Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vimal ShahYour feedback matters!
I have severe bloating and acidity problems. Loss of appetite. What should be my daily schedule of meal and wake up and exercise and sleep . What kind of home remedy. U will prefer? What should I take in eating.
I am a 60 yr. Male with height 180 cm and weighing 80 kg. I suffer from alcoholic cirrhosis since 2000 and had my gall bladder surgically removed due to stone in 2010. I am genetically disposed to diabetes mellitus but it is generally controlled (80 - 150) with insulin injections and drugs. A gastroenterologist I went to for advice told me after an endoscopy that the veins in my oesophagus were dilated and I would have to undergo banding if I wanted to live. After 4 bandings and endoscopies he now says I have severe fibrosis and that I will have to visit him every 3 months. Now I have doubts that it might be because he has to make more money for the hospital he works in and both the above mentioned procedures cost a lot besides medical tests and medicines. Thus I am in a quandary as to what to do next. Am I being paranoid?
My penis is not erect properly during copulation time. And time duration is very short. I want to my penis work properly and sexual time duration is more.
What are the causes of diseases aids and what precautions should be taken to prevent from this disease.
I have anemia because of this my face looks pale yellow. and loss appetite. Pain in body like back, neck, legs ache. What should I do?
I have severe headache. I think I am getting that when I take head bath. That too I have more over heat in body. What is solution? please tell any doctors. I am suffering very badly.
I feel tired and lack of activeness because of throat pain .and I feel heaviness in my head. Kindly suggest some remedy .
Quite a rarity, Lichen sclerosus is a skin disease, which is typically identified as white, patchy skin that is both sensitive and thinner than the surrounding area. Although it can appear anywhere on the body, it is found to occur predominantly in the skin regions in and around the vulva, the anus and the foreskin of the penis. It is a common occurrence in postmenopausal women.
Mild cases of lichen sclerosus are usually asymptomatic, but moderate to severe cases may have any of the following signs and symptoms:
1. Itching, which may or may not be severe
2. Smooth and sensitive white spots
3. Easy tearing or bruising
4. Pain or discomfort
5. Wrinkled or blotchy patches
6. Painful intercourse
7. Blistering, bleeding or ulcerated lesions in more severe cases
Although there are no known exact causes of lichen sclerosus, here are a few possible causes:
1. An overactive immune system
2. An imbalance of hormones
3. Previous skin damage at a particular site making it tender and sensitive
A number of problems may arise from the skin disease, if left untreated. Here are a few complications:
1. Skin cancer may develop, but then again, this is a very rare occurrence
2. Lichen sclerosus on the vulva can lead to the development of vulvar cancer.
3. Sexual intercourse can get extremely painful for women in severe cases, due to intensive scratching and scarring
4. Can cause thinning and tightening of the foreskin of uncircumcised men. This can be troublesome during erections or when urinating.
If the symptoms do not show or if your genital area is not badly affected, then you may not necessarily need treatment. However, if symptoms begin to appear, you should probably consult a doctor for treatment. Treatment can help decrease scarring and itching, as well as improve your skin's appearance.
Corticosteroid ointments and creams are the most common form of treatment. Apart from this form of treatment, you should consult your doctor may also prescribe the following:
1. Immune-modulating medications
2. Ultraviolet light treatment
3. Topical sex hormones
4. Circumcision or removal of the foreskin of the penis
I have a problem of sneezing in morning every day. At once 8-10 times I sneeze. What can I do to prevent?
I am suffering from frequent acidity problems; especially during morning time. What should I do to overcome it?
I have severe allergy problem. Reaccurent cold and asthma problem. I had my IGE test done which is 2107. I use rotacap daily twice. Kindly tell Wht to do.
I am getting small dots on my back. And also itching problem is there for.can you suggest the treatment for the problem.
I am 57 year old and suffering from diabetes type 2 and also having BP and I got an operation of angioplasty in 2012 and I am taking medicines as follows: Zoryl M2 Forte, Teniva 20, Starpress H 50 XL, Deplatt A 75, Consivas 10, Depof 37 But my diabetes is not in control what to do?
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to a doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.