Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JainYour feedback matters!
Chest pain while coughing, stomach pain (pinching, hard stool. What these symptoms signifies? Will you give some kind of medication for relief?
Sir my age is 23. My height is 6 ft my weight is 80 kg. Sir I have habit of masturbating since 6 years. I used to masturbate daily but from last 3 years I was doing 5 times daily upto now. Due to which my penis became so small flaccid 2 inch and erect 4 inch. And testicles also became so small. Ver small. Will I be able to marry and satisfy my wife. Will I be able to become father in future when I will marry?
I have multiple scattered calcific foci with healed granulomatous in my parietal lobe of brain as discovered 10 years back. I had 4 major siezures and 4 simple partial focal siezures till date. I am on a eptoin 300mg a day since 5 years. Can I consume alcohol ?
My sister faces the astmaa in after 4 years. And take medicine properly. BT she not feel good. please suggest that. She feel better.
I am a female 19 year old I don't have proper periods and having constipation, piles, hairfall. I'm over weight and not able to lose weight. What should i do?
Suffering from premature ejaculation. Ejaculate within 20 to 40 seconds. Taken sustinex 30 and 60 both, andriol testocaps, confido, as suggested bt doc but no help. Recently using lidocaine spray. Can you please suggest permanent solution.
Hi, am suffering from heavy acidity / heart burn after having any food throughout the day. This problem at its highest after having dinner, I made some changes, like not drinking too much water immediately after food, quick walk after food still problem is same. Kindly suggest what to do?
I'm 30 year I have neuro problem I will get weakness soon I can't hold any object for long time it will drop from my hand. Please give any suggestion.
I am a 28yr old male and have piles (hemorrhoidals) for last 2 yrs. Now -a-days I am suffering pain from hemorrhoidas. What should I do?
Unable to eat as severe pain in throat also suffering from constipations also having headache. what to do for all of them?
I have cold from last 20 days I have taken medicines regularly but it does not cure. Can you tell is this any symptom of swine flu?
My ear was pierced when I was small, it has not closed anytime yet, few days back I had an itching inside the hole, I put some cream, get it was not solved so I put a cream to an earring and wore it and them the I was fine. Now again I have an itching inside the hole .please note I don not have allergy or infection, and I do not wear earring. Should I wear them to remove the itching.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.