Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidyasagar Umalkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidyasagar UmalkarYour feedback matters!
Liver is a very important organ of your body. It is also the largest internal organ. Liver plays a pivotal role in food digestion, iron metabolism, regulation of blood clotting and removal of toxins from your body. Liver problems refer to the disruption of liver functions. There are various liver problems and diseases that you may encounter. Some of the liver problems are as follows:
- Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Fatty liver
- Liver cancer
- Wilson disease
The most common causes of the above mentioned liver problems are
- Fatty liver is generally caused due to obesity
- Hepatitis A, B, C is caused due to viral infections
- Consuming excess alcohol can cause liver cancer
- Liver diseases like Wilson disease is caused due to genetic problems
Different liver problems have different symptoms. But there are some common symptoms for all liver diseases. The most common symptoms are mentioned below
- Body fatigue
- Pain in the abdomen
- Change in urine and stool color
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Yellowish discoloration of skin, eyes and nails.
Homeopathy can treat liver problems very effectively. The following are some of the solutions offered by homeopathy for different liver problems
1. If you are suffering from the problem of fatty liver, your doctor may recommend you medicines like Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Nux vomica
2. If you suffer from the problem of liver enlargement then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Carduus Marianus
3. Chionanthus and Taraxacum are medicines advised for liver problems like jaundice
4. Natrum sulphuricum may be recommended to you if you are suffering from problems like Liver cirrhosis
Homeopathic treatment for liver problems is very effective since it treats the medical condition according to specific symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Anxiety refers to an emotion, which you may feel due to a stressful condition. No matter how much you try, it is not possible for you to stay happy and carefree always. There are many situations in life that make you anxious and create stressful conditions for you. But you must try your best to overcome anxiety, as prolonged anxiety can lead to severe health problems such as heart diseases, asthma and chest pain. There are many causes responsible for anxiety.
Some of the causes are as follows
- Emotional stress which may develop due to personal problems.
- Stress at your workplace or educational institute.
- If you suffer from any traumatic situation, then it may lead to anxiety.
- Financial problems may cause stress and anxiety.
- Stress caused due to social problems.
Some of the most common symptoms of anxiety are
- Muscle pain
- Feeling restless
- You experience rapid heart beats
- You may often get irritated
Homeopathy offers promising treatments for reducing anxiety
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below
- Aconite: Your doctor may suggest you this medicine if you show symptoms of breathing trouble or you experience rapid heartbeats or if the complexion of your face changes. This is also recommended in case of panic attacks and nervousness.
- Lycopodium: This is effective in reducing anxiety if the cause of your anxiousness is emotional stress and also if you show symptoms of irritation, diarrhea or fear of claustrophobic situations.
- Phosphorus: This medicine is recommended if you suffer from emotional stress and show symptoms of extreme and uncontrolled anger.
- Pulsatilla: This is a medicine, which may be advised to you if you suffer from anxiety due to emotional insecurity.
- Argentum Nitricum: This may be prescribed to you if you suffer from anxiety resulting from phobias.
- Arsenic album: Your doctor may advice you this medicine if you show symptoms of restlessness or if your anxiety is due to financial insecurity.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety is very effective since it treats your problem after examining the root cause of your anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Hair fall also known as alopecia is a problem encountered by millions of men and women worldwide. Hair fall can be a very distressing problem and can make you feel depressed. Hair fall may happen due to several reasons. Finding out the root cause of your hair fall will help you to deal with your problem more efficiently. Following are some causes that could be the reason for your hair fall:
- For some people hair fall may be a hereditary problem.
- Hormonal imbalance may at times lead to hair fall.
- Stress can be a leading cause of hair loss.
- Frequent use of hair styling tools may cause your hair to fall rapidly.
- Consuming steroids like birth control pills very often may result in uncontrolled hair fall.
- A diet with insufficient amount of protein can trigger hair fall.
But there is no reason for you to be disheartened, because there are many treatments available for controlling hair fall. Homeopathy offers promising remedies for reducing hair fall.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- If your hair fall is due to scalp diseases like dandruff or eczema then your homeopathic physician may recommend you medicines like Psorinum.
- Your doctor may recommend you medicines like Pulsatilla or Sepia Officinalis, if hair loss happens due to childbirth or after menopause.
- If hair fall is due to alopecia then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Calcrea Carbonica.
- Homeopathic medicines like Fluoric acid are used for growing back your hair if bald spots appear on your scalp due to hair fall.
- Medicines like Lycopodium are used for growing back your hair in case of complete baldness.
- Silicea is a common homeopathic medicine prescribed for hair fall in case of young people.
Hair fall must not be ignored. You may consider visiting a homeopathic doctor if your hair is falling at an alarming rate.
Coronary artery disease is characterized by accumulation of plaque in the coronary artery that chokes blood supply to the heart. This plaque buildup usually starts with cholesterol accumulation and gradually other particles such as calcium and lipoproteins get deposited as well. Over time, the plaque accumulates, making the blood vessels narrow and choking the supply of blood. In some cases, if the plaque ruptures, it may lead to formation of blood clots resulting in stroke.
The symptoms of coronary artery disease are:
- Breathing difficulties: This disorder may lead to shortness of breath as the blood pumping mechanism of the heart is impaired; this usually results in fatigue and exertion. It is advised to avoid advanced cardio exercises such as the high intensity interval training.
- Chest pain: Stress related activities may cause intense pressure or tightness in your chest, resulting in pain in the middle or left portion of your chest. If you discontinue the activity, the pain would usually subside. In some cases, you may feel the pain in the arm and the neck.
- Heart attack: If the level of plaque accumulation is excessive, then it may result in a heart attack. It is characterized by breathing difficulties, pain, tightness in the chest and sweating. You may also experience pain in the neck and the jaw.
The causes of coronary artery disease are:
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle ups the risk of coronary artery disease
- High cholesterol levels in the body
- Blood sugar problems
- Get your blood pressure under control: If you suffer from high blood pressure, then it is recommended to get it under control to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Quit smoking: If you are a habitual smoker, then it is time to nip the habit in the bud. Smoking is known to constrict blood vessels as it is a vasoconstrictor.
- Eat healthy: Eat a well balanced diet consisting of vegetables and fruits so that your body receives the essential nutrients to function well.
- Beat stress: You need to control your stress levels through exercise or meditation. Take time off work and do activities that make you happy.