Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Ampalkar
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas AmpalkarYour feedback matters!
Yesterday onwards! I am feeling a pain in my right breast. Yesterday I have been tailoring for a few hours! Is that might be the problem?
My age is 80 years, I have enlarged prostrate PSA 19, frequency of urination night mostly once about 1 to 2 AM I go to sleep by 10 PM, day time maximum twice or thrice, flow of urine is mostly slow. After urination there is a satisfaction of emptiness of bladder. I take homeopathy medicine Sabal Pentakaran 30 drops daily before going to bed and ADEL 21, 20 drops during the day time. Kindly advise any thing else I should do.
Hello sir, now a days we all fear about cancer. It's really unpleasant term. If chest pain or heart disease is going regularly then is it cause for cancer? Chest pain means cancer? If I don't smoke or drinks.
Is it necessary to go for chemotherapy before I go for bone marrow transplant. I went for chemotherapy around 2 years back but the symptoms of cancer seem to have returned so my doctor advised me to go for a transplant. So I just want to know whether I need to go for chemotherapy again before the transplant or not.
Hello My father in Law was a CA Lung Patient. His treatment started on April 2014. After 4th Chemotherapy with cisplatin and pemetrexed medicine Doctor suggests him to start Oral Medicine Gefitinib on the basis of EGFR Positive Report. After 1 year 3 months i. E. December 2015 again Plural effusion started in lung for that he was suffering with coughing till today 08-02-2016. Doctors have drain out the water inside the lung and suggested three cycle of chemotherapy and changed his medicine and started with 2nd line chemotherapy i. E. Carboplatin 600 mg and Paclitaxel 260 mg. On 11-01-2016 and second cycle on 01-02-2016. His third cycle will be on 22-02-2016. He yet not reduced his weight and appetite. Only frequent coughing is creating problem at night also. He has taken all kind of medicines and antibiotics whenever Doctors prescribed but still its not cured. Please suggest some remedies.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.type diabetes
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix grow out of control. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervical Cancer is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time. An infection may go away on its own. But sometimes it can lead to cervical cancer. That's why it's important for women to have regular screening. A screening can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, such as bleeding between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
- Persistent abnormal discharge.
Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent, with regular screening tests and follow-up. Two screening tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early:
- The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
- The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes.
When to Get Screened
You should start getting regular Pap tests at age 21. The Pap test, which screens for cervical cancer, is one of the most reliable and effective cancer screening tests available. The Pap test is the best way to find cervical cell changes that can lead to cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests almost always show these cell changes before they turn into cancer. It's important to follow up with your doctor after any abnormal Pap test result so you can treat abnormal cell changes. This may help prevent cervical cancer.
In spite of being a fatal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that deal with this problem effectively. Some of them are:
1. Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed treatment to cure cervical cancer is surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic nymph nodes.
2. Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to destroy them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.