Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya PatilYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex! To be honest I'm at the age when such stuff happens but now I'm worried about STD which I should think prior I had unprotected sex. I don't really know the lady I was been with was clean. Please someone do help with suggestions or a precaution I could take prior I get HIV positive. honestly this is not the first time I had unprotected sex but I should mention till now I had no issues in my sexual life. Don't know why I'm worried after last night. I request someone to recommend a test or a preventive suggestion which would not let me ruin my compete life. In return I swear to God I'll get married in 2017 and not do such again! Please Suggest something! FYI I never had sex with the same ladies. I never had bloody or painful urination. I never had swelling or rashes on my part. I wash part immediately after sex. Please let me know what preventive care I should take?
I am 19 years old. My boyfriend and I had romance for sometime but after that we crossed our limits. He ejaculates on my breast I touched it and after few minutes I touched my vagina. I took niel72 pill after 24 hrs will there be a chance for my pregnancy.
I am 23 years old, my period have got delayed .Due to that I am experiencing mood swings and irritation and itching in my lower waist portion .What should I do and or these could be the symptoms of pregnancy?
My wife's monthly period has been stopped. It was from 10th june, we have made a pregnancy test yesterday and it is positive. So please tell me what can we do first now? she also having fever from 4 days and not taking medicines by afraiding. So please give a solution as soon as possible.
I 20 years old and I am taking femilon contraceptive pills. Can I donate blood to my father and as my family don't know of me taking pills can it be detected while donating blood? I don't want anyone to know about me taking pills.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid produced in the stomach starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, among others.
So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list:
- Control weight: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: The LES or the muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing, in order to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go gluten free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut ingredients, including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tract can handle.
- Other dietary measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit, so that food can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and well timed meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and doing exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.
I am 17 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend in the month of April and I consumed unwanted 72 pill next day after doing sex. Doctor my question is this that I don't get my periods till today in June I had completed 2 months what is this doctor ? Is after consuming this pill periods gets delay and how much delay? 1, 2or 3 months plzz tell.
M in running 17 week and no problem accept leg pain. Pl recommend exercises during pregnancy 17 weeks.
I am 25 years old. I did not get periods for the last four months. Please suggest me any pills to get them immediately.
I had a unprotected sex with my boyfriend and after that I took ipill! Is there change of me becoming pregnant?
Im 18 years old I have periods problem of irregular time sometimes comes after date in 4 5 days or sometimes directly after 1 month why is this so. please help.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
After how many weeks of Medicine abortion, I can sexually involve with my partner? And also tell me how to count abortion weeks. Is it from the date on which I took my medicine or from which I got bleeding?
So, couples can avoid pregnancy and enjoy sex life fully, only if they can follow safe and effective contraceptive advice. Let me clarify some popular myths and misconceptions abut contraception.
1. one contraception is useful for all
While the ideal contraceptive is necessary but it does not exist. So, what may seem suitable for a couple may not be useful for another couple. We need to assess various points like number of children they have, wish to have further children and plan to have children, general health of wife and husband (and any diseases they suffer from), frequency of intercourse, chance of infection, age of the partners etc.
2. Regarding barrier methods
Most popular barrier method is male condom. But the myths are that" condoms reduce sexual pleasure" and" condoms get easily damaged leading to failure.
Condoms are specially useful for those who are at risk of infections, who do not have very frequent intercourse and who are not suitable for other methods. Condoms do not decrease sexual pleasure, some of the condoms have medicated products which can increase the duration of intercourse and also act as lubricant to facilitate intimacy.
But men should know how to use it properly. It should be worn in erect penis expelling all the air and projecting the tip beyond the tip of penis. While withdrawing penis after intercourse, the condom should be held at the base of the penis. Actually failure/ rupture of condoms occur because of mishandling of condom or not knowing proper use of it. So, before use, please make sure that you know its correct use.
Definitely some men can feel latex allergy and they have to use non-latex condom, which are widely available.
There are barrier methods for females also- like female condom, diaphragm and cervical cap etc. But they are not very ease to use and are not so popular.
3. Oral contraceptive pills (ocp)
Myths-" ocp causes increase in weight" ocp causes cancers.
Facts- ocp seldom causes gain in weight. The gain in weight is coincidental, that means you have some other reason of gaining weight- like not having exercise, ignoring diet control and some other diseases.
Ocp rather reduces risk of cancer- especially ovarian cancer (which is very difficult to diagnose and very lethal), cancer of colon, cancer of endometrium (inner lining of uterus). Of course, there is little risk of breast cancer, but the risk is not very high, it can be easily detected by examination by doctor. So, if you take ocp, get rid of all the fears. Just try to have self- breast examination every month.
4. Intrauterine contraceptive devices (iucd)-
Most popular is copper t. Medicated iucds are also available, that contains hormonal drugs.
Copper t does not increase risk of infection, a common misconception lies among woman.
5. Emergency contraceptive pills (i pill etc).
Often couple uses these pills regularly after intercourse. Remember these pills contain very high content of hormonal drugs, which can lead to serious side effects like hormonal imbalance, irregularities in periods (and thus can prevent you from getting pregnant in future, even when you want pregnancy), ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside tubes that are life-threatening) etc. So, use regular contraception if you want to prevent pregnancy. I pill is not meant to be taken for every time of sex.
Ligation of male (vasectomy) and female (tubectomy) is done as permanent contraception for couples having more than 2 children. Ligation in male does not disturb sexual activity. It is easier than female ligation. Again, female ligation is also a very safe technique.
So, please remove all misconceptions and myths about contraception. Have safe sex, enjoy life.