Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My right eye focus on a near object changes and eye ball moves and I see two objects at a time with my choice on whom to focus.
I am 19 years old and my eyesight is going to weak very fast, in last 6 months it goes to -3.5 from 3 for rt. Eye and -2.5 from 1.75 for left. What should I do?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
We have been reading and listening the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles, having tea in plastic cups and heating the food in plastic containers in microwave oven. Can somebody please tell which utensils we should use for microwaves, we usually have only plastic lunchboxes for office lunch and plastic containers at home. Also please suggest which bottles we should use for consumption of water which can be stored in fridges as well.
5 myths about eye health and the real facts behind them
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. However, there are a number of myths regarding what you should do and what you shouldn't do when it comes to maintaining good eye health.
Here are 5 of those myths busted:
Myth #1: reading in dim light and sitting too close to the tv hurts your eyes
Fact: sitting too close to the tv, you may feel eye strain or get a headache from reading in the dark, but it will not weaken your eyes. It fatigues your eyes but does not harm your eye health in any way.
Myth #2: eating carrots will improve your vision
Fact: carrots are rich in vitamin a, a nutrient essential for good vision. But eating carrots will only provide a small amount of vitamin a. To get the optimum amount, you need to include other sources of vitamin a in your diet as well, some of which are milk, cheese, egg yolk and liver. Spinach is best for eye health. It has lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which can help prevent cataracts.
Myth #3: if you wear glasses or contacts for a continuous period, your eyes will weaken
Fact: your eyes will not grow weaker by using corrective lenses. The prescription may change over time due to aging or absence of disease but it has nothing to do with your current prescription. Some children have correctable eye problems that do require glasses to improve the condition.
Myth #4: when you get something in your eye, rub it out
Fact: this is not true for everything that gets in your eyes. If any particle falls in your eyes dust it off. But if it is sand and small debris that gets in your eye, don't touch it. Use an eye wash for flushing it out. If an object gets stuck in your eye, don't remove it or rub your eye constantly. Visit a doctor at the earliest because some serious injuries may seem minor at first.
Myth #5: dark sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun
Fact: the color of sunglass does not ensure eye protection. Look for sunglasses that block both uva and UVB rays. Exposure to the UV-rays of sunlight can have cumulative effects on your eyes. It increases your risk for cataracts, solar retinitis, and age-related vision loss. Even if your contacts have UV protection, wear sunglasses that block 100% of uva and UVB rays for full protection.
Related Tip: Here's What CRYING Does to Your Body
Dr. I am 26 year male, I found that my shoulder at back position getting slightly bend towards front and it shows old man it's still continue 4 to 6 year before 2 years my friends told me that you are like question mark symbol later I din get there words to hear but now a days too many people's are laughing and smiling me that of my health condition and I have fatty belly at front of my stomach so only I bend like this I don't know and I wearing eye sight glass from 2005 ie about still 11 year is it has made me an problem like this I don't know, and my height is 5.2" inch weight 59kg so small and too week condition when other seeing me they told me as like that, how can I get back as normal then how too get permanent solution, and I want to increase my height, weight also what can I do for this? Daily I am depressed my self too, Please please reply me as soon as Dr. Help me.
I had LASIK done in August. My number was -5.25 in both eyes with -0.50 cylindrical number. I can see everything clearly however -0.25 has remaining in both eyes. Just a bit of worry, can this number increase with time. I'm presently 27 yrs old living in Mumbai. Should I take any eye drops to stable this number or will it remain constant till atleast 45yrs?
Hello Doctor! I'm 21yr. I've eye problem. I can't stay focused on books or laptop due to pain and tears which comes in my eyes only after 10 or 15 mis. Pls help me. Thank you!
My Eyes are paining since last 3 days,Due to that I got a headache also.My daily schedule is: Working on Computer for around 8 hours 20-25 Cigarettes per day Food-Breakfast and Dinner Living- Alone Stress Level:Medium Sleep:Around 7 Hours Please suggest is it due to stress or smoking or working on computer.How can I get rid of this pain.
Eye problem. White particles like dandruff ruined my eyes. Causes weakness and continous flow of tears.
Why Some Of The Persons Got Small Eyes Like cheese Have Small Eyes, What Is The The Logic Behind This.
My vision becomes blurry after some time while I was using Mobile or reading the book, and my eyes becomes wet. What is the reason for this and should it be cured.
I am using glass from last two months my eye glass no -3 & -2 is it possible to remove glass permanently.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.