Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Prabhu
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Hi I have white patch grown in last 3-4 months near vagina outer libs abd anal part. It causes itching n some skin removes as well. Sometimes swelling in affected area. I am unable to sleep properly due to this. Patch is growing daily. .i maintains hygiene. .i m nt sexually active. . Age is 26 unmarried. . Never had sexual relation . Takes plenty of water daily. I am worried. Is it lichen sclerosus or something else. Please guide me.
I am 25 year old. Now 46 days pregnancy. 46 days scan light pregnancy forming. Doctor said now pregnancy is start but heart beat after 50 days start. So I am very scared. Doctor said again 15 days after coming that time heart beat checking. Pls suggestion why now heart beat is not came?
Vertigo is a type of dizziness where you feel like the world is spinning. Nausea and vomiting are common and you may feel unsteady. Often vertigo is eased by lying down and made worse by sitting up or moving. It's not the same as simply feeling faint, dizzy or lightheaded when getting up. Vertigo can be very disabling.
Causes of vertigo
Vertigo can have many causes. The most common is from a disturbance of the vestibular system, the part of the inner ear and brain that controls balance and maintains eye focus during movement. Special sensors in the inner ear send messages back to the brain that help you maintain balance and focus. Common causes for vestibular system problems include:
Illness or disease
Head trauma (e. G, car accidents, falls, impact sports)
Ear infections (neuritis, labyrinthitis)
Stroke and/or brain injury
How physiotherapists help
Physiotherapists specifically trained to assess and treat vestibular problems are highly skilled at treating vertigo caused by vestibular problems. Research demonstrates vestibular rehabilitation improves balance, decreases dizziness/vertigo symptoms and increases general activity levels.
Getting an accurate diagnosis is important for effective treatment. If your condition is suitable for vestibular rehabilitation, your physiotherapist may include one or all of the following:
Balance retraining exercises
Specific exercises for the vestibular system
Special repositioning maneuver for vertigo caused by the crystals in the inner ear becoming stuck
Monitor progress and continually challenge the vestibular, visual and balance systems
Home program of individualized vestibular exercises
Often improvement or complete resolution of symptoms can be achieved within 6-8 weeks.
Your physiotherapist will:
Take a careful history to determine the type of vertigo
Screen for conditions requiring medical follow-up
Assess your balance and co-ordination
Complete a full examination of your nervous system
Test your vestibular system using special eye and head movement testing
Ideally, dinner should be the lightest meal of the entire day, so it is important to consider only healthy food items when you are deciding on your dinner plate. Eating a diet where the majority of food is healthy, helps in reducing the risk of various lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity.
If you are unable to decide, worry not. Here are 10 healthy food choices for dinner:
- Whole wheat bread: If you are the type of person who prefers white bread, then it is time to rethink your choice. Refined grains do not have high nutritional content when compared to whole grains. Refined grains also cause blood sugar spikes which may lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Plain chicken soup: A very delicious treat for long nights in the winter season, chicken soup is one of the healthiest dinner choices you can come across. It is simple to prepare and is light on the digestive system. You may add seasoning such as coriander and parsley to add flavor.
- Stir fried vegetables: Stir fried vegetables are healthy as they involve very little oil and time. Stir frying helps the food to retain its nutrients and keeps it calorie free. You may pair it with whole wheat bread or brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to your diet.
- Chicken pasta: Chicken pasta is another dish that is easy to prepare, it contains a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid adding butter or oil to keep it light, you may use herbs to add to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to the body. You may pair them with whole wheat pita bread and some scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
- Brown rice: If you like rice, make sure it is of the brown variety. Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that do not spike your blood sugar levels. Add some stir fried vegetables and chicken for protein and vitamins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.