, thereby giving a dimpled effect.
Mostly women are prone to cellulite which tends to get stored in the hips, thighs, stomach, lower back etc.
5 ways to fight cellulite the right way!
1. Healthy and balanced diet can help reduce cellulite, to reduce cellulite we will have to detoxify our body, during detoxification cut out caffeine, do not eat extra salt or fat, drink lot of water. Eat things like soya, blueberries and nuts. Ensure that there is a sufficient intake of nutrients like vitamin c, b complex and essential fatty acids. Onions are good for reducing cellulite. Onions acts as like a natural diuretic and will release the excess water from the skin cells. Reduce alcohol, fried foods, spices and smoking.
2. Cellulite can be mobilised with the right exercise. Exercising improves blood circulation and helps in getting rid of the toxins from our body effectively. Special exercises like walking, cycling, climbing stairs & yoga help improve muscles in the thighs. Muscles will stretch the skin and smoothen the dimples appearance.
3. Right breathing exercises also help to remove toxins from the body. Proper breathing is a must for better oxygenation of blood, which in turn makes the lungs work more efficiently to throw the waste out.
4. A good anti cellulite massage is also helpful to some extent. Massaging the areas that have cellulite will increase circulation and break the fat up. Use of aromatherapy oils like sage and juniper help in cellulite reduction.
5. Special body wraps with ingredients like green tea, warm ground coffee and seaweed are very helpful in treating cellulite. Various anti cellulite oils are available which can be used.
How would life threatening sexual transmitted diseases happen? I'm 25, working, but have had multiple sexual partners (although all of them were protected sex). Am I prone to STD? How often do I need to get myself checked? What are the most obvious symptoms? I am very worried, please help!
I have a wound in my leg. Its been a month and it's still not healing. What may be the reason doctor?
My friend has an addiction of smoking and drinking. Since few months he had vomited blood and has chest pain too. What can be the cure?
My son is about 6 years he getting ear pain but his ear is so clean his scrub with hand and says there is a pain in ear please suggest me what I to do?
Constipation is the most widely found problem of mankind. Almost the largest number of drugs, are available for the problem and largest sums of money are spent by people to get rid of it. Even then the medical science does not recognise it as a serious disease.
To some extent they are correct. Constipation is not a disease as such, it is merely a condition but it can be responsible for attacks of almost all diseases which are effecting the humans. Unfortunately it is also spreading wildly as the civilization is spreading and eating refined foods is becoming fashionable. Many drugs also cause constipation. If so the prescribing doctor should be immediately contacted for change of the prescription.
The present treatment of the condition is drugs of three different types.
B) Bulk forming
Lubricating drugs include various oils, milk of magnesia etc. These drugs lubricate the elementary canal and/or lubricate the faeces and thus facilitate the movement. These are the least damaging type of drugs. Yet they can make even undigested foods to pass through the system or cause diarrhoea.
Bulk forming drugs include isabgol, rice bran etc. When the bulk is increased the faeces move and are expelled faster. It should be remembered that these are just substitutes for the fibre which is lost during various processes adopted in kitchens. It is clearly foolishness to first throw away the natural fibre and replace it by purchasing substitutes from the market. Further rejected natural fibre carries away several essential nutrients with them, which are not replaced by the additives.
The agitating type drugs include several herbs and chemicals which are not acceptable to the system and therefore the system works extra harder to get rid of them. These ultimately tire out the system and weaken it. The weakened system requires more powerful drugs and the endless race starts. Thus this category causes maximum harm to the digestive system.
It is now obvious that all the above drugs are not the cure for constipation. These have only a onetime effect and can harm the system.
In fact the cure for constipation lies in life style itself. To get rid of it one should follow the following advice:
- Avoid refined foods.
- Eat maximum foods in raw form.
- Eat lots of salads and fruits so that there is enough fibre in the food.
- Avoid refined flour (Maida), polished rice etc.
- Do some regular exercise so that the body, including gut is in good health.
- Eat sprouted boiled pulses instead of pulses available in the market.
- Do not peel all those vegetables which can be used without peeling. Even if peeling is absolutely necessary do by minimum possible.
- Drink sufficient water. (Humans need about 3 litres of water every day).
- Try discharge faeces twice a day-Morning and Evening.
- Never ignore an urge. Attend to it as early as possible.
Even then sometimes the faeces become dry and hard. In all such cases instead of applying pressure it is better to take a plain water enema (Douche). It is totally harmless, does not form habit, and convenient to take. It is very important to get rid of constipation. Since constipation is the main cause of several diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.
Hai. This is Ravi. I have a problem that my headache since last 10 years. I already have used so many medicine. But there is no result. Please give me a suggestion to get rid off my problem.
Have been approved for a penile implant. I am looking for resources about the surgery: how the implant works, how it helps the penis lengthen from a flaccid state to fully erect?
I am 55 year old I am a diabetic patient for last 10 year. I am facing erection problem can you suggest some remedies.
I have a dandruff and itching problem, if I use shampoos my hair's will become white I don't know why please give suggestions that which shampoo I should use or any other product that my dandruff and itching problem will decrease as well as changing in color.
Is it safe to put finger on top of penis during ejaculation? Bcoz many times I ejaculated before reaching bathroom from my bed.
I have been experiencing some fungal infection in my genital area. After taking medicine it get invisible and after some time appears again. How to get permanently rid of this thing?
I'm 21 years old male. I'm suffering from nerve pain in my leg, hand, head. What is the cause? What should I do?
I have a tight foreskin problem so please kindly tell me about Partial foreskin circumcision BOTH LEZER & NORMAL. AND it's charges (Rate ).
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.