Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay MhatreYour feedback matters!
My left one side leg get pain during 15 days, And also its get vibrate some time. Is it the symptoms of getting paralyzed?
I am 36 yrs old, I got hurt in my right knee while playing football, mri scan report says- evidence of bone contusion noted involving opposing articular surface of medial femoral condyle and tibial condyle but no frank fracture is visible, had taken treatment since 5 months, I can walk normally, but when sit & stand or bend knee after sitting I gets hurt in knee as well as while running or walking in steps. Please provide me suggestion.
I am 17 year old male I am suffering From ankle pain since last 6 months according the local orthopedist it is Tendonitis.
My mother is 75 years old and she she gets pain in her shoulders which moves towards her jaws when she climbs stairs her angiography reports ate normal lately her legs below the knees especially the calf muscles pain a lot she suffered a mild stroke a few days back she has thyroid hyper.
L3/l4 disturb in nerves so right leg calf mussle pen last 4 years. Also inject on l3/l4 at hinduja hosp. But not progress.
Hi doctor, My father is having a problem with neck and lower neck (behind), he is not able to move neck at all right to left up to down from 7 days we don't know the reason why is this happening. He slept with wet towel under the neck few days back so may be there is a problem with nerves or etc. Now he feel very bad pain and using pain killers diclovin and tremazad. The pain is very much as he is taking 5-6 diclovins in a day. Suggest something helpful.
Hi I have just done with ACL surgery of Right Knee. As ACL has been broken so they join the new during surgery. Surgery done on 15 october But now I am facing some jerk & twist during walk with knee brace. Its suddenly jerk & twist any time during walk & during sleep on bed. I am lil bit tensed and scared. What is going on can you please suggest? I do exercise daily 3-4 times But facing this problem some time. What should I do. I am not confident during walk; as I feel like my leg will slip. Please suggest.
Sir my mri suggestive of sypondylodiscitics with small abcess collection is this suggestive of spinal surgery to remove the abcess.
I'm suffering from a leg pain for past 4 months it does n't occur often but twice in a week so please suggest a suitable solution for it.
Mere knee me pichle 3 se 4 saal say heavy pain hai .Kafi doctors ko dikhaya koi fyda nai hua mai kya kru ?
Hello doctor I have much pain in my left knee near about 2 months please suggest me what should I do.
Acute pain in outer thigh, pain in finger joints. Her weight is 80 kg and is 47 years old with slightly high blood pressure and cholesterol problem and pain in foot thumb joint. Please suggest me best medication?
I have back pain about a week. Nowadays I use to take rest because of my examination so what can I do.
Sir/madam I am having heavy left shoulder pain the pain starts from shoulder and up to left arm knee intolerable pain I take hifenac p for past one month but no use. I am a ASD closure patient and I am having two fracture in left leg knee one hairline fracture and one depressed fracture. But the left shoulder pain intolerable pls help.
Hi sir, I am suneel 23 year old. I am facing joint pain on my left shoulder, becoz of bike accident with minor injury. What should I do?
If you are about to undergo a knee replacement surgery, it is important to know the extent of pain that it involves, and the recovery period that follows. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and a patient needs a lot of time to adjust to the replacement of his knee. The time of recovery depends on the patient and form of surgery that has been undertaken. The steps of recovery after a knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- After the surgery, you will be given painkillers which you can self-administer using a switch. You may also require an oxygen mask or blood transfusion.
- You may require crutches and should walk within a frame. The ability to get back to walking without any help depends on the patient.
- You will be taught exercises for strengthening your knees in the hospital by a physiotherapist.
- It is likely for you to experience some initial discomfort during exercising and walking, as your legs may become swollen.
- Putting on a passive motion machine may be beneficial in restoring movement in your knees when you are lying in bed.
- It is likely for you to spend a period of three to five days in the hospital, based on your condition and its progress.
- An enhanced recovery program may be suggested by your surgeon in which you may start walking from the surgery day itself.
Recovery at home
- It is normal for you to feel tired and fatigued at home in the beginning. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and the tissues and muscles around your knees require time to heal properly.
- You should arrange for a person who would help you while you go out for a few weeks after the surgery.
- It is very important for you to practice the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist. This is a vital part of speedy recovery and you should not avoid them.
- You will be able to stop depending on crutches or walking frames and go back to your regular activities and schedule, six weeks after the surgery.
- The swelling and pain associated with the surgery may take around three months to depart.
The recovery process usually continues for two years after undergoing the surgery. During this period, scar tissue heals and your muscles get restored through exercises. It is recommended for you to avoid any kind of extreme sports or movements in which there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, or skiing.