Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay C SalviYour feedback matters!
Sensitivity of the teeth can be because of multiple reasons
1)Too hard brushing or brushing your teeth with a hard brush can wear off the proctective layer of your teeth called the enamel which can lead to sensitivity.
2)Rubbing of acidic food , baking soda etc can wear off the enamel.
3)Drinking Aerated drinks on regular basis.
4)Conditions like hard clenching or bruxism
I am not able to eat anything on my right lower jaw and my gum at the last is severely paining. Used some antibiotics but no use. Got x-ray and doctor told that the last tooth is covered half by that gum. Pls help me to get out of this.
I am 28 year old boy, for few days, I am observing that my gum is swelling and bleeding, I want to know which medicine I should take?
Just as white, straight teeth convey youth, a smile with crooked, discolored, worn, or missing teeth is associated with an aged look.
Keeping a youthful mouth comes down to two simple, proven, and practical steps:
Brush and floss daily
See your dentist every six months.
If there is misaligned teeth get it corrected.
If there is gap between teeth can be corrected by orthodontic or cosmetic correction using crown or dental bonding
If there is stain due to tobacco, smoking get scaling done.
Beautiful smile is add on to your personality visit your dentist and get confident smile
I am 37 YEAR old. I am suffering from teeth problem I am already lost my 6 teeth .i am habituated to take pen prag regularly. Pl suggest how can I save my teeth.
I get white spot kind of ulsers in mouth however do not.Pain or irritate.Wonder if it could be sign of cancer as i hv been chewing pan and gutka till 2yrs back.Pl advise.
I had a filling in one of my teeth, 2 months ago, now I sometimes feel severe pain at night after going to bed on the same portion of feeling. What could be the reason and any medicine for pain relief. What should I do in due course?
No bleeding gums but blood is bleeding at my brushing time rarely and I spend much time for brushing and tongue cleaning time blood bleeds rarely. Brushing after some time bad smell is happen.
Suffering with bad breath from when I am at the age of 12 and it's continuing how to stop it. I am trying ginger a piece a day daily I heard it stops bad breath permanently ?
My teeth looks yellow . I brush my teeth daily I take care of them but still they dnt look white what should I do.
I am 23 years male, suffering from very high sensation in my lower 1st molar tooth. I am asked to go for RCT by my dentist, but I feel very scary with the injection, I fainted twice earlier before the injection procedure. Please guide me what to do.
I have dental problem. I get sensitivity and due to that I am not able to concentrate on things. Please guide.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.