Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya Santosh KadamYour feedback matters!
Some one said me that intake of fenugreek affects the kidney function by increase in creatinine out go in urine .is it right or otherwise. Your expert opinion is eagerly awaited.
Sir, I have 6 mm stone in Both kidney, Can it Remove through Urination? And How? What Care I take? Please Answer only Kidney specialised person. Thanking You.
I have burning feel into my penis while urin pass for 3 months. I am 44 years old. Kidney stone affected 2 times. There is weakness on penis for sexual intercourse.
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
My husband is 28 years old. He is urinating only twice or thrice in a day. And his urine colour is red. Is it normal. If it is not what should I do ?
My 12 year has this problem of urinating while sleeping. At first we thought she does it on purpose but then she keeps telling she feels pain at night and does not know when she wets the bed. Can You please give me some suggestions to help her?
Dear sir 47yrs old doctors diagnosed prostate taking medicine regularly for last 15 days medicine prescribe ed uni max for one month one tab and syrup nucouli but still burning sensation and have to put lot of pressure while urinating still not well worried pls advise regularly in touch Please if advice some additional medicine in it and food to be taken.
I am 23 year old. Toilet karte time jalan hota hai. Sahi pressure v nai hota. Penis me Erection problem Bhi hai.Please tell.
I feel vomiting every time like my stomach is full of gas feel uneasy in stomach I do urinate a lot like once in 1 hr nd I can't control my urine its different kind of pain like my bladder is full and am on wheels and there are. Lots of speed breaker and even am not able to clear bowl its not satisfying little little amount Please do suggest what to do Is this symptoms of kidney stone?
I am 44 year old male. Recently in a routine annual checkup I found that I have creatinine level of 1.3 and Uris acid level at 8.1 along with vitamin D level at 6.3 ng/dl. I exercise regularly and incidentally I had a rigorous workout a day before the blood test. Can you please advise what should I do about the diet, medicine etc.
180/83 BP and blood sugar levels mg/dl 56 mmol/l 11. Narcolepsy attacks and chronic fatigue syndrome disorders chronic hypersomnia daytime drowsiness. Penis burns and bladder uti problems.
Hi my husband is 33 years old for the last 3 months during night he feels like urinating more often. Once he comes back after urinating again after 4-5 mins he feels like paas in urine. Some drops also comes out after he rubs the penis. This continues till he sleeps at night. Is this a problem .what could be the reason and solutions for same.
I get kidney stone once in 3 months. My age is 24/M. Does this have any permanent solution. Some say me drinking beer will help avoiding kidney stone. Is that true. Pls answer.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Related Tip: The Ideal Diet after a Kidney Transplant