Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
I am 30 years old and suffering from regular mouth ulcers. I do not feel any kind of constipation. What should I do.
I'm currently recovering from a viral infection, I had fever and ulcers all around my tonsils and throat. I'm doing much much better but I started smoking again as I stopped for a week since I got ill. I'm taking antihistamines and klacid right now and I was wondering if the smoking can make my state worse or just slow down the recovery? because I heard that klacid is really good and hence was wondering if it will prevent more ulcers from appearing?
My teeth midline has shift my upper centre two teeth are not in middle with the lower they have shifted nd I can not keep my lips closed for long.
I am having tooth pain because I am getting new one. Also facing pyria problem all tooth becomes yellow feeling awkward to show in friend circle.
Hi docs, I am having severe pain in one of my corner teeth. And it is also noted that I do have lil cavity. Any solution that can heal it temporarily because I don't wanna pluck it off and I have also visited a dentist who prescribed better medicines which relieved me from that pain. Kindly suggest me ASAP.
Have a bank job that requires me to have 50% time travelling. But am having a shearing pain in my gums for the past 5 days. Unable to sleep or chew without pain killers. Kindly advice.
I am smoker last 9 years, I am facing changes in my mouth. Refer DP as pic of mouth. Is type of cancer? Is colour is mix of black. Red and little white I think. Please advise me. I am worried.
My teeth got reddish colour due to an accident, I went for bleaching but its not getting effected, can you pls suggest any treatment other than root canal treatment.
I am suffering with bad breath from long time, I consulted dentist and had scaling but even after no cure from bad breath and dentist said that I don't have any tooth problems. Now which specialist should I consult for my bad breath problem? Please suggest me.
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
This can lead to erosion which can lead to sensitivity
How to avoid this as we all need loads of fluids in summers. .
Always try and rinse with water after an aerated drink. . If you cannot rinse , swish and drink some water.
Enjoy summers and take care too.