Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaykumar S. SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi madam, my wife is 28 weeks pregnant, she had high blood pressure due to that we admitted in boring hospital , doctors are saying due to high bp a sufficient blood is not passing to the baby, they are saying baby is weak due to less amount of blood , we have to deliver the baby now only or else it will be problem for both mother and baby, even though if we deliver we can't save baby , I don't know what to do, pls suggest me I want to save both baby and the mother pls reply me soon pls pls.
Gud mrng drs. My delivery due date is 15th March. I want to pack new born baby's clothes. What stuff of clothes should I pack? please guide.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.