Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar DhirYour feedback matters!
I have problem of fatty liver. My ldl cholesterol is slightly more than normal level. Should I take any medicine or control it by restricted diet.
I have been diagnosed with right ovarian cyst,fatty liver and right renal simple cyst. Right ovary cyst measuring 51x24 this is the scan report of today.what to do
Hello doctor I just want to ask some homemade remedy for acidity as I'm facing gastric problem also.
I am 32 years old lady. From last 7 years I am suffering from acidity, gastric n some times not always constipation problem. 7 years before I got operated On gall bladder stones problem. After that still Im suffering from acidity problem. Please suggest me what kind of diet I'll take n suggest few exercises to remove gastric irritation from my stomach.
I have Gastric problem from childhood. And doctor said avoid milk. But I want to drink milk. What will I do ?
I faced a lot of gas problem, indigestion & a little watery stool since one years after regular interval of times. Doctor prescribed me antibiotics & pro biotic tablets but its ok in the period of taking medicine. So what medicine can I use for cure.
Solution for digestion problem. Early morning after eating breakfast .I felt like motion in my body.
I have too much of itching in my anus, especially after I pass out stool in the morning, motion is always clear, no constipation etc, I am a vegetarian, I do put for relief quadriderm ointment but no significant relief.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.