Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KedaraYour feedback matters!
4 Benefits of being a vegan
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improved mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4)Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi I have completed nine months. little water n blood was coming and pain was also there but nurse have checked and she said that nothing is ready n open till nw. So she told to go home. N come when you will gt a continues pain. So can you tell me. That hw much time is lft. N what I shud do.
What to do to Balance hormones of pcod problem and what diet or medical treatment is required for it?
How much gap I can provide from one baby to next? And also suggest me, which method is the best and how for birth control?
Thanks for their commitment for health and fitness
Yeah everyone has its unique identity in its odors too but when it comes torturing its unhealthy
Bad body odors (breath, sweat even when urine n stool has normal but bad odor due to normal pitta).
When its notable bad (vitiated pitta to be treated) please consult your (ayurveda doctor)
Family physician to get medical condition.
Yeah diet also plays role to manage the body odors.
October heat may boost all these body odors so consider to detox in this season.
Sure all your near n dear one will note the thing.
Have happy n healthy living.
Pcos means doctor told to me I have pcos problem is there next week I have to check ovary but we are trying for 2nd baby please tell me how many months we have to wait for conceive?
Hi, irregular periods, before on april month periods come after 33 days, on march I was waiting fro period come after 29 days but it came after 32 days and this month I calculated 2 dates after 29 and after 33 days but period not came till now, I was feeling mild cram on belly button and down of belly button means lower abdomen but it comes and go type, white milky discharge also coming, before 2 days feeling fatigue, dizziness and shortness of breath and feeling sleepy all the time but now only fatigue and belly button and lower abdomen cramp which comes and go, what to do now, is this sign of pregnancy or just PMS, my expected period date was 16th May according to 33 days cycle, what to do, Another question is I was feeling pain from last 3 months on my lower back which goes till left butts and left calf when I take rest and pain goes all part pain also goes why this happen, please help me with both tbe question. According to irregular periods we have to do intercourse every other day for better results but we bore and leave some days and thats why this problem comes, Doctor told me try for 6 months then if no positive results come then I give you fertility medicine which is taking from 2nd or 3rd day of cycle. By this process how much chances of conceiving is their.
My wife got period on 3rdmarch2017, after that she didn't got period and pregnancy report is positive, approx 20 days over what if I don't want this baby .Can you suggest me some medicine with no side effects for my wife.
I am shweta my period comes just after 10 days what is the reason is I am pregnant or something else please ans me.
My friend she has her first sexual intercourse on 2 nd jan and she bleeds for 2 days after that periods does not happen till now and she checked pregnancy test test was negative what is the problem can any one suggest me.
Me my gf had sexual activities about 2 months ago. Not sexual intercourse but just masturbation and fingering. I might be having sperms on my finger can she get preg? Cz she is feeling sick vomiting and nausea. But she had periods for 2 months. She did not missed her period please help me m worried plzz Can she be preg? Or m just over thinking.
Does one get infection from penetrated sex with the partner having constant vaginal infection having diabetes.
I want to sex with my girlfriend without condoms I hate using them are they any other contraceptives to avoid pregnancy.
Sir I had unprotected sex with my partner. After my menstrual period was over. I took unwanted 72pill but as I am on antidepressants I am tensed that ipill will work effectively or not. Also as I had sex for the first time I had vaginal bleeding. Is this normal. A can I get pregnant. please help I will b highly grateful for an early response.
Oats and whole grain biscuits are good or not. I have a habit of eating biscuits with in the morning. please suggest..
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.