Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya PatilYour feedback matters!
Yoga is union of mind and body. Sex is uniting a male and a female. Yoga very useful for males suffering from various sexual problems and instead of taking drugs or dietary supplements one can do yoga to boost their sexual stamina. Yoga is natural and does not have any side effects too.
Some of the benefits of Yoga and Pranayam pertaining to sex are:
- Improves sexual stamina
- You will be more than satisfied with your sex life if you start practicing yoga.
- Yoga will heighten your senses.
- Do Surya-Namaskar daily to enhance your overall body.
- Yoga helps in breathing, which in turn helps you to get less exhausted while having sex.
- It will help you to harness you sexual power and direct it in the right way. Yoga will also help you to enhance your libido.
- There are special asanas for enhancing your sexuality in yoga like the lotus position, Halasana, Sirsana, etc.
- Yoga cures all kinds of sexual problems.
- Yoga helps in incorporating new sexual positions in the bedroom.
- Yoga also helps in improving sexual organs and increasing sex drive.
- Yoga increase your energy level and over all fitness level which in turn enhances your sexual life.
What you eat decides the kind of person you are. Food and sex have a good relation that’s why when you are overweight you are unable to have good sex. Diet and lifestyle play a big role in sexual gratification.
Some of the diets and lifestyle habits you could follow are:
- Include banana in your diet, bananas are rich in potassium and vitamin, which will help to increase your virility.
- Eat a lot of almonds. Almonds are rich in zinc and they help to boost your libido.
- Eat a lot of strawberries, they are rich in vitamin C and help in blood circulation, which in turn helps in better sexual experience.
- Get good sleep of minimum eight hours as you need energy for sex.
- Eat one garlic on your empty stomach early in the morning. It helps to increase your sexual organs stamina to hold out.
- Drink a lot of water and eat healthy food. Eat a lot of salads, soups, fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc.
- Avoid junk food, it is bad for your health as well as your sex life.
- Hence, these are some of the yoga and diet tips you ought to follow to have an active and a great sex life.
When me and my girlfriend go intimate, her legs start cramping very badly. Even on phone sex she complains this problem.
A I am 24 year old female, I have irregular periods from 2 years, am taking treatment also if I drop treatment 3 mnth am getting regular periods after tat am not getting wt I do. No thyroid problem,
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
I had normal delivery four months ago. I had my first period post that in 1st week of December and now in 1.5 month, I am having it for the third time. Is this normal or do I need some medication.
I am on regular combined birth control pill Crisanta. I have been taking it since two months and took two packets back to back without giving any break of 7 pill free days. I did not have sex on the first pack. On the second pack I had sex 3 times once I used unwanted 72 and two times condom along with regular birth control pill. I take my birth control same time everyday without fail. I was on pill free days from 1st to 7 th of April. I got my periods on 4th. Firstly it was brown discharge. Then from 5th I started having bleeding with clots. I got my bleeding fully till 7th. We were in undergarments when we had sex and my boyfriend ejaculated on the upper side of panties. We were in undergarments all time and I was also having periods so I was also wearing a pad. I started my birth control from 8th but nevertheless I did not want to take chances Nd took unwanted 72 within 45 hours. And I am also taking birth control. After taking unwanted 72 I bled a little thats Sunday. On Monday night I am having little bit brown discharge and little pink discharge. I had sex then 3 times buy with condoms and taking my birth control without fail. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
The first few minutes after an accident or fatal health condition such as a heart attack or stroke can be crucial to a patient’s survival. The first level of medical care that needs to be given to a patient before they can reach a hospital is known as basic life support. Basic life support can be given by paramedics, emergency medical practitioners or even a bystander and does not include the administration of medicines or any invasive procedures.
The first step to take, if a person around you has had a fatal accident is to alert people around you and call for a doctor. Do not panic and try to keep the other bystanders from panicking as well, lie down the person on the floor with his head slightly raised and chin tilted back. Ensure the safety of the patient and look out for danger from traffic, fire, electricity, gas or other environmental hazards. Check the person’s response by calling out to him or shaking him gently. Look over the person’s body for injuries and check to see, if the person’s airways are clear. Look out for gum, toothpick, undissolved medicines, etc. However, do not put your finger in the person’s mouth as this may push the cause of obstruction deeper into the person’s throat.
Place your fingers in front of the person’s nose and mouth to check for exhaled air. Chest movement can also indicate how well the person is able to breathe. If the patient can breathe, do not let him make any abrupt movements and wait for medical assistance. If the person is not breathing, check his pulse and begin chest compressions.
One compression cycle consists of 30 compressions and two recovery breaths. To perform chest compressions, kneel beside the person’s chest. Interlock the fingers of both your palms and place them on the person’s sternum. Ensure that your elbows are not bent and your arms are perpendicular to the person’s body. Press down on the person’s chest twice in rapid succession. This completes one compression. If after 30 compressions, the person has not started breathing on his own, you may give the person two rescue breaths. Pinch the person’s nose shut and cover their mouth with yours. Blow enough air in to make their chest rise. The compression cycle can be repeated five times after which the person’s breathing and circulation must be checked again.
I have some sexual prob sir/mam, my wife wish that I should lick hur pussy before intercourse, n I want to do but there is a very bad smell in her pussy, now wht should I do in this help us.
Dear sir /mam ager mera bf Pussy mai fingering krta hai too kya ise pregnancy ho skte hai please reply in hindi.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.