Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijithYour feedback matters!
I am 9 weeks pregnant but I am not ready for it please help me (as I work on cruise ship I was unable to do anything)
I was good in sex till last couple of months. I do not know what happened suddenly. I am not able to do sex more then one time with a her. Two weeks I was having less sleep and I was consumed little alcohol in Pondicherry.
Her test of thyroid come normal which is 0.95 value of tsh on first July 2016. It was 150 before the three months on first April 2016. Now I cross check her and that also come normal the value of second time is 1.05 tsh value. She is taking throx 75 and before this she was taking throx 100 for this. Now unfortunately she is not getting pregnant it's ninth month of marriage. What is wrong with this matter with her. Thanks a lot to you.
I am 25 years female n suffering from pcos. Recently I had my hormones test in dat AMH level is 5.83 and FSH level 4.69. Are these normal or not? If not then wat will be the problem. I had sometimes lower abdomen pain all of sudden.
How can I differentiate between Shingles and Herpes simplex. Even there symptoms is same. I want to know the difference. Plzz help me.
How many months should I give gap for my next pregnancy as I had abortion in 10th week due to rubella attack. Please suggest now can I take rubella vaccination after abortion or any medicines are there? Thanks in advance.
I am 24 years old. I took regestrone tablet to delay my period. I had sex one day during medication. But we were taking precaution. But now that I've stopped taking that medicine, I have delayed period. What should I do? Is there any case of me getting pregnant?
The past couple of days have witnessed trending news in the form of the stunning transformation of Anant Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, MD of Reliance Industries Limited. Anant, who had previously been burdened with excessive body weight due to intake of some strong medications, has achieved an unbelievable target of losing 108 Kgs of body weight in just 18 months!
Many people suffer from obesity and many other conditions as an aftereffect of excessive body weight, but don't know how to address the issue to attain a healthy weight. In this regard, the story of Anant is an inspirational lesson for all those who want to lose weight and follow a strict diet plan and exercise regime continuously to achieve their goals. Just like him, now you too can attain a healthy body weight and a fit physique too through the techniques mentioned below:
1. Following an Appropriate Diet Plan - A healthy diet is the key to a good weight loss regime besides the implementation of an effective exercise plan. Anant had opted for a strict low-carb diet without the presence of sugar. This type of diet has a lot of benefits including weight loss in a healthy way. This type of diet requires you to avoid all types of processed food items including breads, soft drinks, cereals, pastas, sweets etc. And increase the intake of foods rich in healthy fats and proteins.
2. Weight and Functional Training - Weight training is known for burning calories and functional training helps in increasing your core stability through exercises like squats, stretches, lunges etc. A combination of these two in your exercise regime will not only help you lose weight, but will also enable you to do it in a healthy way.
3. High-intensity Cardio Exercises - High-intensity cardio exercises are recommended by most gym instructors to people who want to lose weight as they increase your heart rate and consume lesser amount of time to eliminate the extra fat from your body.
4. Yoga - There’s no better way to stay fit and healthy than making yoga a part of your daily lifestyle. This ancient tradition not only tones your muscles and burn calories, but also gives you a healthier life by helping you relax your mind and body both. This was also one of the techniques followed by Anant to reach his destination of a having a healthy body.
We've put together a sample diet plan exclusively for you, which can help you lose weight in a healthy natural way:
Early Morning (6:30 am - 7:00 am) - a glass of warm water + 1/2 lemon juice + pinch of salt; walk for 30 minutes.
Breakfast (8:00am - 9:00 am) - 1 cup milk/tea, with fruit, oats with milk/namkeen oats, veg. Dalia, veg. Upma, veg. Poha, veg. Sandwich, 2 egg whites/1 whole egg and toast.
Mid-Morning (11:30 am) - fruit/sprouts
Lunch (1:00 pm - 2:00 pm) - 2 chapattis with vegetable, salad, dal/curd/idli + sambhar (alternatively, if you want to have 1 bowl rice, have it with 1 katori rajma/kadhi/dal/chhole + salad)
Tea-Time (4:30pm - 5:00pm) - tea/coffee + 2 biscuits/rusks
Evening Snacks (6:00 pm - 6: 30pm) - roasted chana, sprouts, popcorn, veg sandwich, sometimes 4-5 almonds, walnuts, pista, raisins
Dinner (8:00 pm - 8:30 pm) - 1-2 chapattis with vegetable, salad or 1-2 veg sandwiches, or roasted chicken/grilled fish (if non-vegetarian)
Post-Dinner (if required, at 10:00 pm) - 1 cup of milk.
We hope the above suggestions and the sample diet plan will inspire you to embark on a journey of transforming yourself into a healthier and happier person! There's no happiness better than feeling good about yourself!
If you liked this health tip, do 'Share' it with your loved ones.
If you would like a more comprehensive and customized diet plan for yourself or your family, along with a 7-day unlimited text chat, just click on 'Consult'!
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Sir maine aur meri girlfriend ne aj sex kiya tha and I used condom and thodi bht fingering bhi ki thi and wo dar rahi h ki uska period late na ho jae. Tell me sir kya esa ho skta h ki uske period late ho skte h and ye bat btae sir ki fingering se pareganant hone k chance h kya. Aur condom se bhi pregnant ho skte h kya.
My wife had an ectopic gestation because of which one fallopian tube had to be cut. What all precautions need to taken to prevent future ectopic pregnancy?
I was having irregular periods before 4 months and when I met Dr. she told its pcos. I took medicine for that. Now everything is ok, but I have facial hair growth which I do not like. We are also planning for 1st baby. I am not pregnant yet. Pls advise some home remedies to remove hair permanently and also advise if I proceed for lacer removal will it effect me in having baby?
Hello doctor! I am 20 years old. I have been detected with PCOS recently. And I have been asked by the doctor I am consulting to have different medicines that include contraceptive. I don't want to intake such medicines. What are the natural ways that I can cure it? What are the food supplements that I should take? What are the habits that I should adopt in order to reduce cysts?
Hello doc, my wife's age 25, she is pregnant. She have one month and 17 days of pregnancy. We take her to doc, she said to ultrasound, we did. But report said baby's growth is less by one week. Now what will we do. To grow the baby. Tell me some diet or other things pls.
My wife is 34 year old she is suffering from a boil (baltod) & she want to conceive so please tell us what precautions & medicine she take.
I had sex on 21st April i.e today. Which was first protected then without condom. And when we started without condom. By that time a lot of irritation has started in my vagina. I also had v thick n smelly urine. Feels like I did it for the first time. Also it was the 6th day of my cycle. My cycle started on 16th of this month.
My question is my wife some time suffer from period issue like she suffer from more blood during her period. Is this normal or any physical problem? thanks.
So some of you are getting ready for honeymoon right !! some of you might be planning for second child, some of you might be thinking to start medicine for Infertility…So anyone thinking how our child should be like in future…wait don't think we are giving burden to our child before he arrives in this world.
What we mean by that is we need our child to be healthy, intelligent, fair complexion, disease-free, strong..so how this could happen in our child…does this all come in 1 package in our child !! (don’t laugh its true) Answer is yes…I will tell you few stories about this--
- In our ancient India, the story of Abhimanyu is well known in the Mahabharata. Abhimanyu, the son of Arjuna, learned how to enter the Chakravyuha. when he was in his mother's womb. Abhimanyu had heard & learnt technique by Krishna to Subhadra during her pregnancy.
- When Prahlad’s mother was pregnant, she used to listen to devotional songs. Therefore, even though Prahlad took birth in a Rakshasa family, he became a devotee of Lord Vishnu.
So likewise we have an example of Lord Rama, Swami vivekanand etc. in front of us.
Now main point, Ancient Indian medicine has recommended need for the mental, spiritual and physical preparation of the mother before childbirth. Ayurveda describes preparation of the couple planning pregnancy, three months prior to conception.
Because pregnancy should be by choice, and not by chance. The beginning is by pinda shuddhi or the purification of the gametes (sperm and ovum). If the couple is not in a state of mental stability and calmness, even if they are physically fit, they cannot give birth to a healthy child. This mental calmness and stability ("Sathwa Guna") of mind is closely related to one's food habits and many other factors. Abstinence from spicy foods and addictive substances is advised.
Moreover, in this fast running lifestyle where food adulteration, pesticides in vegetables, pollution in air, Chemical & preservatives usage in all items makes our body, mind as well as the quality of sperm and ovum also less. To overcome the effect of all this negativity, we require building a strong positive environment so that our child gets protection before birth only.
So now how we can plan this Ayurveda Garbha Sanskar Programme
"MEGHDHARA" has the answer for this “THE AYURVEDIC WAY OF PLANNING PREGNANCY”
Ayurved Garbh Sanskar Program mainly consists of....
- Beej-Shuddhi by Panch Karma
- Garbhadhan-Vidhi and Aahwaan
- Pusavan Samskar
- Garbhini Paricharya
1. Beej-Shuddhi by Panch Karma:
Prior to conception, it's very important that the Matrubeej(Ovum) and Pitrubeej(Sperm) has no deformity and are pure in a biological sense. Impure or deformed Beej are responsible for hereditary deformity and improper concievation resulting in unhealthy or a baby with congenital deformities. In Ayurveda, Matrubeej and Pitrubeej are purified by means of an appropriate cleansing procedure called Panchkarma.
2. Garbhadhan-Vidhi and Aahwaan:
It’s the procedure of conception..where we need to form the environment for suitable to our child before doing Maithun (Intercourse)..so that we get child with fair complexion, healthy and devoid of bad environment effect. Like we decorate our house to welcome the new guest.
3. Pusavan Sanskar:
It is carried out after up to 3 months of conception. Pusavan Sanskar mainly is meant of good and healthy child birth after delivery. Due to that child gets more immunity, health and intellectual power.
4. Garbhini Paricharya:
There are guidelines for food and mental attitude to be maintained by a mother during pregnancy. As the fetus grows in the womb, it gets various organs and mental abilities called Indriyas and Mind with the course of time during the nine months of its stay in the womb at a very specific time which is well-described in the scriptures of Ayurveda which being supported by modern research also.
I think now you understand the concept of garbha sanskar and how its beneficial for our child’s future. So plan accordingly to give gift to your child prior to birth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.