Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JadhavYour feedback matters!
My baby is suffering from loose motion from 2-3 days. She is doing 5-6 times in a day. What is the remedy (if there's home remedy)?
I am from noida. I want to tell you about my daughter. Sir I have a daughter her age is 1.9 yrs. She does not eat properly. She do not like milk and food but sometimes she drink only fruity sir please tell me the treatment of this type of like. Please tell me the medicine which will be helpful for my daughter for hunger. Thanks
Breastfeeding has shown to have an incredible impact on the growth and development of an infant on account of the nutrients which are provided to the baby. The mental development which occurs due to breastfeeding is said to show even years from the time that a person was an infant. When a person considers just how important breastfeeding truly is, she would not want to make a mistake, would she?
A lot of new mothers are concerned, if their babies seem to fall asleep while feeding a lot quicker than they should. As a matter of fact, they worry that the babies will not get enough breast milk and this can stunt the development of the young ones. While this is true, it can be said that a few steps taken can make sure of the fact that there would be nothing for the mothers to worry about.
- Inadequate consumption: It is natural for a baby to have a tendency to fall asleep, after all, that rapid rate of growth is likely to consume a lot of energy. In order to make sure the baby consumes enough milk prior to falling asleep, what should be done is that the mother should transfer the baby from one breast to the other one when she notices that the rate at which the baby is consuming is slowing down. The effect this has is to make sure that the rate of transfer is maximised; as the fastest rate, the milk transfers is when the baby begins suckling, for the first few minutes.
- Risk of Infection: Taking into due account what a sensitive and important process breastfeeding is, it can be said that an infection is something which can disrupt the process. One of the infections happens to be thrush. This is one which can spread from the mouth of the baby to the breasts of the mother. The effects of the infection include soreness and possibly even a rash. A doctor would probably provide the patient with some anti-fungal medication in order to fight the infection off.
- Latching problems: Another issue which is faced by new mothers is that there is a pain when the baby is to latch on to the nipple. In order to reduce this, what can be done is that the mother can try keeping the baby in a position to cover as much of the area under the nipple than over and adjust the baby to cover the nipple when he or she yawns.
These are just some of the common issues faced by new mothers. However, following a few simple measures can ensure that the experience of breastfeeding is most satisfying for both mother and child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have 2 month baby. While feeding. My breast got cut (wounded) on one side. What I should do now please help me. How to feed baby when it pains.
My nine year old boy weighs about 27kg and he looks very slim. Even after having balanced diet he is not gaining please help me specially any nutritionist or dietician. He is bit hyperactive and dont like resting. He is too active.
HPV Vaccination quadrivalent (Gardasil) (whether Nonavalent now in India) in Kolkata, cost, availability, how to get same for my daughter 12 years (is there any side effects), how many does required, time interval, any other concern, prerequisites.
My 3.5 month old baby start drool a lot and also chew anything every time. I think he is teething. Can I give calcarea phos to him.
My 4 years old baby boy of late complains of severe abdominal pain in upper portion around navel area, I applied medicine after seeing doctor, no he is not getting any relief, what should I do? what is causing the pain?
My son of 9 years studying in 5th standard is diagnosed with adhd with learning difficullty. Its minor but still there. He forgets the things and has lack of concentration resulting commit silly mistakes. Since I am aware of it now I have started behaving nicely and diplomatically. He is improving as far a behaviour is concerned. But still memory and careless mistakes problems are there. Please guide me so that at home I can help him to come out of this problem. Should I go for ourtside help means classes for adhd kids?
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
My 4 months baby girl suffering from diarrhea for last 15 days after rotavirus & opv3, dtwp3, hib3 vaccination what should I do? Already consulted pediatrician, they gave econorm sachet & toxim o antibiotic. What should I do now?
Hello my daughter is 18 months old. Her weight is 9.3 kg. She is not at all having good quantity of food. She eats only 4 spoons of food. Does she have correct weight? Some of my cousins are suggesting me to use vitamin supplements. If you using vitamin supplements at that age is good. What should I use her? She drinks 2 cups of plain milk. Should I add some powder to the plain milk?
My son is 16 years old but he is not interested in social occasions withdraws himself to talk to people, he does not concentrate , does not have much interest in life , very lazy or else he is very good person.
I have 7yrs old son and he is suffering with adenoid transcle since 3yrs and he is taking prescribed medicines, now doctor advice is to go for surgery. Is it compulsary for the children. Once our doctor said that these transcles will cure automatically when the boy grows. Doubts ------------- 1) if the surgery is necessary how much it cost 2) after the surgery throat is effected or not 3) does it effect the other child.
My son 14 years old. Very thin and looks weak while as he is very active physically and mentally. My issue is with his height just 4.7' and weight 33 kgs. For the last three years, am running here n there for his improvement. But wasted money and time. Will you advise me?
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.