Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
Parents need to do everything possible to ensure their kids are in good health and shielded from preventable diseases. Vaccination is an ideal approach for the same. Vaccination shields children from serious sickness and the complications of diseases that can be prevented by vaccination. This can include removal of an arm or leg, loss of motion of limbs, hearing loss, paralysis, brain damage and even death. Vaccination is very safe and is always successful. All the vaccines go through a long and cautious survey by researchers, specialists, and the government to ensure they are safe to use.
Here are a few reasons as to why vaccination is very important:
- It will keep you healthy: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prescribes vaccination for the duration of your life to protect you against numerous infections and diseases. When you skip vaccination, you expose yourself and make yourself helpless against sicknesses, for example, chicken pox, pneumonia, flu and HPV and hepatitis B, both being the leading causes of cancer.
- Preventing the ones around you from getting ill: A vaccine preventable disease that may make you sick for a week or two could prove to be deadly for your children, grandchildren, or parents in case it spreads to them. When you get vaccinated, you are preventing this. For instance, grown-ups are the most widely recognised sources of pertussis (whooping cough) disease in newborn children, which can be fatal for babies.
- Some diseases have expensive treatments: A normal flu sickness can last up to fifteen days, regularly with five or six missed workdays. Grown-ups and adults who get hepatitis can lose at least one month of work and can get chronically ill in some cases. This can hinder your work which in turn can burn a hole in your pocket. Some of these vaccine-preventable diseases are very expensive to treat.
- Young and healthy people get ill too: Newborn children and the elderly are at a more serious danger for dangerous infections and diseases, however, vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anybody. In case you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you remain as such.
- Vaccines are important to overall health besides a good diet: Like eating solid foods, working out, and getting regular check-ups, vaccination assumes a crucial part in keeping you sound and healthy. Antibodies are a standout amongst the most advantageous and most secure preventive measures available.
- They protect the future generations: Vaccines have decreased and, now and again, eliminated a number of diseases that were responsible for seriously handicapping a large number of people until a couple of years back. For instance, smallpox or chicken pox vaccines have been responsible for decreasing the infection around the world. This is the reason why your children do not require the smallpox shots anymore because the infection does not exist on the ground and has been completely eliminated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized and ask a free question.
We had unprotected sex last night & is it ok to take emergency contraceptive pill, she is taken the same 2 months before, I wanted to know about the side effects of the pill if she takes once in a months or 2. Or if you suggest any other methods to prevent the pregnancy.
Hi Sir, I am married since 4 years. After marriage I put on weight around 30 kg now I started gym and dieting what else I should do?
Period not come expected date was 27 Feb but still did not came but a white fluid is discharge some time from vagina what could be the reason am I pregnant of its just an infection.
I have enquiry about my wife. She is not ready for sex just behave like ignore this thing. What I do for her.
Pls pls help me I am in a very bad condition I think I have infection in my vagina due to which I have vaginal itching in the vaginal opening nd its surroundings pls suggest me sum medicine to cure it as whn itching start it doesn't end early pls help I request you ol suggest me sum medicine will b highly obliged to you ol.
I masturbate in the morning than I had sex with my girlfriend in the evening. Though I did not cum inside her vagina. I pull it out. Will she get pregnant?
I want to cure piles, because I am having some disorder while going urine, I feel very itchy and sometime blood came out with urine.
Women who have abnormally large breasts usually tend to develop them during adolescence or during pregnancy. Large breasts can cause physiological problems apart from being unsightly. Some of the problems commonly reported by women include back and neck problems. Let's explore one of the most common methods of breast reduction known as the keyhole method.
What is the keyhole method of breast reduction?
The Keyhole method of breast reduction is the most commonly prescribed form of breast reduction surgery. In this method the doctor places an anchor or a keyhole shaped incision around the areola extending to the underside of the breast. Then a small device is inserted to melt fat and a low power vacuum is used to extract it. After this is done the area is stitched up reducing the breast size.
The extent of the incision:
The length and breadth of the incision can vary from case to case. However, the following areas usually tend to have scarring:
- The area around the nipple known as the areola: A round circular incision is made around the areola to open up this section of the breast.
- Downwards from the areola to underside of the breast: This is where the keyhole shape comes into prominence as this is an extension of the incision to open up the breast.
- The area on the underside of the breast along a horizontal curve: This may vary in extent from patient to patient depending upon how much tissue needs to be removed and thus may be larger or smaller.
The advantages of keyhole method of breast reduction:
There are many valid reasons why this method is the most prescribed and most popular form of breast reduction. Let's look at some of the reasons below.
- The most minimally invasive method: Conventional breast reduction may employ techniques, which open up the breast, which is a longer and more complicated form of surgery, and thus the keyhole method being the least invasive has its own advantages.
- Lesser scars: With other forms of breast reduction, the scars along the incision lines may be much larger. With the keyhole method, much of the scarring is hidden away due the shape of the incision as well as the size being smaller.
- Quicker healing: Most forms of keyhole surgery use liposculpture or the extraction of fat rather than full excision of tissues and thus it generally translates to quicker healing. Even in cases where excision is performed, healing still tends to be quicker with this method as the incisions tend to be smaller.
I am having small granules scattered in my vagina. they appear like pimples inside and on the outer walls. I dont want to undergo any surgery since it has just appear kindly suggest some medicine to get rid at initial stage. Thank you.
I'm 29 years old 5 months before married .unfortunately I had did two times medical abortion first in 9th April for 5 weeks pregnant and it was proceeded successfully after getting scan it is clear and then after 11th may I got my periods as normal as earlier for 4-5 days . Then after some days I feel same symptoms of pregnancy and I did pelvic scan on 12th june for conformation then I found that I'm pregnant of 4-5 weeks and then I had few blood cramps on 16th june then Dr. suggest me to do another pelvic scan and after that sonography reports shows that there is no growth in sac and I'm also feeling very uncomfortable then Dr. suggest me to do medical abortion as soon as possible then she prescribed me some abortion medicine 2 tabs of 200 mg milestone to take in early morning in empty stomach on 18th june and then after 2 days on 20th June 4 tabs of 200 mg misoprostol taken bucally in the gap of one hr then I started heavy bleeding with cramps and clots for two days then after it is get normal as period bleeding for 6 days then after gap of 2-3 days I get few bleeding then it's stopped and on 4th July today I'm also getting some bleeding today my gyeac advice me to do pelvic scan for conformation of successful expelled of pregnancy it is done in bleeding or I should wait until its finished what is best to do and I'm very scared for my health. Suggest me best advice for my problems and health related issues for further pregnancy which we are planned after 18 months . And some nutrients also which I required for weakness after 2 unfortunate abortions.
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have active motility 10% normal morphology 60% and count as 2million. I have undergone medication 4 months back. I am still trying for a baby. But unable to succeed so far. Could you please tell me what should I do.
Hi doctors. I'm 21years old female. My last period was on 28th January but till today I have not. I made home preg test result came positive so yesterday I went to doctor suggested me blood test and scanning. In scanning told tat yolk sac present, single intrauterine gestation with gestational sac corresponding to 6 weeks. and advice follow up scan for fetal viability. Now my question is I'm in close to 7th week, then why still heart beat has not started still? Why it has been delayed? I'm scared please suggest me wat should I do to take care of my baby to grow healthy Doctor told to come after 2 weeks for scan so that heart beat will develop.
I am having an inverted nipples. Is there a need of concern about it. It was like this since my childhood. Should I worry about this?
A woman is considered to have an infertility or sterility problem when she is unable to conceive a child after at least one year of unprotected, regular, well-timed intercourse.
Infertility also includes an inability to maintain a pregnancy or carry a child to live birth, as described by the World Health Organization.
Female infertility accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases, according to the American Pregnancy Association. In fact, it affects an estimated 48 million women worldwide.
In women, fertility can be affected by various health problems, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine fibroids, anemia, thyroid problems, blocked fallopian tubes, Candida and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Other factors, such as heavy drinking, smoking, age (older than 35), obesity, excessive stress, a history of irregular or painful periods, a poor diet and intense physical training, can also increase a woman’s risk of infertility.
Experiencing infertility is emotionally painful for any woman and can lead to anxiety, isolation, extended periods of depression, and an inability to concentrate on daily tasks.
With techniques such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) or surrogacy, many women struggling with infertility are eventually able to have a child. However, these techniques are very expensive and some women simply cannot afford them.
There are natural and herbal treatments that also can help fight the root cause of infertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant. Lifestyle factors, such as regular exercise and following a healthy diet, can also help.
I married 2 years ago. My problem is not get time when my sex time. So unable to give happy to my wife. Please advise me doctor.
This medicinal herb can pretend like any other fresh salad, and it will keep free radicals away from the cells of your body.
Scientists claim that its daily consumption prevents the appearance of tumors, and it helps the work of enzymes that clean and regenerate the liver and is a natural diuretic.
Water and lemon
Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, and is known for being helps to burn fat and detoxify.
A glass of water with lemon every morning to help regulate digestion, refresh and refine your body.
Dark leafy greens
Vegetables dark, green leaves increases the level of chlorophyll in the digestive tract, which helps the body to get rid of toxins of the environment.
Fruits contain vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, and recommended its consumption as much as possible. Apples, pears, oranges – no matter whatever you are eating, it is only to be fresh.
Cabbage is known for its qualities of “cleansing” of the liver. You can eat it as a salad or as a veg.
Numerous studies have shown that artichokes are very good for the liver and bile bag.
They also contain high levels of cynarin that prevents indigestion of food and stimulates healthy digestion.
If you have a problem with the gall purse, be sure to eat beetroot.
Its fibers are helping production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver that help the gallbladder and liver to eliminate toxic substances in the body.
Garlic is a good friend of your liver, because it helps to get rid of free radicals that are produced in the body.
Additionally, garlic is known for its healing properties in a number of diseases.
Green tea contains high levels of catechins, which speed up liver activity and increases the production of enzymes for detoxification.
It is recommended that at least two cups a day.
Whole grains should always be your choice! As well as containing high levels of nutrients and antioxidants, they are rich in fiber and that will help to regulate digestion.
So, instead of white bread, always opt for one whole grain.