Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikram Karmarkar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram KarmarkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from trigeminal neuralgia since there years. I'm using tegrital and baclofen as per doctor prescription. But when pain strikes in morning and evening It is hell. Is there any medicine or Something to reduce or remove the pain. Thanks.
I have migraine since 30 years. At the time of pain I am using" Vasograin" tablets. Is there any side effects over usage of the above tablets.
I am 33 female with 5'3" height. But I weigh 68 kilos. I have hypothyroidism and take 50mcg thyronorm. My gall bladder is removed due to gallstone two and half yrs ago. I suffer from migraine and chronic cough and cold since child hood. I had jaundice thrice. Class 3, 9 and 12. I feel drowsy always which hampers my research work. Moreover I do not get enough time to exercise and to take proper low carb diet. In this situation please suggest me doctor how to reduce my weight. Do you recommend slimming pills for me. please help.
Whenever I wake up my right hand becomes totally numb! This is happening to me since a month What should I do?
Diabetic since 8 years. Blood sugar & glycogenated hb within normal limits. On sitagliptin 100mg o d, metformin 1 gm bd, glimipride 2 mg hs, methcobalamin 1500 micro gms od, pregabalin 150 mg od. I have parasthesia of soles of feet & numbness of soles since a wk. Please advise.
Hi, I am getting too much of head ache for left side like pulsating and pain behind the eye to left side head is this migraine or else something? what are the things to do?
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.