Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya JadhavYour feedback matters!
My baby 5 months old accidentally touched hot rice and burnt her hand. There two small blisters on her finger. Please suggest remedy.
Hi all, My friend have 4 years old son, we couldn't find his left side testis, we noticed this before 6 months only no other having this problem in his circle, he not feeling any pain there and hE is healthy like other child, will it make any problem to his feature, what kind of specialist we need to consult.
Hello doctor, My 10 months old infant is passing very hard stool that too not passing completely. I am giving more water but still the same thing is happening please suggest what to do.
My daughter is 5 years old. She falls sick almost every month either it is throat infection or stomach infection. Is there any medicine to help her develop her immunity? also what protein food should I give her?
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
I need some information about my baby she's 17 days old in head water no noise upper lip cut I am submitting her reports CT scan ultrasound.
In my child kaniska she was 5.5 years old. He was wheezing trouble for past 3 years. Now I was admitted in G.K hospital for high temperature fever, running nose on 06.09.16. Now the fever controlled but cough is increased at nighttime. Please give the solution for my child.
Hi my son is 5 months old and his potty is continuously green from last two months after treatment only day he does yellow potty Potty is semi solid Dr. may I know what is the reason of it. Is it any infection. And his weight is normally increasing.
My Son His Birth Weight Is 3.5 kgs Now He Is 1.3 years And His Weight Is 8 kgs He Is Not Gaining weight even after Feeding Healthy Food But There Is No Use Of It.what to do?
My 10 months old daughter is suffering from 102 degrees fever since last night, I am giving her paracetamol drops but fever is not getting down, what should I do?
How can I take care of me ,my baby and my hubby? My husband is looking very weak because of job. My baby is used to force for gas but sometime he force but she doesn't pass gas that time her face become red. She is only of 2 month. Is it problem? And I am operated during delivery.
Thumb or finger sucking is common in infants through the first year of their lives. A child usually turns to his thumb when he is tired, upset or bored.
A child younger than five years should not be pressured to stop thumb sucking. While majority of children give up such habits on their own before they enter school, about 15 percent of children continue thumb sucking past their fifth birthday. This is an age when teasing often starts, causing difficulties for children.
Apart from this, thumb sucking can also lead to dental problems. A child who is still sucking his thumb by age five, when permanent teeth start coming in, may develop an abnormal bite. In addition, prolonged thumb sucking can cause minor physical problems, such as chapped lips or cracked skin, calluses, or fingernail infections.
The effects of thumb sucking are usually reversible until the age of seven because children still have their deciduous (baby) teeth. If thumb sucking continues beyond that age, when the second teeth are erupting, permanent dental problems can occur.
There are various things you can do to help your child stop thumb sucking:
1. Reward your child and offer encouragement - For example, with a hug or praise to reinforce their decision to stop the habit.
2. Limit nagging - If children feel they are being nagged they will become defensive.
3. Mark their progress on a calendar - For example, place a star or a tick for each period (such as a day or week) that the child does not suck thumb or finger. Provide a special outing or a toy if the child gets through the period successfully.
4. Encourage bonding - For example, with a special toy.
5. Reminders - Give the child a mitten to wear as a reminder not to suck, or place unpleasant tasting nail paint (available from chemists) on the fingers or thumb. Placing a band aid over the thumb at bedtime is another reminder.
6. Offer distractions - While a child is watching tv, have toys available for children to play with. Sit with the child during this time and give a cuddle to help them not to suck. In the car, have toys available to keep children occupied.
7. Talk to your pediatrician and your child's dentist, who may recommend appropriate treatment that prevents thumb sucking.