Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram KarmarkarYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 years male I am taking medicine for seizure disorder for the past 15 Years but continuously only for the past 3 years 6 Months. My Neuro consultant told me that I have to take medicine continuously for 3 years I am had took Valparin chrono 500 mg for the past 3 years and after 3 yrs he reduced to 300 mg tablets on my next visit he told me that I have to take medicines again for 3 years I can't understand why he told like that even after 3 years Kindly anyone guide me what is cause for this.
1 month back I got some swelling in my eyelid and had taken eye drops and medicines of anti bacteria consulting doctor. It was got normal after 5 days, but now from past a week that eye was blinking (not visible to others) blinking I can feel. Is any problem of nerves its disturbing me soo from inside (fear of nerve weakness) Only my left eye is like this, right eye is food. My vision from both eyes also good, even from individual the vision is clear for me. Suggest me what to do.
Twitching of face hands and legs and sometimes above eyebrows. Is this a sign of paalytic stroke? please help me. Its happening from last one week.
I am 62 years old having diabetes for the last 15years. I am controlling diabetes by taking insulin and thru balanced diet. Recently I developed numbness in my right hand thumb abd index finger. Kindly advise cure.
A neurologist suggest me for thyroid test. For benign essential tremor. And report shows. TSH 3-UL 5.060 FT3 3.52 FT4 1.36 CAN IT DANGER. Please. Suggest. Any causes or harm shows in report please suggest.
I am 22 years old and have migraine from 3 to 4 years. How is it caused and what precautions should I take care? What medications do you suggest?
Hi! Im 26years. I have a shivering problem. My hands shake at times even I have healthy food. Cloud please suggest me any home remedy. Thanks.
How to be healthy at 62 along with diabetes type 2 ,hyper tension, nerves weakness kindly give me some economical tips thank you
I am a 50 year old male. Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for the last three years. Recently the toes and fingers of my left foot have become numb. Doctors have prescribed vitamin injections. However I am not feeling improvement. Will this be a permanent disability or be cured. My sugar levels are in the range of 170 after food and 150 fasting.
My mother is suffering with pain in head. Symptoms of migraine appears. Please give your perception.
This is regarding my brother in law. He has been experiencing seizures since childhood whenever he has a lack of sleep the previous night. Recently we got his EEG, MRI (FOR EPILEPSY PROTOCOL) and other blood tests done which was referred by Dr., Mumbai. All the tests were normal and the doctor prescribed Valprol CR 200 thrice daily for 2 years and also said that if the medicines are taken on time for the said period then the condition would be cured forever. So could you please confirm me is it true if the medications are taken on time then he would lead a seizure free life forever? Please let me know.
In 2009 I suffered from bells palsy n it took 1 month to get cure. Since 2 days my left eyebrow is twitching and today mild pain started in my left ear is it normal or again major prblm. M worried !
I am 30 (female). I don't know what is my issue called in medical terms but my brain doesn't stop thinking. It thinks continuously even when I am asleep. Due to this I can't get good sleep. I feel sleepless. I have over thinking issues. I have some gynaecological issues and thyroid too. Can't handle pressure and leave jobs frequently. Do I need medicinal help?
What is the symptoms of brain tumor and how can we prevent from this? Can you tell me what can I do?
My sister have put on weight after treatment of migraine (after 2012) and we are said that she has put on the weight due to those medicines of migraine. What can be best way to reduce her weight?
I am 25 year old male and have migraine. I get sever pains at times no medicine helps what can I do?
My brother 45 years old and suffering from Down Syndrome for the past 8 years. Now acute. Any treatment? Any old age home for free treatment?
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.