Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Vaishnav
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod VaishnavYour feedback matters!
How can we permanently get rid of ankle edema. I Am totally disappointed with it as I am a working women. Pls tell me it's treatment.
Tips for Acute Low Back Pain :
1). Icing immediately.
2). Do not bed bound yourself
3). Drink plenty of water
4). Keep moving as per your comfort level and painfree range of motion which you need to figure it out.
I have suffering from little gas problem, due to this I m assuming that I have back pain from this gas problem please prescribe me medicine or advice.
I am a mother of 1 year old kid. My back near tail bone is swallowen and become slight reddish and I have pain. I didn't fall down or got hurted.Kindly advise
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Iam 24 hears old. Iam getting back bone pain at the hip position. I have acidity problem. Can you suggest how to get rid off these.
I Am 34 years old I have been facing problems related to my bones and joints. Particularly when I am walking or running am getting pain under my knee of my left leg while walking. Its painfully to fold my fingers in my right hand. Please suggest the treatment and medicines for this.
Most of us may not be aware, but the knee is the largest joint in the human body and contributes the maximum to a person’s physical movement from one place to another. The knees play a significant role in a variety of movements including squatting, supporting the weight, running, kneeling, sitting, etc.
Whether it is a severe accident, osteoarthritis that set in with age, or other reasons, the result could be stiff, painful knees. The first line of treatment would be exercise, physiotherapy, and medications. However, if these do not work, then surgical treatment is the choice. Though usually it is reserved for people over the age of 50, there could be exceptions.
Given the number of functions it is involved in, when a serious procedure like knee replacement is being considered, the pain that the person would go through and the recovery time are two important parameters to address. It is best that the patient has a detailed discussion with the doctor and gets all doubts clarified. This will help both the patient and the doctor have realistic and practical expectations about what to expect after the surgery.
So, when pain and stiffness make knee replacement inevitable, prepare for it. The following sequence outlines what happens right from surgery to recovery.
Under general anesthesia, the damaged portion of the knee is removed, and a prosthesis (metal or plastic) is used to replace the removed portion.
Hospital stay can range from 3 to 5 days.
In about a month, the patient will have remarkable recovery, with almost no pain.
Though not advisable, most patients would be able to stand and do basic movement on the day of surgery.
Begin walking with the support of parallel bars and continue using cane/walker/crutches for the first few days to avoid overload on the knees.
With proper support, walking is possible in 3 to 5 days. Continue using a cane for the next few weeks to strengthen the knee.
Schedule a postoperative visit in the 4th to 6th week after surgery.
Draw up an exercise routine with your physiotherapist.
Ice pack can be applied to control swelling.
Driving should be possible, once you are off pain medications, as these can make you drowsy.
Blood clot in the surgical site causing a bruise will disappear in a couple of weeks.
Knee replacement is almost magical as in the long run (10 years postoperatively), there is a good 98% chances of success.
Having said this, it is important to remember each person responds differently to the procedure and therefore treatment/rehabilitation is completely personalized.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!