Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar DhirYour feedback matters!
Doctor actually day by day I am loosing my body fat because of that I started loosing my health , I am a lean person but I want to increase my fat my muscles and anything which I eat , most of the times my stomach not able to consume that because of that stomach pain starts, so that is basically my issue.
My weight is decreasing day by day, I had some problem in stomach. Sometimes I drink two glass of milk after that I have to go loo. Suffering this from long time but goes in vain as well as I consult to doctor many times at that time they prescribed me and I go with it but after sometime situation is same. Suggest me?
I suffer from constipation. latrine not clear. Mucous releases with latrine. Go to bathroom 3-4 times. Abdominal pain. Gas occurs.
I am 62 male. Last few days I have acidity & vat problem. I tried aliphatic medicine. But no use. Please suggest ayurved medicine. Thanks.
Hello Dr. m married from 10 years I have one baby boy 8 years old after six months of my delivery I got pregnant again and I had an abortion by pills which was suggested by my same gynae Dr. Now after 8 years I had my 2 abortion on 19 December 2015 by dnc because it's 2 months of pregnancy I consult many drs they suggest me dnc only. From March onwards my tummy N thigh area slightly increased and from may month m suffering from severe gas N constipation problem. What should I do now pls suggest I am so tensed. Before my dnc m fit N slim now I become lazy N sick. I go for walk daily in morning for 1 hour but my tummy N thigh is same as it is not large but not ok. My gas problem is getting severe day by day. Is dnc is the reason for my increased tummy N thighs or gas N constipation. I can't understand what is happening with me. Pls help N suggest me what kind of food and lifestyle should I follow to become slim n active again. Pls help thanks and regards.
Sir Namaste, I am 48 years old height 168 cm weight 70 kg, I could not feel hungry, I have gastric. Please advise.
My father had hemorrhoid surgery 45 days ago, since then he had pain and blood in stool. He was given various antibiotics and laxatives, sitz bath etc but they were not helping much. Finally someone recommended movicol. Since then his stool is soft and pain has reduced a bit but still it feels painful after bowel movements and while sitting etc. Also there is bleeding while bowel movements. His surgeon, after colonoscopy said since he had 5-6 nodes, both internal and external, so it is taking longer to heal after surgery. He recommended self dilation with size 4,5 and eventually 6 for a month so that anal canal looses out and stool does not rub much with walls, giving it time to heal. I want to know does dilation really help? He fear it would make scar bleed more due to forced stretching? Also how to get rid of pain, blood etc. He thinks initial part of his stool is hard which rubs off his anal walls, thus causing bleeding. Movicol makes rest of the stool soft but not initial part. My questions: 1: does filation help in increasing anal canal size or it makes wound worse? 2: how to make initial part of stool soft? 3: how to get rid of pain and bleeding? How long does it usually take in such cases? My dad is always sad and depressed due to this. Please help. Thanks.
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
Hello doctor, I'm 25 years old. I have pain for my stomach at left side. Its so painful. That problem occur for 3 days. Yesterday I consulted one general doctor. Its said take one ultrascan will tell the problem. So I take the scan. Next see the scan report he said your stomach inside affected in intestine ulcer. So only keep in liquid foods and juice. But I'm not satisfied so I consult intestine specialist. That doctor see my report and stomach and told 3 days stomach ache not a ulcer so I think motion problem. I need only liquid food same to ask. But my left side abdomen pain is same. But little bit decrease. Pain is not fully clear so please help me doctors.
I'm 20 years old, since weeks I noticed I had a mild pain at anus when excrete, But now I saw blood on closet for a 2 days and I think there's a tear on the anus I referred internet I think its related ANAL FISSURE .from then I don't give much stress on excretion so, feel no pain ,no blood loss, If yu understood what I meant, please give an opinion/solutions.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped, a sac-like structure that is located in the upper-right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- Eating diet that’s low in fiber
- Having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of the gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol. But this can take months or years to remove stones from the bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual meal times each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.