Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Pandey
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod PandeyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Vinod Pandey
Great diagnosis with great treatment
The digestive system is responsible for your overall well-being. It breaks down the food you eat into essential nutrients that help repair cells, stimulate growth, and give your body energy.
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Computers, working stations, all work on table-tops and for add on watching TV in improper position, reading while sleeping and many other causes are there which are adding extra stiffness to the neck of human beings so pain in neck is increasing day by day. Collars are a fashion in corporate and soon these might be included into the official uniforms for everybody who works on computers. Why neck pain is like a breakout? Is it an era of Cervical Pain? What are the reasons for neck pain and is there any way to get rid of the pain in neck?
Neck pain, surely pain in the neck. This pain can be caused by many different spinal problems. Neck pain may be caused by the muscular stiffness in neck as well as in upper back on a simpler note and it might be due to the pinching of the nerve in cervical region. This might be cervical spondylosis or spondylitis too. Joints of the neck as well as of upper back can cause this problem.
Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be caused due to many reasons, these reasons might be as simple as stiffness due to overwork or these might be some serious problems, even of the brain. Here is a basic list of the causes of the neck pain.
- Problems like dyssection in Carotid Artery (the artery carrying blood to the brain)
- Cornoray Arterial Disease’s reffered pain
- Cancer in head or neck region
- This might be a simple upper respiratory tract infection
- Herniation of the Spinal Disc
- Pinched Nerev
- Disc Buldge
- Spinal stenosis
- Stress – physical and emotional stresses
- Prolonged postures- sitting in one posture for hours, like watching a movie or reading a novel sitting in wrong posture.
So if you are avoiding your neck pain by just applying some silly-magical-refreshing-pain relieving creams, stop!! Go for a complete and proper diagnosis of the problem, because there might be nothing to worry about the pain or this might be a big issue.
Ayurvedic Medication and Herbs For Neck Pain
Ayurvedic medication and medicinal herbs are important in Ayurvedic treatment and it help in the long term eradication of any disease. The people rely on these ancient methods of treatment for the various health problems which have assumed its importance in the recent times. The diseases and their treatments are done with utmost care by the medicinal herbs under the garb of Ayurvedic treatments.
Fascinatingly the medications are brewed from natural herbs and plants. The Sagas of ancient India have regulated the dosage of the various medicines that features in the list of alternative therapies for Ayurvedic medication. The body first undergoes the cleansing mechanism before any treatment is applied on them.
Ayurveda is meant for different health problems and is effectively used for treating the conditions and getting the relief. Not only in India, where it is discovered, but also worldwide people are effectively getting the relief from this amazing therapy and gaining huge benefits from this natural relieving method.
There are many ayurvedic treatment methods which not only help in getting relief from neck and shoulder pain but also give you a substantial reduction in the pain of the cervical spondylosis. So why not just consult with an Ayurveda expert and get the right treatment for the right kind of help.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic remedies for arthritis, you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment. Arthritis is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disease causing damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee gets commonly affected. There are three primary types of arthritis, which occur in your knees. Ayurveda is ideal for arthritis treatment, and there are several Ayurvedic remedies that you can opt for .
Arthritis is very common but is not well understood. Actually, “arthritis” is not a single disease; it is an informal way of referring to joint pain or joint disease. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions. People of all ages, sexes and races can and do have arthritis, and it is the leading cause of disability in America. More than 50 million adults and 300,000 children have some type of arthritis. It is most common among women and occurs more frequently as people get older.
Common arthritis joint symptoms include swelling, pain, stiffness and decreased range of motion. Symptoms may come and go. They can be mild, moderate or severe. They may stay about the same for years, but may progress or get worse over time. Severe arthritis can result in chronic pain, inability to do daily activities and make it difficult to walk or climb stairs. Arthritis can cause permanent joint changes. These changes may be visible, such as knobby finger joints, but often the damage can only be seen on X-ray. Some types of arthritis also affect the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys and skin as well as the joints.
How does ayurveda approach arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vatadosha (air). The body produces ama a toxin that is released as a by product of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis aims at balancing and stabilising the Vata component of your body. This is done by strengthening your alimentary canal and metabolic pathway. This makes sure that your circulatory channels do not get blocked by impurities, and are functioning properly. You need to drink a lot of water in order to detoxify your body. There are several Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis treatment as well, which help in improving your motion range.
You should start your day with a big glass of lukewarm water every day with Home Remedy ie. 100gm fried Methi (fenugreek) + 100gm Haldi + 10gm Piparamul Make it mixer. Take 1 Teaspoon every day morning & Evening
You should opt for fenugreek which is an ideal natural inhibitor of aama and corrects your Vata dosha. This natural arthritis remedy can be taken in various ways. You can take these seeds in your food. You can also grind them, mix mustard oil to it, and apply the mixture to your joints. This provides warmth and relief to your joints.
You can opt for an Ayurvedic hot oil massage of your joints. This is effective, especially during the winter. You can use ITIS OIL + castor oil + sesame seed oil for massaging your arthritis affected joints. Do not apply pressure while massaging your joints as applying pressure goes against the principles of Ayurveda.
It is recommended for you to meditate regularly for relieving stress and coping with anxiety. These factors are responsible for the development of ama in your body. Regular meditation makes your body relaxed and calm. You should practice yoga as it involves several breathing exercises which help in initiating you into meditation. Having effective control over your breath, your meditation will be more effective.
Take one teaspoon castor oil with one cup warm water once in a week.
It is important for you to sleep early and wake up early. The disruption of your sleep cycle causes aggravation of all your doshas and causes stress and fear. A healthy sleep cycle helps you in keeping away from obesity. This improves the health of your load bearing joints, as the chances of them getting extra load because of obesity are prevented.If you are looking for Ayurvedic remedies for arthritis, it is important for you to consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner. He will be able to prescribe you Ayurvedic remedies which suit your symptoms and stage of arthritis.
You start Unique Ayurvedic Panchkarma Treatment like abhyangam, Swedanam, Podikizi, and janu Basti along with basti treatment.
Hepatitis B and C are both viral infections of the liver caused by Hepatitis B (HBV) and Hepatitis C (HCV) virus respectively. Though the viral infections mostly affect children, adults are equally susceptible, if not more. The condition, if left untreated can have serious consequences on the liver (liver damage, scarring, liver cirrhosis and even cancer).
The symptoms for hepatitis B and C are almost similar and include:
- Abdominal or belly pain.
- Jaundice is one of the common and most important symptoms or medical condition associated with hepatitis B and C. The infection often interferes with the ability of the liver to filter out the bile pigment, bilirubin (the breakdown product of hemoglobin).
- Extreme tiredness and exhaustion.
- Nausea, loss of appetite.
- There may be a fever and vomiting in case of hepatitis B.
In both hepatitis B and C, the infection causing virus can spread through
- Unprotected sex.
- From the affected person (through their blood, body fluids or open sores).
- Use of infected needles and syringes.
- In the case of hepatitis C, the virus can also spread from the pregnant women to her child.
Though conventional medications and treatments are available, many people go for the Ayurvedic treatments instead. Ayurveda adopts a holistic approach in treating the ailment or disease. The treatment is 100% natural and thus, have negligible or no side effects at all. The Ayurvedic treatment may be time-consuming, but it treats the condition from the base (it works towards identifying and eliminating the very underlying factor responsible for the ailment). The approach is similar in the case of hepatitis B and C. In addition to treating hepatitis, the medications also bring about a remarkable improvement in the associated symptoms (like jaundice, fatigue and nausea).
Some of the Ayurvedic medicines used to treat hepatitis B include
- Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri): Bhumi Amla can be used to treat Hepatitis B and the associated symptoms successfully. The medicine lowers the bilirubin level in the blood, thus providing relief from jaundice (one of the characteristic symptoms of Hepatitis B and C). It is also an effective medicine to deal with liver failure or liver problems.
- Echinacea (Andrographis): The medicine has anti microbial properties and, thus, checks and prevents the growth of the HBV (Hepatitis B Virus). It also enhances the overall functioning of a person's immune system (immune booster).
- Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna): People with Hepatitis B can benefit immensely from this medicine. Like Echinacea, Arjuna is also known to be an immune booster.
- Kaasni: The medicine is used to treat hepatitis B and liver problems. Kaasni is also an excellent blood purifier.
The ayurvedic medicine for Hepatitis C include
- Kalmegh (Andrographis Paniculata): The medicine comes as a relief for people with hepatitis C and liver problems. The anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties of Kalmegh further enhances its effectiveness.
- Guduchi (AMBROSIA), Haritaki (TERMINALIA CHELUBA), CURCUMA LONGA are few other Ayurvedic medicines that are equally effective in treating Hepatitis C.
Most people dread the prospect of having to deal with diabetes. After all, having any disease is not a nice prospect, let alone a lifestyle disease such as diabetes. For many people who have it, a lifetime of pill taking at different parts of the day is a reality. But what if, other successful forms of treatment were found to be effective? Yes, there is good news for all diabetic patients. Ayurveda is one such line of medicine, which has been successfully treating diabetic patients for centuries.
A lot of the effort to treat a person who has diabetes by using Ayurvedic principles has to do with the kind of food regularly consumed. This should not really come as that much of a surprise as our overall health has a lot more to do with the food that is eaten by a person than is normally thought. While cinnamon is considered to be great to add flavour to food, Chinese cinnamon, also known as cassia, which is sourced from the bark of the cinnamon tree, is a good resource to treat diabetes with.
When it comes to food items that should be avoided by a person who has diabetes, rice tops the list. It is something that should not be consumed in large quantities at all. This is true in spite of it being a staple food in many countries and for many people. Apart from this, eating potato does not do any favours either; so consume them in limited quantities.
It is very important to quit smoking and stop consuming alcohol to a large extent, if a complete withdrawal is not possible. In addition to this, sufficient sleep on a nightly basis is also key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. A person with diabetes would do well to make it a habit to practice meditation in a consistent way. Practising yoga and going for regular walks are also highly recommended. As a matter of fact, the activity level of a person should be high throughout the day and not just peak at the time of exercise.
One of the main beliefs of Ayurveda is that an overall healthy state of body needs to be maintained. If the body is not in balance, this will cause various problems in different parts of the body. As long as there is discipline, with Ayurveda, diabetes can be easily beaten!
The pitta dosha can be balanced by consuming fresh and whole foods, both raw and cooked. These foods are energising, cooling, dry, and have high carbohydrate content. They can effectively deal with pitta by fighting inflammation, absorb excess oil and liquid, and reduce internal heat. Pitta is basically liquid that is light, hot, sharp, oily and tends to spread fast. In light of this, the diet should comprise food that is dense, cool, dry and mild. Due to pitta’s substantive nature, a proper diet can help to strike the right balance.
Here is an overview of achieving a pitta balance to get rid of digestive problems:
- Cold food: Surprising as it may sound, food with a low temperature helps in balancing the pitta dosha compared to its hot counterparts. Raw foods tend to have a decreased temperature compared to the cooked ones. Having a good mix of raw fruits and vegetable is, therefore, part of a good a diet. Stay away from all types of caffeine and alcohol while following a pitta diet.
- Dense, nourishing and grounding food: Although heavy food might sound ideal to tackle light weight pitta, Ayurveda is the view that heavy food does more harm than good. Food that fits the bill includes root vegetables, cooking oils, grains, milk, and seeds. Since these foods tend to be sweet, it is necessary to ensure that a portion size is kept in mind and one must not overindulge in order to refrain from putting on weight. Food that should be slashed from the regular diet includes processed fast foods, pastries, heavy snacks that comprise chemicals and preservatives, and sweet beverages.
- Dry food instead of liquid: Between a semi-liquid and solid meal, the latter should be chosen since it helps in fighting pitta better. Some of the ideal food that fits the bill include pasta, potatoes, beans, oats, millet, corn and other leafy green vegetables. While cooking it is advised that a good quality ghee or oil is used. Some food stuff that needs to be totally slashed from the existing diet includes nuts, cheese, cream, olives eggs and nuts. Mild food:
In terms of food flavours, it makes sense to choose flavours that are gentler and milder in taste such as the ones found in apples, soft cheese, cucumbers and lime juice over sharp flavours such as vinegar, pineapple, old cheese, and pickles. Simultaneously stimulants such as hard alcohol, nicotine, drugs etc. should be completely eschewed in order to avoid indigestion. This is especially true during night-time when the level of indigestion is more due to reduced mobility of the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You might have indulged in various types of detox regimes, but have you tried the Ayurvedic detox yet? This regime is short, simple and very easy to follow but the benefits it proffers are not possibly limited to a particular aspect of well-being. You can undertake it at any time of the year, but it would be extremely advantageous if you select the juncture between two seasons when your body has already got an alert about the imminent change in the surroundings.
The importance of detoxifying the body: The practice of cleansing the mind and body is considered to be one of the most crucial aspects of Ayurvedic lifestyle. It offers a valuable way of cleaning away all the accumulated toxicity and wastes from the tissues, which ensures optimal health. Modern lifestyle that leaves people stressed out at most times makes it even more necessary to include an overall detoxifying regime in the fitness routine. Today people have to undergo an endless variety of harmful inputs such as environmental pollution, junk food, sedentary lifestyle, psychological stress and anxiety and unresolved emotions. If they are allowed to accumulate within the body, over time they can be deposited in the tissue, and compromise on healthy living.
Advantages of taking part in detoxifications: A simple detoxifying plan that incorporates eating mono-diet, fresh fruits, drinking plenty of fluids in the form of water and other detoxifying fluids along with taking Triphala in the evening helps in supporting the digestion as well as the detoxifying system present within the body. It can also alleviate the physiology by slowing down the flood of damaging inputs and by allowing the body to rest and repair itself.
- Improving digestion and metabolic function
- Promoting regular as well as balanced elimination
- Supporting the maintenance of proper body weight
- Nurturing the improved sense of vitality, energy and enthusiasm of life
- Encouraging a balanced rest cycle
- Promoting improvement of overall health
When you are willing to take part in Ayurvedic detoxification, it is important that you prepare your body well before the schedule and expose yourself to as less amount of stress as possible. It is advised to take a break from the social sites and electronic devices as they increase the stimulation and don't allow the mind to rest. If you have a habit of drinking or smoking, it is necessary to bid a temporary goodbye to them and follow the detoxification regime as suggested by your physician as closely as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With any fertility treatment, a failure is possible due to several reasons. Most couples are having a problem while conceiving a baby and seek various fertility treatments with hope. When things happen otherwise, and the treatment fails, they miserably suffer.
What is IVF?
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a fertility treatment where eggs are removed from the woman’s ovary and fertilized with retrieved sperms in a laboratory dish. The embryo is then transferred to the woman’s uterus. The treatment is said to have a success rate of 40 percent; which means that it can fail in 60 percent cases.
So, why does the treatment fail?
Can it possibly fail ?
Though the success of IVF depends on certain predominant factors like age and overall health, there are two common reasons behind a failure of IVF, and they are:
An abnormal embryo- The most prevalent reason for a failed IVF is an abnormal or incompetent embryo. In most cases, this is due to an irregular number of chromosomes (aneuploidy) in the embryo. This might be because of an abnormal egg or abnormal sperm or when both gametes are abnormal.
Implantation failure- An underlying implantation dysfunction may prevent the embryo from attaching to the lining of the uterus. When the thickness of the endometrium is thin (less than 9 mm) at the time of progesterone administration, the implantation may fail. Implantation may fail due to surface lesions in the uterine cavity (due to scarring, polyps, or uterine fibroids) as well.
Other reasons are poor ovarian response and pre-treatment stress.
Make IVF a success with Ayurveda
Ayurveda, the ancient system of healing, appropriately prepares you well-ahead of an IVF treatment. The three key aspects of this treatment are – Detoxification, Nourishment, and Lifestyle changes.
The success of IVF is largely dependent on healthy eggs and sperms and a proper implantation of the embryo. Thus, as the first step, Ayurveda suggests that the couple are to be cleansed with Pancha Karma treatment before conception. Known as Beejshuddhi and Sthanshuddhi, the detoxification procedure purifies ovum, sperms, and uterus.
Along with these, other Pancha Karma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Yoniprakshalana, Vamana, and Virechana are performed to improve the health of reproductive organs. Shirodhara helps in reducing the stress levels of the couple.
Diet is an inherent component of Ayurveda treatment. Hence, a diet that increases fertility is advised to the couple. The couple is advised to stay away from certain foods as well.
The fertility diet includes fresh and organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy proteins, Moong dal, soaked almonds and walnuts, dried fruits like figs, dates, and raisins, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, and turmeric.
You should refrain yourself from spicy and salty foods and that containing artificial sweeteners, high-fat food, caffeine, alcohol, and excessive meat. Apart from the diet, certain Ayurvedic herbs are prescribed that strengthens the reproductive organs and improve immunity.
Infertility has become one of the lifestyle diseases. Ayurveda insists that healthy lifestyle is essential to conceive a baby. According to your body constitution, an Ayurvedic expert can guide you to make lifestyle modifications with Dinacharya and Rutucharya. Also, you must ensure adequate sleep and practice yoga (Surya Namaskar, Sarvangasana, Dhanurasana, Shalabasana, and Pranayama) regularly.
When IVF treatment is failing frequently, you tend to lose hope. However, with Ayurveda, there is definitely hope for success in conception.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA has surfaced as one of the most common types of artists amongst the citizens of the world. What sets it apart from the other types of arthritis is its unique characteristics of maintaining symmetry. In case you are affected with rheumatoid arthritis in your left wrist, your right wrist will also get affected. The same goes for your knees or other joints of the body. In case you suspect that you have Rheumatism, visit an Ayurvedic doctor immediately for best consultation and treatment.
Why See an Ayurvedic Specialist?
The condition might get severe, if not treated in time and might end up affecting your lungs, heart, eyes, skin, nerves and also your blood. One of the best ways to treat rheumatism is by appointing natural and effective treatment processes offered by Ayurveda. Ayurvedic doctors are experienced in treating health conditions, such as rheumatism with their natural medicines and advanced treatments that include no side effects.
Symptoms of Rheumatism:
Rheumatism as a disease, which may sometimes be unpredictable or untraceable. The main reason to this can be its inactive nature in some patients. In some cases, for a long period, it does not make its presence felt, and when it does, it does with a bang. Some of the most common symptoms of Rheumatism are
- Stiffness in joints: Joints affected by rheumatism become stiff and less flexible than before or not flexible at all. They become restricted in their movements, and the condition starts affecting both sides of your body.
- Inflammation or swelling in joints: Inflammation is another symbol of Rheumatism. This is mainly swelling that happens due to some fluid entering the joints and puffing it up.
- Redness in the area with constant warmth: When joints are affected by rheumatism, the skin of the affected area often becomes red and is constantly hot, in comparison to the skin around that affected area.
- Pain in that area: The swelling and the uncontrolled inflammation of the joints leads to pain in the same which sometimes may become unbearable and also movement restricting.
- Other side effects: It may include, fatigue, nausea, weight loss, and rising temperature. Now that you are aware of the symptoms of rheumatism, in case you notice any of these symbols in your day to day life, it is imperative that you consult an Ayurvedic specialist immediately.
Ayurvedic principles and rheumatism:
While surgery and other medication can be considered optional for treating rheumatism, it does not guarantee a complete cure. Ayurveda, on the other hand, proposes complete and natural cure for the condition, without posing the threat of recurrence of rheumatism or any other kind of side effects. Some of the medicines and herbs, used in Ayurveda to treat rheumatism are