Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Pardeshi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PardeshiYour feedback matters!
My age is 20, I fill a shoulder pain every day, that faced a problem any time. Please tell me what should I do to relief from this pain?
I have been facing knee joint problem but unable to take calcium tablet due to gas and other stomach problems. Request you to advise me how this problem could be solved. Regards
Sir I have pain in my joints and I consult many local doctors they suggest many creams bul all are useless What can I do Pradeep 28years male.
Breaking a bone no matter how small is painful. This pain is caused both by the actual break in the bone and the damage to surrounding muscles, ligaments, nerves and other soft tissue. There are three stages of pain caused by a fracture:
- Acute Pain: Pain that occurs immediately after a bone is fractured
- Sub-Acute Pain: Pain experienced while the one and soft tissues heal
- Chronic Pain: Pain experienced after the fracture has healed
Any kind of fracture can cause these types of pain. However, it is not essential for everyone who has had a fracture to experience all the three kinds of pain. Many people experience pain only when the fracture occurs but in few cases, a person may break a bone and not realize it. Each type of pain needs to be dealt with in a different way.
- Acute Pain: Acute pain reduces as the fracture heals. For this, the fractured bone must be reset in place and held together with a splint, brace or cast so as to immobilize it. In some cases, surgery may also be needed. Over the counter pain medication is often prescribed to help deal with this type of pain. The patient is also advised to rest the broken bone and avoid certain types of movement that could worsen the break. A broken bone takes a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to heal. However, in cases of other conditions such as osteoporosis, this time period could be much longer.
- Sub-Acute Pain: As the injury heals, the sub-acute pain experienced reduces. Immobilizing a broken bone to help it heal causes the muscles and soft tissues around it to stiffen and weaken thus triggering this type of pain. Physical therapy can be very helpful in dealing with this type of pain. Along with strengthening the muscles and reducing stiffness, physical therapy also helps reduce inflammation and scar tissue. Physical therapy can be provided in many ways including exercises, electrical stimulation, ultrasounds, massage etc. It is important to remember that at this stage of treatment, the more the affected limb is used, the faster it will heal. However, it is advisable to avoid putting too much pressure on the bone.
- Chronic Pain: Some people may experience pain for several months and even years after a fracture has healed. This is usually caused by nerve damage or the development of scar tissue. Underlying conditions such as arthritis could also trigger this type of pain. Management of chronic pain varies from individual to individual. Treatment usually takes the form of medication, exercises and physical therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have my shoulder pain and itching in my fingers too using painkillers but no result can you suggest me any treatment for me.
Hi Extreme pain in frozen shoulder. What type of support will be helpful for a lady ageing 55 years .please help
The entire humanity is now used to a fast paced, stressful life without time to think about their physical and mental health. Your body can adapt to this kind of lifestyle for a while. After which, one fine day, it might breakdown, with or without warning. Emotional stability is lost, and physical trauma is felt, and everyday activities may seem to be scary. Yoga comes to the rescue for all your problems. Be they physical or mental.
The real essence of Yoga lies around improving the life force at the base of the backbone. It attempts to achieve holistic goodness through various physical and mental workouts. Coming to the physical level, the procedures comprise of several postures or yogic asanas which can keep the body healthy, while on the mental level, there are some breathing techniques which helps in disciplining the mind. The benefits of Yoga are almost endless, and this is the reason why it has received international acclamation even when it had originated in India centuries ago.
How can Yoga aid you to live a better life?
No matter whether you are from the West or East, regular practice of Yoga can will offer tons of benefits which include:
- Improvement of flexibility: This is the most significant benefit of Yoga where you can improve your posture with each practice sessions. Inflexibility can bring about a lot of movement issues; tight hamstrings can flatten the lumbar spine while tight hips can cause strain to the knee. Daily Yoga can relieve the connective tissues while improving posture.
- Builds muscle strength: Strong muscles are not just meant for making you look good; it can protect you from conditions such as back pain, arthritis and falls among aged people. With regular practice of Yoga, you can see your muscles becoming stronger and flexible within a short span.
- Prevention of joint and cartilage breakdown: While practicing Yoga, all the major joints of the body runs through a roller coaster of motion. This can prevent degenerative arthritis and squeeze the parts of the cartilage which are not usually used.
- Improve the health of the bone: Several postures of Yoga demand you to bear your own weight such as the downward and the upward facing dog which also helps in making the bones in the arms stronger. Plus, Yoga is known to lower the cortisol levels which can boost the level of calcium in the bones.
- Protection of the spine: The spinal disks which help in absorbing shock crave for movement through which they get the nutrition. Yoga can get you optimum backbends, twists and forward bends to keep the disks in a supple condition.
How has Yoga helped in improving health condition?
Timothy McCall, MD, wanted to come to India to research and investigate on the benefits of Yoga in 2002. Weeks before that he developed tingling sensation along with numbness in his right hand. He was scared and thought that it was something serious like multiple sclerosis or a brain disease but found that he had a nerve blockage in the neck and chest.
Even though it was incapacitating to some extent, this ailment was a blessing in disguise as he could allow Yoga experts to evaluate the cause of the problem and treat it and his experiment reaped benefits. He practiced Pranayama which is a breathing exercise, different moves and chanting to restore vital energy to the affected parts. This had not only helped him to get rid of these problems but also made his body even more flexible, improved his postures and relieved him of various symptoms.
Basic Yoga asanas that can help maintain health
- Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
More real life examples can be cited where people suffering from chronic illness have gotten a complete relief by practicing Yoga. Across the world, this ancient Indian therapy has been acknowledged as an effective alternative therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.