Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Purka
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay PurkaYour feedback matters!
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
My skin type is oily and sensitive. Few months back I struggled with acne. Now it's clear. But redness left lil bit. Recently my derma suggested aziderm 20 gel. Pl tell how much tym it Will take. The ratio of redness is less. Pl tell if there would be any side effects initially. As my skin is sensitive. Does this really work on redness.
1. Protect your skin from the sun: use sun screen and wear protective clothing. Cover your skin with full sleeved shirt and before going outside you can use rose water on your skin. You can use seek shades when sun rays are strong.
2. Don't smoke: smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow. So please don't smoke.
3. Treat your skin gently: don't wash your self with very warm water. Only use luke warm water and. Also limit bath time.
4. Avoid strong soaps
5. Moisturize your skin: Apply turmuric, curd, lemon paste twice in week and. You can apply. Curd daily before 10 mins bath. You can do steaming to your face sometimes and main thing is that you should always remove makeup wash your face before go to sleep.
6. Eat healthy diet: a healthy diet can help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, veggies, water, proteins.
7. Manage stress: uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. For better skin you should avoid stress.
8. Exercise daily: if you exercise. Daily then toxins of your body will come out with sweat and you can do yoga and it will helps your skin to look better and younger
Every thing is possible. So believe yourself.