Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit PandhiYour feedback matters!
On 26 -12-2016 at 2 pm my tooth was extracted. How many hours I should not smoke after tooth extraction.in how many hours can I smoke and can I drink whiskey with soda please reply.
I am facing short term memory loss. Example. Sometime when there are two thread of discussion I forget the first one. When meet someone yesterday I used to forget their name next day. I am 42 male with 12 years of diabetic history and 3 months of BP. BP and Sugar in control. My triglyceride is usually high around 260-400. My wt is 98 kgs. Height 5.6. Also have bad breadth problem for 12 years. My teeth and gum is normal but smell cum from side gums. My side teeth are very dense. Dental hygiene is normal but smell come from beneath gums. Normal scaling does not help. Other issue. Lack of concentration and stress. I take glycomate gp-1 forte twice daily and Telma H in morning.
Dear Sir/ Madam, What is the diagonisis for saliva (liquid in the mouth ) and the required medicine for the same for mentally retarded human beings age more than 18 years old please With Best Regards
Peg laterals, mandibular anterior crowding,and deep bite,lower right premolar rotated. Suggest me best treatment plan. How much time it take?
My friends jaw bone is big is there any method to reduce or improve the shape of face so that face looks better.
Hi For the past two days am suffering from something worse small ulcer like white dots are forming inside left throat I can't eat ,water is the only this I can consume am tired and I can not bear this anymore I consulted a doctor they said it was due to the deficiency of vitamin b They prescribed me with vitamin b capsules I think that in't gonna work out Please help me doctor please I really want to eat something now it's the 3 day #pleasehelpme.
My friend is 22 year old. He has bleeding problem from gum since 3 months. What precaution should I take?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
A common man follows a standard daily oral hygiene routine, which entails brushing one’s teeth and rinsing one’s mouth. At the most, some people who are extra conscious about their oral hygiene use dental floss or some branded mouthwash for the fresh feeling. But, the question remains, is it enough?
From the time you wake up till the time you go back to sleep, your mouth is susceptible to a large amount of attacks from bacteria, which enter your body through your mouth. This results in unwanted and harmful dental diseases. This can happen in spite of the fact that people regularly and religiously follow their daily oral hygiene as well as their trips to the dentist for regular clean-ups. So what is that extra something that can help get rid of the bacteria trying to take permanent residence in your mouth?
Oil pulling is an ancient and traditional Ayurvedic technique which is your best bet to detoxify your mouth from that pesky bacterium along with whitening and cleaning of your teeth. It is also a proven cure for innumerable diseases like skin infections, arthritis, liver and stomach problems, curing headaches and migraines, throat infections etc. Any type of edible oil can be used for this highly beneficial Ayurvedic technique.
Following are a set of instructions for the process of how oil pulling is done:
- Oil pulling process should be conducted immediately after waking up before eating or drinking anything.
- Choose edible oil like sesame, coconut or olive oil for this purpose.
- Take not more than 2 tablespoons of oil in the mouth and swish it i.e. is move it around the mouth for at least 20 minutes moving it throughout the mouth and along the gums and in between the teeth also.
- Avoid decreasing the time limit for swishing the oil in the mouth. By decreasing the time you might not be able to completely detoxify your mouth and by increasing the time the risks of absorbing the toxins back in the mouth and stomach are high. To know when the time is right to stop swishing the oil in your mouth, you can out a little oil from your mouth. If the oil has thinned and turned white or milky then it is time to spit out the rest of the oil from your mouth.
- After spitting out the oil, rinse and gargle your mouth with warm water and use a tongue cleaner to remove all residue of the oil.
Repeat this process everyday for satisfying results.
Benefits of oil pulling:
- The main cause of bad breath in your mouth is tooth decay which is caused by a bacterium which is called Streptococcus mutans bacteria. Oil pulling is an attested form of Ayurvedic technique which gets rid of this bacterium from your mouth permanently.
- Teeth and gum related diseases like gingivitis and periodontists are also cured.
- It helps to reduce in dental cavities.
- Oil pulling invigorates the lymphatic system by depleting the toxins in the vital organs of the body.
- Helps in getting whiter and brighter teeth.
While oil pulling is a very involved technique, a quicker way to adopt Ayurveda on a daily basis is the use of tooth powder. Tooth powder is an Ayurvedic replacement to toothpaste without the harmful chemicals (especially fluoride) that go into our daily minty and frothy brushing experience. It has proven to be much more effective than tooth paste in getting rid of yellowness of teeth, gingivitis and bleeding gums.
How to keep your mouth clean and maintain good oral health?
Hello friends I am doctor Sahil Singh. I am a general dentist practicing in DLF Phase 4, Super Mart 1 Gurgaon. Today I will tell you how to keep your mouth clean or how to keep a good oral health. Well everything starts with a healthy lifestyle.
1. We can start with a healthy diet. A diet should contain each and every part which is necessary, be it carbohydrate, be it fat, be it protein and yes most important part is roughage or the fiber. Roughage includes your salads your fruits, roughage helps you clean your teeth and your intestine both. So it has a dual effect, your teeth will be clean your intestine will be clean and overall health will improve.
2. Cleaning of your teeth. Cleaning your teeth refers to brushing, rinsing, using a mouthwash, flossing. We will start with brushing; brushing maximum two times a day which you can do. But the whole day you are eating, drinking something, snacking or whatever. At that time what you can do? At that time it is very important to clean your mouth by rinsing vigorously. You can also use a clean finger to rub against your teeth and the gums, which will massage the gums also, improve the blood circulation of the gums and yes it will remove the plaque or the food debris also. Secondly use of mouthwash, mouthwash should be used after breakfast or after your first meal. It should not be used after just brushing.
Brushing has already cleaned your teeth, so why mouthwash again? But yes the function of mouthwash starts after your first meal or after your breakfast. After having your breakfast you clean your mouth with clean water vigorously then use a mouthwash. Swish it around in the mouth for a minute then spit it out. After spitting the mouthwash do not rinse with water again, or do not eat anything for at least half an hour to 45 minutes.
3. Flossing. Flossing seems to be a difficult part and there are so many myths about it that it hurts your gums or it can damage your gums, but if it is done properly or a dentist can tell you how to do it, it is of great help. Because brushing cannot easily or completely remove whatever is stuck between the teeth and with age the use of flossing is very much necessary. Flossing helps you clean the interdental or the space between the two teeth, the food debris which is stuck between the two teeth can be easily removed with the help of flossing. So it keeps your mouth healthy, improves your gums health. Secondly nowadays apart from the thread or the nylon floss we have water flosses. Water flosses are for those people who don’t want to put more stress with their hands so they can use a water floss, it has a very strong jet of water which comes through a flosser and it will clean your mouth properly.
4. Professional Cleaner. This is something a dentist can only do. You should visit your dentist so that even if there is a problem we can detect it early or even if cleaning is required, at times because of the crowding or maligning teeth there are deposits which are initially food deposits then it becomes calculus which is hard deposit and only a dentist can clean . So cleaning is a very important aspect for maintaining a good oral hygiene. If not cleaning and if there is food debris in mouth it will start with so many diseases. Firstly the gum disease, you can have weak gums, you can have bleeding gums. Secondly you can have cavities; Thirdly you can have a bad odour or a bad breath which we call as halitosis.
So the start of any problem is the food debris which is present in the mouth which you have not cleaned or which you didn't get cleaned with a dentist. Friends if you need any other help consultation or treatment you can reach me at Lybrate.com.