Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita SalviYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old working suffering from thyroid and PCOD. Except thyroxine 50 mg. I am taking any kind of medicine. Please advise if I should start taking AMway's nutrilite daily or woman revital. Which one is better?
I'm 17 female. I n my bf had some intercourse it has been almost 3 weeks now there is a little discharge of some fluid is it is a sign of periods? Oranotherthing? My menstrual cycle date is also ahead so is it a sign of this or pregnancy? We had intercourse after he had ejaculatedin washroom for 2 types and later he just inserted and removed so what might be the chances of pregnancy and what is the reason for this discharge?
This obgyn question. I've had an copper iud inserted for emergency contraception 2 weeks ago. I had no bleeding or cramping afterward. A week after, I got moderate amounts of blood clots with no bleeding for 3 days. This has turned into light bleeding with blood clots. I have not had my normal period or th expected heavy one. My periods are always very heavy anyways. My period is now late one day. Is this normal after getting an iud? I was told I'd get my period on time. My fear is this is a miscarriage or something is wrong. Period at expected time.
What are the very early signs of pregnancy. The date for mensuration cycle has been missed. It was on 10 but still not. Had taken I pill few days before. Am I pregnant. At dis stage dnt want son/daughter? Any thing possible pls suggest.
Hi Doctor, My wife period comes after 5 months. She is entering in menopause. She is 45 years old. My questions is, can we sex without condom ya peals? Is now chance for pregnancy?
I am 20 years old girl. I am concerned about my menstruation as they got delayed by 20 days. Maybe this happened due to malaria medications which I took for about a week for minor malaria. I am not sexually active. Please help me to get my periods as soon ae possible.
Penis mai mere dryness hogaya hai sex k baad wife ko itching white, discharge or urine mai jalan ki problem hojata hai Dr. Ko dikaya dawai di likh k wife k liye or mere liye cream diya (alovera ya vensuia) wife ko baar baar ye problem hoti hai permanent solution dijiye please.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.