Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita SalviYour feedback matters!
The three basic things required for maintaining health as per ayurveda classics are:
• Ahara (Proper Diet)
• Nidra (Proper sleep)
• Brahmacharya (continence)
Thus Diet is considered as the foremost factor for keeping oneself healthy. If diet is taken in proper manner it will maintain health and can even curb diseases but if taken in an improper way it may be the causative factor for disease as Mithya ahara (Improper diet) is said to be one of the causes for the occurrence of diseases in Ayurveda. Thus ayurveda has laid emphasis on taking proper diet and a lot of information about it is available in Ayurvedic classics. By adopting Ayurveda diet plans one can enjoy a healthy body, mind and soul. This section will deal with the various aspects of diet as per Ayurveda.
The Importance of Six Tastes in Ayurvedic Diet :
Ayurveda recognizes six tastes and it's quite important to have all of these 6 tastes in your diet every day. The six tastes are:
Sweet sugar, honey, rice, pasta, milk, etc.
Sour lemons, hard cheese, yogurt, vinegar, etc.
Salty salt, any salty food.
Pungent chili peppers, cayenne, ginger, any hot spice.
Bitter leafy greens, turmeric, lettuce, etc.
Astringent pomegranate, beans, lentils, etc.
These six tastes are listed in the order they are digested in your body.Sweet gets digested first, that's why it's not a good idea to have a dessert at the end of the meal. Salad should be taken at the end of the meal.Cravings are often caused by not having all of the six tastes in your daily diet. Many people often omit the bitter and astringent tastes.When you have something bitter or astringent at the end of a meal, it actually reduces your desire for sweets.
Papaya is intense, light and rough by nature, besides being hot in potency. The taste is sweet and pungent, though the after taste is bitter. Chemically, this fruit contains gum resin, yellow in color, glycosides, sugars, citric acid and papain, a digestive enzyme. This enzyme has digestive fats and proteins. It has abundant vitamins, namely, vitamin b complex, vitamin a and vitamin c. It is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium supplements.
Natural tonic: papaya has numerous minerals, vitamins and digestive enzymes as a natural source. You can have papaya as a regular food in your daily diet and thus feel the boost of energy. This fruit can be beneficial as it increases blood sugar levels and improves blood pressure. It is highly recommended to people who suffer from lack of vigor, occasional sleep loss and fatigue symptoms.
Health benefits of papaya
- When taken with warm water is very useful. Even lactating mothers must supplement this fruit in their diet as a daily regimen. This results in a good production of milk.
- Joint pains remedy: the leaves and seeds of papaya are helpful in decreasing swelling and pain. The leaves may be warmed and applied on the affected joint pains and the seeds may be crushed and mixed with mustard oil for local massage.
- Papaya leaves and seeds are useful in treating intestinal worms.
- Papaya contains papain, the protein that is a digestive enzyme and assists in the process of natural digestion.
- Papaya can be had as regular consumption and it will help in solving the colon infections problem.
- The papaya skin is excellent in curing skin wounds.
- Papaya is high in nutritive value and low in calories, thus an excellent food for people on a diet.
- Consuming papaya regularly helps in relieving nausea and morning sickness.
- Papaya has anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory properties. This anti-inflammatory property helps in reducing pain for people suffering from arthritis, osteoporosis, and edema.
- Papaya is exceptionally good for people who frequently suffer from a cough, cold or flu. This is because papaya promotes the immune system. Vitamin a and c in high concentration is beneficial to promote the immune system.
- Papaya is the best for good hair and equally helps in controlling dandruff. In fact, even the papaya shampoos are exceptionally good for hair and are easily obtainable in many stores.
- Raw papaya reduces menstrual irregularities and helps women. Papaya eases the condition in women by promoting natural flow during the cycle of menstruation.
- Papaya cleans your stomach and if papaya is eaten alone for 3 to 4 days, it has a beneficial tonic effect on the intestines and stomach.
I take medicine during my period time to overcome my stomach pain so I wanted to know is taking medicine during period is safe or not for future during pregnancy.
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
4. Avoiding Unhealthy Food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.
Taking any type of medicine during my period leads to less flow. Is it normal? Period is very regular n comes on exact the same expected date every month. I am 28 & on medication of dytor plus and cardivas 6.250. Kindly elaborate the reason behind it. N it's consequences on pregnancy.
I love to have sex with my gf without using condom but she scared about pregnancy. What should I do.
How much alcohol can you safely drink every day? Moderate, say the experts. Alcohol abuse has serious health downsizes, but moderate drinking can actually be good for your heart. Moderate alcohol use has a few other health benefits too. Let’s see what these are.
- Reduces risk of developing and dying from heart disease
- Reduces your risk of ischemic stroke during which the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing reduction of blood flow to your brain
- Reduces your risk of diabetes
The link between alcohol and health is tenuous at best and the health benefits of moderate drinking are by no means certain. Also every one may not benefit from alcohol. Moderate alcohol use - Guidelines
One drink a day is considered moderate for healthy women of any age and men older than 65, and up to two drinks a day for men younger than 65. This alcoholic drink can be:
- Beer: 12 ounces
- Wine: 5 ounces
- Distilled spirits : 1.5 ounces
Moderate alcohol use can be counter-productive for you, if you have risk factors for heart disease. It’s always better to take care to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat a heart-healthy diet to reduce your heart attack risks.
Risks of heavy alcohol use
We know about the definition of moderate drinking, but what’s heavy drinking? It is defined as more than three drinks a day for women and men older than 65 (or more than seven drinks a week), and more than four drinks a day for men less than 65 (or more than 14 drinks a week).
Binge drinking is even worse. If you drink four or more drinks within two hours as a woman and five or more drinks within two hours as a man, it is referred to as binge drinking. Heavy drinking, including binge drinking, can increase your risk of serious health problems, like:
- Cancer, including breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat and esophagus
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Sudden death due to pre-existing cardiovascular disease
- Alcoholic myopathy or damage to heart muscle, which causes heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Brain damage in fetuses
It’s best to ditch alcohol altogether. It is the healthiest thing you could ever do. The guidelines make it very clear that you shouldn’t start drinking alcohol, albeit moderately, to make your heart healthy. The best way to have a healthy heart is to eat and exercise right. However, if you are an occasional drinker, you could make sure that your alcohol intake is within limits and you drink moderately at all times so that you don’t attract any health penalties associated with heavy alcohol use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am planning a baby. Have gone through normal medical check up and all reports are fine. Just want to know which position is best to conceive. My partner ejaculates early. Normally after 20 25 strokes. Is this have a connection with pregnancy. On what days I should have sex to get pregnant. I have been advised fertisure - f tablet. Why its been advised.
Hi my friend manognya has 4 years of sexual attachment with her boyfriend. Recently they were breakup. Her parents arranged a NRI match to her. Her marriage is in this year august. She is feeling very fear to marry her husband because she is not virgin. Now what she has to do give me any solution to set her life.
I want to conceive Thz month they will be any chances of getting pregnancy if we have intercourse bcz my bleeding very light nd 2 and 1/2 days suggest me.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.