Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vinita KhanduriYour feedback matters!
What is depression. What's are symptoms. What's is cause .how it is possible I can save to depression.
My brother inlaw's child is have some thing odd behavior because he thought about study and not want to study please help?
There was a fight between me and one of friend, he is a year older than, unexpectedly while we were arguing he just gave me sock on the left side of my brain which created a loud sound and I couldn't do pay him for that, since then I just get memorized of his angry face, feeling depressed, and I think I am having some problem due to that.
My wife's suffering from severe headaches frequently but it's not there all the time. But when she's having this headache (in the back-head & forehead) she loses her temper quite easily & screams for even small mistakes. Any resolution?
I have cold and cough problem from birth and I am 21 years old and when I go out in pollution and cold and cough starts what the reason and how it will cure and I want to go inair force so it will effect my goal I studying as an engineer.
Hey doc my problem is that my father expire in 2013 but now days I feel very low and depressed sometime I get head pain on one side sometimes left side sometime right side mood swings happened alot feel like am die from inside I don't know what happing with me and am not living with my family anymore because of some family problem.
How much days married couples leave saparetogaither. With out sex ofter a baby. Should women's controls their sex more then men? How is men's control with out their wife's mentally. Is it possible?
My brothers mental condition is not stable. He changes his mind for every minute. Childish thinking. What is the best treatment for his behavior?
In 10th class my percentage is 87%, in intermediate my percentage is 85%, in b. Tech I failed subjects. So please give me some tips to gain interest. And what food items gives more interest?
I am suffering from a disorders like I am unable to concentrate on any work. I always think about my girlfriend. I thought she is cheating on me.
What could be the best remedy for stress and depression? I am a student and I am diagnosed with depression but I don't want to depend on medicines.
RESPECTED MAM/SIR, My age is 26 years, single. I am preparing for competitive examinations. I prepare for exams at home. Sometimes worst feelings are comes and heart ache happens. At that time I can't able to study well. My whole day got wasted which is not good for my exams. I don't spent time with my friends because they are not with me, they all are busy. I never smoke, drink or eat anything which is harmful for body. I do remember god when this happens to me but still I fail to overcome this situation. And this sometimes lead me to depression because if I lost another day because of these unwanted feelings. I am very simple guy even I don't made girlfriend because I don't have time for stuff like this. I have bigger goals in my life. Now tell me what should I do to overcome these feelings? Is there any medicine? I feel very bad if I failed to achieve the little goal (usually I divided syllabus per day) because of these bad feelings. Thanks and regard.
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.