Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay Prasad
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay PrasadYour feedback matters!
How we improve our eye vision. Myopic eye and how we increase our height my age is 18 can I increase our height.
My father is suffering from glaucoma since 5 to 6 years. He has done his treatment from many different states. Still the doctors has prescribed him that his right eye will never get cured. Now he is been taking some eye drops but he tells that his left eye is too been diagnosed with the disease slowly. He has done around two to three minor operation to his right eye for not getting involved his left eye but still little problem of the left eye is been getting involved to the disease. His right eye has the glaucoma problem. Is there any cure for it?
I am 16 years old. I have pain at my right side of back. I am suffering for 1 years. I feel this pain when I sit on chair for long (ie. In school) and if I down my neck, the pain increases.
My eye sight is increases. And I am spending more time with my laptop. Is there any problem with that. I want to remove my spectacles with out any operation. Suggest me what to do.
Hello doctors, Every morning when I wake up my eyes are Tumescence and this is happen till last 10 Days I don't know why? But it happen. One more thing I massage my face using ice cube daily. Obviously I put ice cube in my eyes for some mint using a cotton rumal not direct. Can it was a reason for it? Because jbse maine ye use kia h tbse hi ho rha h ye. Or fr m roj subh 2 spoon ko fridge m rkh k 15-20 bd usko eyes k niche lgata hu.
I am 18 years old male. For the last two days I am suffering from eye pinkish swollen with watery eyes please help me for that.
Whenever I watch Tv Or indulge in mobile phones after sometime my head pains and eyes start become heavy .but I can see everything clearly no eyesight issue only headache and eye problem what should I do for it ?Is It A major issue.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!