Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas RathYour feedback matters!
I have got bubble type on my bottom lip from inside mouth its there from one month how to recover from it.
I have teeth problem from 8 days and when I brush teeth that time bleeding occur what can I do tell me.
Meri sister 23 years ki h & uske masure ghish rahe h. Kya problem ho sakti h na remedy. becuase uske teeth weak ho rahe h masure ke galne se? please help me kya kare?
Hi. I am 45 yrs old suffering from severe pain in teeth and sensitive teethes problem. Please suggest remedy.
My sons teeth are yellow and also it does not turn white after frequent brushing, as he was in hospital for dengue he didn't got an opportunity to brush his teeth. Now his teeth are covered with a yellow layer. Is any way to remove the yellowness of teeth without consulting a dentist at home?
Sir I have multiple white dots inside of my mouth on inner walls of cheeks since last 20 days. The size of dots are 0.5 mm or less than this. Please suggest what happened to my mouth. I can send pics on your contacts if required. Thanks sir.
Hello sir, my problem is tooth decay. Its getting yellow. How to solve this problem sir. I need a best answer by which I could get my teeth white. Please hwlp me.
Last year i met with an accident & the lower jaw of my mouth was 85% fractured. The doctor operated & insert a metal plate with the fractured jaw. My problem is now the teeth connected with fractured jaw got weak & create eating problem but no pain in jaw. What should i do so my eating problem be solved?
While brushing your child's teeth give toothpaste of the size of a pea or a fingernail .Excess amount of toothpaste given to your child while brushing will increase the daily intake of fluoride required in the body.Which can be harmful.
I am suffering from ulcers from last 5 days. I have ulcers on my tongue and lower lip. What should I do. I am eating only dal n rice.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health of an individual. Dental health is equally affected with use of tobacco. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe effects like oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue and lips. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains on the teeth do not easily go away with a scaling (Cleaning of teeth), they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria and dryness in the mouth leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (decay around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: Use of tobacco in itself cause bad breath which is exacerbated by dry mouth caused by useof tobacco.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.