Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya Santosh KadamYour feedback matters!
I am 67 year old. Feeling pain in penis when passing urine. Burning sensation in feet and hands. Sweeling legs and hands. Urine culture and sensitivity report- no growth of any microorganism. X-ray k. U. B- report-renal outline are well made out. My blood report as on 27/04/2015 are as follows: fasting=94, pp=116, bun=14, creatinine=1.2, uric acid=4.6, cholesterol=148, usg of k. U. B=rt. Kidney: measures 95mm, a52x33mm cyst noted. Lt. Kidney=107mm. A 26mm cyst noted. No hydronephrosis or detectable echo reflective calculas in both the kidneys. Prostate measures 3.7x2.9x2.8cms. Wt. 16 gms. Total psa ii= 0.53ng/ml. Normal voiding pattern, uroflometry=qmax 14ml/sec, voided vol 598ml, post void residue 51ml. If the reports are normal then why feeling this type of uneasiness. Please Advise.
Good morning. I have a small question that my urine is yellowish from last few days. I had a problem of uric acid last year and I think now a days its goes high. Recently my gynaecologist diagnosed a STD of my wife. What I do please suggest.
May I know the symptoms of jaundice. Now a days I am getting urine in yellow colour and my eyes are burning. So please tell me the symptoms.
What's the charges of kidney removal via laparoscopy in hospitals like Apollo or forte etc? And what's the cost of open surgery removal?
I am suffering from kidney stone for the last 4-5 years. I have tried ayurvedic treatment and also done laser treatment about 2 years ago but still the problem persists. Please suggest something to permanently get rid of it.
My mother aged 63 years suffering CKD from last 3 years and on dialysis since Oct' 2013. But now she is too much irritated. Can we apply another therapy on her like ayurvedic, hakeemi or naturopathy. Is it responsive?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I have a desk job. While sitting long I feel burning sensation in my testicles area. While walking and standing this feeling slowly disappears. I have gone through urine routine/micro/culture sensitivity test and everything is normal including TLC, DLC.
I am 60 years old and I have to go for frequent urination at mid night at 2 am to 6 am only. I don't have diabetes or enlarged prostate. What else can be possibilities of other ailments ?
I have little pain while urination, at place where urine comes out, it's not exactly pain and it only happens while urination, only this problem no blisters or pimples or anything, it's happening from last 5-7 days, I had one unsafe sex about 10 days back but I didn't bleed or anything.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure where your kidneys are cleansed and rebuild using the kidneys of a deceased person, in order to flush out the excessive waste fluids from the kidneys. It is of paramount importance and your dietary patterns and lifestyle should be altered after you go through a kidney transplant. Your dietician will help you out by preparing your diet chart to clearly list out the foods that you should consume and those which you should avoid after the surgery. The diet chart that would be prepared for you would be highly subjective and it would totally depend on your lifestyle, medical history, family health records, genetically transmitted conditions and such others. Apart from improving the condition of your kidney and assisting your transplant, the diet chart will also help you to lose weight, boost your metabolism and enhance your immune system. Some of the most common recommendations that your dietician may give you are as follows:
- Eating at least 5 full servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day as both are an important part of a healthy diet for a person who has just undergone a kidney transplant. The vegetables should mostly be eaten after cooking/boiling as per the suggestions of your dietician.
- Having enough of fiber rich foods in your daily diet is essential as it speeds up the process of digestion and prevents constipation by promoting frequent and easy bowel movements.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you should be going for lean meat alternatives which are low on fat and high on nutritional value. Examples of such meat are fishes and poultry. Additionally, you should also avoid all kinds of red meat as it is high on fat.
- Consume low-fat milk and dairy products as they help to prevent the fat accumulation inside the body and also maintain an acceptable level of calcium and phosphorus inside your body.
- Maintain a low level of iodized salt in your meals, as it helps to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Over the counter health supplements like vitamins and proteins can also be taken, if recommended by your dietician.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'