Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Prabhu
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PrabhuYour feedback matters!
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.
My mother's esr is increased. The esr is now 39 whereas normal is 10-20 in ladies. What is solution of this problem and what is effect on body if esr is increased. Pls tell me.
My friend didn't had her menstrual cycle. And she is not pregnant also. She did her pregnancy test also. Her dates are to be 10th but nothing happened yet. Wat should we do?
My wife is unable to produce milk for my new born baby (4 days old. What is the other source. Lactogen or cow milk which is good one.
I have a 3 year old child, my wife served breastfeeding till 1.5 years, still her breast produce milk, didn't dried up, pls suggest what to do?
Hi. I am trying to conceive from last 4 months. As my husband soon will be going back fr his job fr 2 yrs. Bt unable to do so. Please suggest specific tym to have sex. I get my periods every mnth on 22 or 23rd.
Homeopathy literally translates to same/similar and study. The philosophy of homoeopathy is like cures like. The medications that are usually prescribed by homoeopathy doctors contain the same ingredients which would cause the disease. For example, if gout is due to excessive uric acid, the treatment also would include uric acid, but at highly diluted doses.
There is constant controversy as to whether this actually works. While there are numerous patients who have benefitted from using these products, there is another segment which claims that they just have a placebo effect and actually are not of any medicinal value. The following are some points raised by clinicians and patients all over which question homoeopathy.
- Arriving at the right prescription: No two individuals are given the same treatment in homoeopathy, even though they may have the exact clinical presentation. The doctor needs to spend a lot of time to discuss other symptoms and then come to a conclusion as to what to use. This is extremely complex and even tricky sometimes. Arriving at a wrong conclusion and giving wrong medication is quite possible if a proper diagnosis and case study is not done. This is one big risk that is raised against homoeopathy.
- Limited trial periods: Another argument against homoeopathy is that none of these products have gone through clinical trials and therefore their safety is a big question. There are also reports of people having had adverse reactions to some homoeopathy medicines.
- Uncertain responses: Just as the diagnosis, even the response to treatment is unique and specific to individuals. While some medicine might work for a person, it may not work for another. Also, the duration of treatment can widely vary. Some might respond in days, others might take weeks or sometimes even months. In the meantime, there could be other symptoms arising as a result of the medicine per se.
- Homoeopathic aggravation: Going by its basic philosophy, homoeopathy uses the same medicine to treat the symptoms which would induce it in the first place. Therefore, there is a high chance of initial aggravation of symptoms at the beginning of therapy. Patients who choose homoeopathy are often warned of this and advised not to worry about this, as this is a typical observation.
- Drug interactions and side effects: Many homoeopathy products have significant side effects. What can affect one body system in a positive way can have a negative effect on another body system. However, the argument is that the medicine is used in highly diluted forms and are not capable of causing any adverse effects.
What you eat has a direct effect on your skin; eat healthy and your skin looks healthy, eat unhealthy food and your skin looks dull. Eating right can even fight signs of aging thus, negating the need for procedures like Botox. Not only does it cost less, but healthy food boosts your overall health as well.
Here are 6 such foods that can help you fight signs of aging and give you a flawless complexion.
Turmeric: Turmeric is well known for its yellow colour and anti-inflammatory properties. Many home remedies suggest the use of turmeric for a number of health ailments including skin conditions. Turmeric can fight signs of aging by reducing inflammation and oxidation. This, in turn, helps the skin heal faster. This spice can be added to your food or mixed with warm milk to benefit from it.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich sources of vitamin C and lycopene. Vitamin C helps stimulate the production of collagen and hence keeps the skin firm while lycopene protects the skin against harmful UV radiation. As a general rule of thumb, the deeper red the tomato is, the better it is.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and raspberries are excellent sources of Vitamin E and antioxidants that fight against the effects of pollution and rids the body of free radicals and other toxins that cause premature aging. These berries also have anthocyanins that boost the effects of vitamin C
Honey: Honey can be eaten or applied topically on the skin to benefit from it. Honey helps keep the body hydrated by absorbing moisture and preventing the skin from drying out. It also has antibacterial properties that prevent acne and other breakouts. Ideally, honey should be used and consumed in its raw, unprocessed form.
Nuts: Nuts are a great snack that keeps your skin looking young and fresh. Almonds are excellent sources of vitamin E that help fight acne, psoriasis and eczema among other skin ailments. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that keep the skin soft and supple. Brazil nuts are also rich sources of vitamin E. However, keep in mind the high calorific value of these nuts and do not overindulge in them.
Avocados: Avocados are filled with essential fatty acids that moisturize and nourish skin. They are also rich in Vitamin B, C and E. While vitamin C boosts collagen production, vitamin E maintains the elasticity of skin and prevents sagging. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor, my daughter suffers from menorrhagia for the last fourteen years, since her periods started. Her period starts but doesn't stop on its own. She is advised by the doctors to take primolut-n to stop it. She gets relief for one or two months and again the same problem. All test done. Everything normal. Slight pcod. It is also a recent development. Please help. Her age is 29. She is married for four years. No kids.
From couple of days I.M not getting my period done suggest me some good medicine? How can I cure from dis disease. I think I am pregnant. So suggest good reasons for my question.
Seeds of plant cannabis sativa, available in the market as hemp seeds, are gaining increased recognition as a complete nutrition pack. Dietitians and nutrition experts mostly recommend ‘hemp seeds’ because of its excellent nutrition credentials, and recent research studies have confirmed this also.
Before you go on to spend your money, here is all you should know about hemp seeds.
Why should you eat?
It’s incredibly nutritious!
What nutrition you get?
Packed with protein, fibres, & minerals (vit. E and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and zinc present in good amount)
Exceptionally rich in essential fatty acids – omega 6 and omega 3, present in the ratio of 3: 1 which is considered to be the optimal range
How to consume?
Available in raw/ cooked / roasted forms.
Very good (80℅ insoluble fibre)
Best way to eat:
A versatile food, it can be sprinkled on salad, mixed in with yogurt, or add into the smoothies.
And it’s not just the nutritional value, hemp seeds have enormous health benefits. They have been proven effective in controlling various diseases like alzheimer’s, and reducing symptoms of pms by hormone regulation.
Listed below are 4 evidence based health benefits of hemp seeds:
1. Heart diseases – ‘arginine’ present in this seed produces nitric oxide which further makes blood vessels dilate and relax, thus reducing symptoms of blood pressure and heart diseases.
2. Lowers the risk of blood clot formation.
4. Helps in treatment of pms menopause: physical and emotional symptoms caused by pms are very likely caused by sensitivity to the hormone ‘prolactin.’ presence of gla (gama linolenic acid) produces prostaglandin e1 which reduces the effect of prolactin. This way hemp seed functions as a hormone imbalance regulator.
Last but not the least, know that hemp seeds will not make you test positive for marijuana. Yes. It’s just that hemp and marijuana are members of the same species, cannabis sativa. Hemp plants that are grown for food contain as little as 0.001 percent
Tetrahydrocannabinol (thc). This means you can eat hemp as much as you want and it’ll never make you high!
Take home message:
3 tablespoons of hulled hemp seeds gives you 10 grams (g) of protein, 14g fat and 2g fiber.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult a doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist