Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijish
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijishYour feedback matters!
I visited a doctor yesterday for low hb .He prescribed me a tab called folvite , the very same same day I google the tab and saw that this med is generally given to pregnant women. What to do?
I am 32 years old. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in April 2016. We are planning for pregnancy. My LMP was on 13th June and I have a 30-31 days cycle. My BMI is 22.8. My exercises include 30 minutes walk on Treadmill (at 5.5 km per hr) for 30 minutes and do cycling for 30 minutes. I also do yoga asking for 30 minutes. My diet is rice, pulses and vegetables for breakfast and lunch, fruits and nuts (almond, walnut and peanut) as snacks and wheat and vegetables for dinner. 2 cups of tea per day, 2 eggs, 4 cups of fish curry, 4 fried fish pieces and 1/4 kg boiled chicken per weeks. I was told that most of the people experience the miscarriage in the first 4 weeks due to hard work and will not be noticed. Is it ok if I continue the exercises now while planning? What are the precautions to be taken for a healthy pregnancy?
Do you have the habit of plucking your nose hair? As unsightly or awkward they may be, your nose hair can actually play an important role in keeping you healthy. So the next time you grab your tweezers or scissors to pluck your nose hair, do rethink and stop doing it.
The time when you feel like your nose is swamped with thick or dense hair, people often use tweezers or your fingers to pluck them out. Some of them even go to the extent of waxing it off. However, before you get there, be watchful.
There are two kinds of nose hair:
- Vibrissae: The frontal nose hair that is visible and plucked out from the nose
- Microscopic cilia: Present at the back of the nose, these are responsible for filtering mucus and moving it to the back of the nose
Here are the reasons why you must stop plucking your nose hair:
- It can make you catch infections: When you pluck your front nose hair, you are more prone to catch an infection. Germs and particles near the follicles can get inside, without the Vibrissae.
- The danger triangle: The triangular area on the face between your mouth and nose is referred to as a danger triangle. This area is very important for brain function. The veins that carry blood out of the nose tend to converge with the veins that carry blood from the brain. If you pluck the nose hair, it can lead to the germs get carried all the way to the brain and potentially affect it causing conditions of meningitis or brain abscess.
- Bacteria and germs outbreak: When the nose hair is plucked or waxed, the entire pore is left exposed to bacteria and other germs to get in. If the cilia and other hairs of the nose are unable to prevent the onset of the germs build-up, then these harmful particles can delve deeper into the path of the body all the way up to the brain.
So, what is the right way to do it then? Trimming is the way to go!
The next time you want to get rid of your nose hair, if its over-grown or getting too irritating for you, consider trimming it instead. As long as you don’t get too close to the skin inside your nose, it will not lead to the danger triangle problem.
Also wash your nose well before trimming your nose hair. Washing out the pathogens from the nose before trimming is important so that it will reduce your chances of catching any infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Exercise is a vital part of preventive health care as you get older. It has beneficial effect on every part of the body. It keeps the skin and hair in good condition, makes you more energetic, speeds up the pasaage of food through the digestive ststem, it speeds up the metaboloism (the rate at which the body burns calories), it strengthens bones and muscles, it srablies blood sugar, prevents weight gain, has postive effect on the mind and emotions, beat depression and raise your self - esteem.
While you are exetcising, your optimum heart rate should always be betwwen 60 and 80 petcent of the maximum heart rate (mhr)
60% of your mhr is the minimum elevation of your heart rate that you should aim for during exercise. Now calculate 80% of your mhr, this is the maximum elevation of your heart rate that you should aim for during exercise. A heart rate that is between 60- 80% of your mhr is said to be in your training zone, eg- if you are 50, your mhr is 170, your minimum training heart rate is 102 and your maximum training heart rate is 136, if you stick to these guidelines you will be able to burn body fat and exercise your cardiovascular system safely.
When you have finished exercising you should check that your heart returns to its normal rate wirhin 10 minutes, if it takes longer than 10 minutes, it is advisable that you exercise at a slower pace until you become fitter.
Sir muje 9 aug ko period hua tha or 13aug ko khtam hua tha mere bf ne 14 and 15aug ko sex kiya tb maine i-pill le the but muje abi tak period ni hua 9sept ko hona tha, esk bad maine 18sept ko pregnancy test kiya jo nigative tha and 19 r 20 ko fir sex kiya r i-pill le r mujhko ab white-discharge hua. Plese esko m kya samjhu r yehi white-discharge 17 r 18 aug ko bhi hua tha please mjhko clear kro, r kya abi sex krna thek hai ya nhi ku ki hm log living relation m rehte h to problm ho jati hai.
Hi I m female24 & my husband is male 26 married since last 9months,& we have unprotected intercourse daily. Now we want a baby. I usually gets my period on 11/12 of every month this time I gotbon 20th. So please advise how can I get pregnancy. When should we have intercourse? How many days should I have intercourse to get pregnant? What should I do after intercourse? Request you to guide be briefly.
In the realm of sexual relations, Incest is one of the longing social taboos. In order to curb this social taboo, many governments have introduced law banning incest. Basically, this is a sexual relationship between those who are blood-related, which is also called as Consanguineous relationship. This is also called as Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) which can be between siblings, half siblings, donor children, adoptees, biological mother and father, nephew and so on. This is a social evil, and experts have some remedies so that you can deal with genetic sexual attraction.
According to an article published in Spanish Magazine AFIN in July 2013, separation of siblings for quite a long time is one of the known causes for genetic sexual attraction. At the same time, the magazine points out that there are instances that even those who are not separated have this mania of genetic sexual attraction. Some of the other interesting aspects of GSA can be explained as follows:
It is said that children who grow in close proximity since their childhood develop reverse sexual attitude or imprinting with their siblings, parents and with other consanguineous relationships. This reverse sexual attitude actually suppresses sexual desire with consanguineous relationship. This theory is also called as Westermarck Effect. This can be the pointer to the question How to deal with Genetic Sexual Attraction because consanguineous relationship separated for years may not have the Westermarck Effect.
It is pointed out that when siblings who are separated for long duration of time are sexually mature when they meet each other. In other words, they were not members of the nuclear family, and this long absence can attract each other for a closer relationship. In addition to this, the siblings are biologically and mentally so grown up that they have made their own hard imprint of their character, taste and so on. It is a combination of these factors that makes them an exception to the Westermarck effect.
Symptoms of GSA:
Extreme awareness about the other person, hard desire to stay or talk, distractible behavior, unnecessary talking, holding hands or touching or making use of every opportunity to have some kind of physical contact, daydreaming are some of the known symptoms of GSA.
One of the ideal remedies for those suffering from GSA is to seek help of appropriate medical fraternity in the earliest possible time. This is one of the most ideal approaches to deal with genetic sexual attraction. It is also suggested that you should ensure that the siblings meet at regular intervals. This can help the siblings to have Westermarck Effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!