Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dear sir/ mam I am kidney patient I found excess wbc ,neuro ,lymph, rdw-cv ,pct and esr in my reports what can I do?
I am having stomachache due to renal stone. what to do? To take care of that pain I am taking lot of medicine.
Hello Sir Am Gaurav My Problem Is My Kidney in Two Small. Stone am Drinking More Water or Trying Ayurveda please Tell My Kidney Stone Exit on Ayurveda or Not Please respond Shortly.
I am having tight and hard feeling in anus and pinching pain and cold sensation around penis, groin and inner thighs. Blood n urine test r normal. Doctor advised me 10 days doxycycline 100 mg which I have taken for 8 days but not much improvement. Please help.
I am feeling to urinate frequently and after doing that still i am not satisfied.Many tims i feel a lot of pain in urinating. Always there is a pain. Also i am feelin pain in left side of stomach in reguler interval.
I am 65 year old and Creatinine is now 2.68 what I do now please tell me about my daily diet chart and proper suggestions.
A kidney stone may not be as big as the stones in your garden, but can be quite a pain. Kidney stones are actually mineral crystals that are usually a combination of calcium and phosphates. The size of a kidney stone ranges from the size of a sugar crystal to a ping pong ball.
Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
- Pain relievers - There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Drinking water - Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Medical therapy - In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Surgical removal of kidney stones Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Using sound waves to break up stones In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.