Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar Shetty
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 68 years old man. Now a days quantity of urin has reduced. It's pressure is less. In the night I have to getup 3 times. Control on urine has reduce. Please advise.
Hi My wife is feeling cold, burning eyes, pain in throat, hot body. Could anyone please suggest the medicines which I can give her right now. Thanks.
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes. Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and reducing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Asthma is a chronic disease that affects the lungs. Patients who suffer from asthma have extremely sensitive airways that easily get inflamed and cause chest tension and difficulty in breathing. Asthma may affect individuals of any age, but it usually starts in children. Genetic predisposition is common and people who suffer from asthma also have associated allergies.
While allopathic treatment for asthma is practiced world over, homeopathic treatment proves to be a great alternate therapy in order to relieve the patient of asthma and not cause any side effects.
The homeopathic treatments for asthma are as follows:
- Arsenicum Album: Patients treated with Arsenicum are usually tired and anxious. They experience a wheezing sound with cough, and sometimes chest pain as well. These patients often feel thirsty and chilly. Symptoms feel better when the person is warm while sitting or standing, and worsens when the person lies down, especially at night.
- Carbo Vegetabilis: This remedy is used in people who suffer from asthma associated with weakness or fainting. These patient’s feet and hands are often cold and might even gag. Fresh air helps them. Indigestion problems are common in this patient and symptoms worsen when this patient eats, talks or is just lying down. Sometimes sitting helps to provide relief to the affected individuals.
- Chamomilla: This is the treatment of choice for asthma patients suffering from severe cough. Cough begins in fresh air, or after some emotional response such as anger or excitement. It could begin in the evening and continue until night. Both children and adults who suffer from such cough are seen to be intensively irritated and agitated.
- Ipecacuanha: This is the remedy of choice for patients who experience coughing that causes vomiting, chest tightness and suffocation. These patients often feel nauseated. Movement and warmth makes the symptoms worse for them.
- Natrium Sulphuricum: For patients who experience asthma when exposed to damp and mold, this is the treatment of choice. They feel weak and breathing gets difficult in the morning or with exercise.
- Nux Vomica: This remedy is used to treat tension in the chest and stomach pressure caused due to asthma. People who are given Nux Vomica are easily irritated and feel worse when they try to eat spicy food, use alcohol or sweets, exercise or engage in any mental activity. Sleeping in a warm temperature helps them to feel better.
- Pulsatilla: Some patients produce yellow mucus while coughing and it often causes choking. This is the treatment of choice in children and emotionally needy people. Warmth and overindulging in food worsens the cough for such patients. Fresh air helps to provide some relief.
- Spongia Tosta: This medicine is indicated when the cough is hard and of a barking type. Symptoms are worse during sleep. Patients get relief by sitting up and leaning forward or by tilting their head backwards. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!