Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KedaraYour feedback matters!
A sweet way to healthy living, is it even possible? Yes! Are you aware that eating honey every day will keep you hale and healthy? You have a reason to smile, as we often control ourselves owing to the calories that sweetness comes with. If there is one food that is sweet and healthy, it is none other than honey. Since ancient times, honey has been recognized and extensively used for medicinal purposes. It is often called a power food in Ayurveda.
Apart from being one of the tastiest sweeteners in the world, honey contains compounds which provide you with immense health benefits. Ayurveda emphasizes the goodness of honey in its treatment methods and here are some of those benefits that Ayurveda suggests one can receive by consuming honey on a daily basis.
- Honey acts as an organic immunity booster: As per the Ayurveda, honey can be used as an ultimate immunity booster. Since the ancient times, honey has been used to create a harmony and perfect balance between the five senses. Daily and balanced consumption of honey inevitably leads to improved eyesight, cures impotence, diarrhea and bronchial disorders and more. When consumed with the other medicated herbs, honey increases the effectiveness of those naturally. Due to a powerful immunity system, cough and throat problems also get reduced as a result.
- Rich in antioxidants: Prevents cancer, high blood pressure and makes your skin healthy with the help of antioxidants present in honey. Good quality honey contains a generous amount of antioxidants, such as phenols as well as nutritious compounds like organic acids, flavonoids, etc. Antioxidants can prevent and help resist some types of cancer. These also help in reducing extremely high blood pressure. The antioxidants in honey also enable you to get a healthy, glowing skin. It can be used as a natural conditioner in the case of rough and frizzy hair.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Yes, you can control heart diseases, blood sugar and diabetes with a regular dose of honey. Honey helps you to reduce weight and enable you to reduce the risk of heart diseases. A controlled intake of honey helps the consumer to reduce the level of LDL or bad cholesterol or the low-density lipoproteins. At the same time, it raises the level of high-density lipoproteins or HDL or good cholesterol. For weight watchers and people on a diet, honey is safer to consume than sugar as it reduces the level of triglycerides, thus reduces the risk of heart diseases and the type 2 diabetes.
- Honey acts as natural ant-bacterial and anti-fungal element: The presence of hydrogen peroxide making enzyme in honey makes it anti-fungal as well as anti-bacterial. It works wonders in any case of gastroenteritis caused by bacteria. The existence of good bacteria like the lactobacilli or bifidobacteria enables it to heal any burn or wound quickly.
- Helps with sleep and associated issues: Quite often if you tend to suffer from insomnia or irregular sleep cycles which can result in frequent memory loss along with some other problems. Honey prevents extreme cellular damages by enabling the body to absorb the required calcium.
The level of serotonin also gets increased by honey, and it improves one’s stressed mood and mental condition. Serotonin eventually gets transformed into melatonin which prevents irregular sleep cycles.
Follow these guidelines and start consuming honey as soon as possible on a daily basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have sex one person without condom I do not no she have hiv or not I did checkup after 1 month it come negative my questions is it is possible to come hiv after long time.
I want to gain my weight bt I have polycystic ovary. My age is 23 years and weight is 35 kg. please suggest mi diet or medicines.
This is for my sister. There was a slight itching at the vaginal area for last 2 months. There is an increased itching for past 3 days and found white powdery substances in the clitoris region. It disappeared when washed with the vaginal hygiene intimate wash (V wash ). However, while passing urine, she could see those white substances in urine. When she use the intimate wash she has a soothing feeling but the itching is intense at night which keeps her awake at night. She used to use "clean and clear intimate wash" weekly once. She is abroad (Doha, Qatar) now for a week and will be staying there for a month to attend the workshop, part of her job. As she is new to the place, she could not consult any doctor. Please help her out.
Within what time after sexual intercourse should we take contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy? And will we get pills without prescriptions? Please tell me.
Hi I am pregnant at 9th month please tell me about diet; exercise and for normal delivery what should be done.
Hello Doctor, My wife is 6 weeks pregnant and as part initial diagnosis reports says her hepatitis B Surface Antigen is "Reactive" Could you advise on the same. If it is safe for both mother and baby ? Can we treat this during pregnancy ? What additional tests is required ? Is it curable ?
1. Cancer-fighting properties
Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources.
Overall the whole walnut diet reduced prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent. According to another study on mice, the human equivalent of just two handfuls of walnuts a day cut breast cancer risk in half, and slowed tumor growth by 50 percent as well. 1
2. Heart health
Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.
If you struggle with herpes, you may want to avoid or limit walnuts, as high levels of arginine can deplete the amino acid lysine, which can trigger herpes recurrences.
Walnuts also contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ala), which is anti-inflammatory and may prevent the formation of pathological blood clots. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ala are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death. 2
Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ala, 3 and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.
Separate research showed that eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may decrease cardiovascular risk, 4 and among those at high cardiovascular risk, increased frequency of nut consumption significantly lowers the risk of death. 5
3. Rare and powerful antioxidants
Antioxidants are crucial to your health, as they are believed to help control how fast you age by combating free radicals, which are at the heart of age-related deterioration.
Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods. This includes the quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin. 6
Walnuts contain antioxidants that are so powerful at free-radical scavenging that researchers called them" remarkable" 7 and research has shown that walnut polyphenols may help prevent chemically-induced liver damage. 8
In another study, researchers found that nuts, especially walnuts, have potent antioxidant powers. Walnut polyphenols had the best efficacy among the nuts tested and also the highest lipoprotein-bound antioxidant activity. The researchers concluded: 9
"Nuts are high in polyphenol antioxidants which by binding to lipoproteins would inhibit oxidative processes that lead to atherosclerosis in vivo. In human supplementation studies nuts have been shown to improve the lipid profile, increase endothelial function and reduce inflammation, all without causing weight gain"
4. Weight control
Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. In one review of 31 trials, those whose diets included extra nuts or nuts substituted for other foods lost about 1.4 extra pounds and half an inch from their waists. 10 eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days. 11
5. Improved reproductive health in men
One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a western-style diet, adding 75 grams (a bit over one-half cup) of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology. 12
6. Brain health
Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin e, folate, melatonin, omega-3 fats, and antioxidants. Research shows walnut consumption may support brain health, including increasing inferential reasoning in young adults. 13
One study also found that consuming high-antioxidant foods like walnuts" can decrease the enhanced vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging" increase health span" and also" enhance cognitive and motor function in aging" 14
The beneficial dietary fat in walnuts has been shown to improve metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. Overweight adults with type 2 diabetes who ate one-quarter cup of walnuts daily had significant reductions in fasting insulin levels compared to those who did not, and the benefit was achieved in the first three months.