Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VikasYour feedback matters!
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What should precaution should be taken during periods for hygiene? Is it safe to use cloth rather than a pad?
Hello doctor my dob is 16/11/1996 and my partner her dob is 05/12/1995. She is elder than me one year. Is it recommended for our marriage. Will there be any issue. After marriage.in sex or anything. And when is suitable age for having kid.
I am 53 yrs old. My periods have not yet stopped. I have been facing a lot of problems for the past 11/2 years. I went for a complete check up and there has not been any problems. The doctor advised me to wait for about six months. Is it okay or should I have to do something else. Please advise.
I had an unprotected sex on 20th feb and then took I pill within 4 hours. After that I had sex few more times but always with the protection. But it's been 2 month now and I am not having my period. I took a home pregnancy test and it showed negative. I am so tensed. Please tell me why I am not getting my period. And am I pregnant? I gained few pounds in this duration. Please reply soon.
I am 24 year old and 8 month pregnant and my hemoglobin level is 10.7, previous month was 9.4 How it is dangerous at pregnancy time and is it compulsory to take blood bottle at this time ? Give me any other suggestions for same.
Millions of cases of dengue infection occur worldwide each year. Dengue fever is most common in southeast asia and the western pacific islands, but the disease has been increasing rapidly in latin america and the caribbean.
Researchers are working on dengue fever vaccines. For now the best prevention is to reduce mosquito habitat in areas where dengue fever is common.
Many people, especially children and teens, may experience no signs or symptoms during a mild case of dengue fever. When symptoms do occur, they usually begin four to 10 days after you are bitten by an infected mosquito. Signs and symptoms of dengue fever most commonly include:
Fever, as high as 106 f (41 c)
Muscle, bone and joint pain
Pain behind your eyes
You might also experience:
Nausea and vomiting
Rarely, minor bleeding from your gums or nose
Most people recover within a week or so. In some cases, symptoms worsen and can become life-threatening. Blood vessels often become damaged and leaky. And the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your bloodstream drops. This can cause:
Bleeding from your nose and mouth
Severe abdominal pain
Bleeding under the skin, which might look like bruising
Problems with your lungs, liver and heart
If you are living or traveling in tropical areas where dengue fever is common, these tips may help reduce your risk of mosquito bites:
Stay in air-conditioned or well-screened housing. It's particularly important to keep mosquitoes out at night.
Reschedule outdoor activities. Avoid being outdoors at dawn, dusk and early evening, when more mosquitoes are out.
Wear protective clothing. When you go into mosquito-infested areas, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks and shoes.
Use mosquito repellent. Permethrin can be applied to your clothing, shoes, camping gear and bed netting. You can also buy clothing made with permethrin already in it. For your skin, use a repellent containing at least a 10 percent concentration of deet.
Reduce mosquito habitat. The mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus typically live in and around houses, breeding in standing water that can collect in such things as used automobile tires. Reduce the breeding habitat to lower mosquito populations.
Hi doctor. My wife is pregnant and in fifth month. Our doctor has recommend duvadilan retard for first six months. Just want to know .is it safe to use this medicine regularly for first six months. Pl. Suggest.
After marrige i was fuck my wife first time that day was her's monthly periods 2nd day her vigina bleed very little blood and blood was fall down on bed sheet. I have one question it was her hymen breaking blood or her period bloood? Please solve this i have confusion?
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!