Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay GauriYour feedback matters!
My child is of 4.7 yes old. Day by day his physique is getting deteriorated,though his weight is 19. My question is how can I take care of him to bring back his glamour?
My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and she is very stubborn. She got recently stomach ache and feeling pain near urethra while urinating. Has rashes like round patches and itching on some of her body.
My kid 3+ age having type 1 diabetes is it permanent curable please tell me the way to cure totally. Coz shez too small. Am worrying about her health and future too.
My 6 year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hi doc, my baby is 3 and half month old. From last 3 days she is having dark green colour poo, only once in a day. She is on formula milk, as I don't have sufficient milk for her. Little worried about her, please advice. Thanks.
Hi respected sir/madam, my 4 year older son just 13 k.gs. In weight, I have tried so many doctors, pediasure, but he is not getting healthy and strong. Blood test, hemoglobin test are normal. Respected sir / madam. He is also not getting interested in foods, he like bread tea, chips, and immune system is not good too. Running nose, fever etc. wht should I do. Please do reply. I will be grateful.
My child is 2 years & 2 months old but he is not speaking anything, just random words he speaks but it has no meaning. What to do?
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
My son is 3 years old. His skin at the arms, shoulders, cheeks has got small pimples and it is rough and itching. He got this since he is 1 year old. Please let me know what is to be done.
16 days old baby is vomiting just after breastfeeding from yesterday and stomach is getting bigger. Stool and urination are ok. Not sleeping properly. Please help me how to get rid of this ?
I have a baby of 8 months and she got infection in her blood? what are the causes and remedy for that problem?
My grand daughter is 5 years old and have problem and don't respond sometimes to questions. Could it be due to complications during delivery. Kindly clarify.
My wife suffering from cough , more cough come out from body, this has done after cold energy so poor she is tired ,provide glucon D powder in water. Please suggest which medicine support.
Hello. .my nephew is 40 days old and he is often crying badly due to etching on anus caused by pinworm.. Suggest some medicine for him. I repeat he is only 40 days old.
My son is 20 months old. Somehow I feel his height and weight is a bit less than other babies I see around of the same age. Pls let me know the average height and weight of boys of this age.
Whooping Cough (another name for Pertussis) can be termed as an infection to the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella Pertussis (B. pertussis). It generally affects infants (below one year of age) and who have not yet been immunized; also kids between 11 to 18 years of age whose immunity graphs are on a downward spiral.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Initially, whooping cough produces signs and symptoms that may just seem to overlap with those exhibited during the average cough and cold; mild coughing, sneezing, runny nose, low fever, etc. These persist for about a week or two and then slowly, there is the onset of the dry, irritating cough which again turns to prolonged coughing spells. The child’s face may seem flushed with a purple hue. The child may also vomit or make the distinctive whooping sound at the end of one such spell. Breathing difficulty can be another issue.
What is the Diagnosis?
The doctor performs an initial check-up followed by tests of mucus sample from the nose or throat. The mucus is checked for the presence of the Bordetella pertussis bacteria. To make a more thorough diagnosis, a blood test is also advisable.
What is the Treatment?
Hospitalisation might be required in case of acute distress. Respiratory support may also be provided if required. If there is intense dehydration, intravenous (IV) fluids may also be administered. As this disease is on account of a bacterial infection, antibiotics will be needed. But these will just treat the immediate effects and the cough cannot be completely done away with.
What can be the Possible Complications?
The possible immediate complications include:
- Brain Damage
- Haemorrhaging in the brain
What can be the Prevention?
Vaccination is needed in order to prevent whooping cough. The vaccines are advised to be administered at the age of two months, four months and six months respectively. The 1st booster dose is to be given at 16 to 18 months age and 2nd booster dose is given on 5 year completion of age. An optional booster may be given at 10 year age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.