Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas MahatmeYour feedback matters!
What could be the causes of dark circles under my eyes. I do not drink I do not smoke I am vegetarian I do sleep for 7 hours regularly. I do not have specs. No number. Fine eyes. Can you help?
It usually take 4 hrs to sleep after going to bed. Most of the time I feel sleepy but as I close my eyes I come across with nightmare and suddenly I woke up. So what should I do to overcome this horror problem?
Can cataract be cured with medicine without getting operated once it is been diagnosed at an early age?
I had tired eyes and dry eyes 4 months back. I showed to an ophthalmologist and he gave me tear drops. The pain dint went and he suggested MRI of the brain . The report was normal. He advised me to stop using the drops. The eyes are less painful and dry. But still the dryness has not gone completely and my eyes pain sometime. The problem is only with right eye. I work on computer and make sure to take breaks . Pls advise.
I want to increase my height & my eyesight I'm wearing the specks & what will be the normal height & weight For health person.
I am 16years old. I have seen black spot in my eyes for last 3 years. What should I have to do? Please tell me.
I am 70 years old male. I have pulling sensation under my right eye and the right eye tends to close especially while reading and working on the computer. This sensation has already started on the left eye.
Hlo, sir and mam, my question is my eyes is weak and I do not see cleanses as thing is keep long distance? please any solution it?
I wear spectacles for around 5 years, but now I hate to wear it and I also do not want lenses. I just want my eyes to be healthy and spectacle free. please help me.
I have eyes now ear problem because I am doing a call centre job so continually when I am saw the screen my eyes getting so dry.
I have an eyesight, bt I want to apply for defense, so can you please inform me how to reduce eyesight or which kind of operation that is required that is not rejected by defense services.
I have red eyes for 5 days because I was going to college for exam and at the road there was lots of dust.
Sir I went to a doctor and she said that. In your eyes there are some folicals what is the meaning of this.
My lasik surgery had done in 2014 and now my medical exam in govt sector where lasik is unfit. So is it still detectable or not. My vision still 6/6. If detectable than which tests may detect that I am lasik candidate. Please answer me about this. It is like do or die case for me.
I have black spots as well pimples on may back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months. Bat did not see any changers. What should I do?
I see blurred vision whenbi work late on laptop. Is this a eye defect or is due to the excessive use of laptop?
My father 64 years old has edima in eyes. He has been through 2 doses of avastin and 3 doses of ozurdex in both left and right eye, still the edema comes back. What could be the reason? he is diabetic but blood sugar levels are very much under control. Protein loss through kidneys have also been tested and no such exists, please advice.
I want to ask you one question answer that my eyesight is decreasing because I use laptop at night continuously for more than 4-5 hours and also suggest me some steps to remove blackheads.
I wear specs of -1.75 diopter is there any natural method to remove spex I want to join defense forces so I want to remove my spex?
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.