Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay RaoYour feedback matters!
Jab mera body main blood pressure low ya high ho. Tab kya karna chahiye normal blood pressure hoga. Is bare mein boliye.
I am suffering from dry cough and chest pain Including high fever and left hand is paining so much because of fever can you please help me.
My dad is 56 now, having High blood pressure for last 18 years. But he maintains good diet and maintains Blood pressure too by using NEBICARD SM and OLMETOR 20mg tablets, some time the BP levels will be like 130/65 like that is it suggestible to use both tablets or else can discontinue?
Sir, I am getting pain in right side of the chest from yesterday (15.06.16) by 6 pm. I took medicine from medical store but not feel relief well. Please advice me.
After taking lipid profile test even for minimum increase doc has suggested medicine of small dose for me but my friend having cholesterol on higher side he says for selling anti cholesterol drug medical companies are doing some magic .is it true.
I am over weight 10 kg, My age is 37 years after birth child I gained weight did diet and all I start lose my hair. Lots of vitamin problem becomes low. Self panic attack patients with bp low but pulse get high. little anemia is there calcium low Dr. has give me treatment not working please do suggest me.
I am suffering with chest pain pain (gas problem. And the pajn is repeating for every 15 days. I undergone ultrasound scanning abdomen and ghe report js normal. I am using pantop 40 mg. But from 1 mnth there is no pain .can you please suggest your opinion.
Hellow doctor, I am 38 years old, height - 5.10, weight - 78kg. My blood pressure is 160/110 from 1st time checked on 11.05. 15. Till today (i. E. 18.05. 15) blood pressure is remain same 160/110. I am not feeling any problem, some how I am feeling a little pain in my foot.Please suggest doctor, what have to do. Am I on risk?
I m 36 year old male. My bp always show high (140/180) but I never feel any problem. Of course I feel tired when I do some labour or walk fast. I am in office job. I have been a light smoker but now I have left it. I want to know am I suffering from any disease. Two month ago my cholesterol was tasted normal.
In my blood tests, it shows that I have 21000 TLC, gran 88% and lym 8%.symptoms are little pain in chest sometimes, headache, weakness, whole body is hot etc What does it indicate. I am taking medicine from hospital. And what type of diet I should take and suggest necessary conditions.
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) should not be confused with stroke or heart failure. It is the condition which causes major damage to heart muscles because of sudden blockage by a blood clot. The most common symptom of heart attack happens to be chest pain. Heart failure and ventricular fibrillation are probably the most common complications in this condition.
Clear symptoms of heart attack are:
1. Feeling vaguely ill - very vague feeling of illness is one symptom. You cannot really put your finger on what is wrong with you, but you do feel unwell.
2. Pain in left arm - pain in the arm, mainly the left arm is also one of the symptoms of an impending heart attack.
3. Sweating and heartburn - a lot of people have reported experiencing sweating, indigestion and heartburn before a heart attack. If you are sweating profusely and without any particular reasons, or having an unbearable heartburn, consult a medical specialist immediately.
4. Chest pain - feeling of fullness or tightness in the chest followed by pain is also a symptom of a heart attack. A lot of people have reported to ignore it; kindly don't.
5. Breathlessness - sudden shortness of breath and inability to do a lot of work at one point of time is not a good thing. This could be an indication of a heart attack.
6. Silent attack - the scariest of all is silent heart attack. At times, it comes with no symptoms at all. A person could be visibly physically fit, and suddenly have an attack. This usually happens with those who are suffering from diabetes mellitus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My father is 92 years old. He his ldl cholestrol is 130.22 and hdl 60.38. Can we give him storvas 20. He is taking one amlovas h daily. Bpis ok.
Vascular disorders are disorders of the vessels in your body that carry either blood or waste products. The vascular system consists of the arteries (that carry blood away from the heart), veins (that carry blood to the heart) and lymph vessels (that carry waste products to be excreted from the body). The various diseases of the vascular or circulatory system are:
- Peripheral Artery Disease: Peripheral arteries carry blood to the various organs and tissues in the body. Accumulation of cholesterol and fat in the vessels narrow the pathway for the blood to flow. This can impair blood flow to the tissues in the body and cause complications. Various medications used to lower cholesterol and blood pressure can also be used for peripheral artery disease.
- Buerger's Disease: This disease causes obstructions in the veins and arteries in the legs. This can hamper blood supply in the toes and the feet. It causes pain and may require amputation in severe cases. Treatments for this disease include smoking cessation and medications to dilute blood vessels.
- Aneurysm: An aneurysm is swelling in the blood vessel walls; it usually occurs in the aorta. The artery walls become fragile and are placed under a lot of stress; this may lead to a sudden rupture of the aortic vessels. This disorder is usually treated by surgical procedures.
- Peripheral Venous Disease: Peripheral venous disease is characterized by damage to the valves that allows blood to flow in a single direction. Damaged valves can cause blood to flow backwards and therefore, accumulate. Treatments for this disorder are incorporating certain lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking and alcohol.
- Blood clots in the veins: Blood clots may occur in the veins present inside the muscles of the thighs and lower legs which lead to deep vein thrombosis. You may be prescribed anti-coagulants, also known as blood thinners, to treat this disorder.
People with diseases such diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney failure can be more likely to have vessel problems. Working with vibrating tools, being in cold temperatures, and smoking can worsen vascular problems. Causes of vascular disorders usually fit into one of 5 groups:
- Traumatic, which occur after injury
- Compressive, which occur when the pipes flatten
- Occlusive, which occur when pipes are blocked
- Tumors (growths) or malformations (deformed, tangled pipes), which may or may not be present at birth
- Vessel spasms, which occur when abnormal control of vessels causes them to narrow
Symptoms of vascular disorders can include:
- Abnormal color changes in the fingertips
- Ulcers or wounds that do not heal
- Hand problems when in cold temperatures or locations
- Numbness or tingling of the fingertips
- Cool or cold fingers and/or hands
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My father is 74 years old and was diagnosed with acute stroke - RT thalamic Infarct, HTN, Hyperhomocysteine. He has complained of feeling akin to pin and needles in his left hand, there was swelling on his left cheek. He is all right now but what I would like to know a) though the Dr. has informed that it was a very mild stroke but at any time were there any chances of paralytic attack b) What is Cognistar 60 mg (IV) injection used for, Dr. has advised my father to get these injections once a day for five days, which we have done - but what I would like to know what are they used for I just wanted a second opinion.
I lost my uncle before last 3 months ago with heart attack. Then after I'm depress with same problem do I will affect, if some one talks abt any problems like this I again get into depress. Please help for this problem.
Omega 3 pills
If you have a heart disease, high cholesterol or a family history of heart problems, then you need to increase your intake of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
These healthy fatty acids help lower triglycerides (fats in the blood) and prevent angina. Plus, due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, omega-3 fats have a profound effect on heart health.