Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
Have not got my periods this month.am 42. Have one 12 yr old son.gen get it in a 28 or 30 day cycle.i was v weak recently and had my blood sugar bp low.i am worried .pl help.
I m 36 yrs old woman. I got my last periods in january. Since december im under treatment of endometrium thickness nd was consuming sevista tablets from january to may 3 once a week. May 9 - 11 I had unprotected sex. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant even though I missed my periods since january nd also used sevista tablets. Kindly advice.
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms. Let us find out more about this condition.
- Routine: Hyperemesis Gravidarum usually strikes as a matter of routine at a set time everyday where the patient will either be in unappetising company of acute and painful acidity and nausea, or will also be vomiting.
- Severity: The severity of the condition usually decreases as the patient's pregnancy progresses. Usually, this condition strikes around the fourth or fifth week of pregnancy, before becoming better towards the middle of the second trimester. There are cases, though, where it continues to be just as severe till the very end of the pregnancy.
- When to take action: The patient may have to be hospitalised in case too much vomiting takes place, so as to prevent excess loss of water and salt from the body, and resultant weakness which may affect the growth of the foetus. Also, it is best to call the doctor when you have experienced fainting and dizzy spells.
- Causes: Hyperemesis Gravidarum or excessive vomiting during pregnancy cannot be attributed to any specific or single cause. Usually, it is known to be a genetic condition passed down by mothers to their daughters. But in most cases, doctors believe that the condition is due to hormonal changes, where an increase in the HCG hormone, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone level during pregnancy may lead to a variety of symptoms such as morning sickness or excessive vomiting. This hormone is known to be at its peak during pregnancy.
- Risk Factors: It has mostly been seen that women who are carrying twins are at risk of suffering from this condition. Also, women who have suffered from chronic motion sickness in the past report excessive vomiting during pregnancy.
- Treatment: The best way to treat this issue is to prevent too much of nausea and vomiting with the help of a bland diet that does not have heavy to digest ingredients. Also, it is best to take small and frequent meals.
Working your way around excessive vomiting during pregnancy is a matter of ensuring that you take rest, fluids and other precautions.
Related Tip: "6 Do’s and Don’ts of Working During Pregnancy "
I think my wife is pagenent, but now we do not want child, because now she is soo week. And she is not ready for it. Period date was about 13 august. But still its not happen. I am soo worry. Please help us.
Hello doctor, Recently 3 months back I got normal delivery in 5th month due to leaking of aminoic fluid After that I gained too much wait Now I am 101 kgs and height 5'5 Please give me diet chart and suggest types of exercises. Thankyou.
Hi Doctors I am 14 year old girl and today some blood comes from my vagina .it is first time that blood come from my vagina .i don't know why it come .it was so paining .please help me to reduce it. I do not know about it please doctor please help me.
I am 20 years old. I had sex yesterday with my boyfriend using condoms. I have my periods date on 10th october. Whether I should take i-pill? If I will not get my periods on the same date then? am I pregnant.
Hi I just got married a week back it was love marriage the only problem we are facing in our sex life are at the time of intercourse seems it never entered into the vagina she started screaming a little push a touch also make her scream with the pain now I am planning for kids I don't know how it's going to be tried so many ways like applies gel lubricant but seems it creating a mess. Now how do I get rid of it should I are she has to undergo any surgery. She asked me to do it forcefully once but it never happened by me she is bit chubby so I quit every time please let me know if there is any way we can skip it.
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, This question is like Whenever we have sex after that my wife suffers from urine or vaginal infection. She has gone thru treatments for that. We have taken care of hygiene and all every time we do, but still it affects her. What to do in this case? Do I need to go under some treatment for this? Please help me in this.
My follicle size is 11 mm /12 mm on day 3 of periods. But all of my tests are good like fsh, lh,amh etc. I tried for conceiving but could not. What shall I do? How will it normalise. I am in tense. Kindly help me.
Hi doctor am 27 years old. I got married 2 years before. Last month I confirmed my pregnancy. Bt the 60th day baby heart beat was suddenly stopped. So I done my abortion. So Dr. please said what was the major reason y done like this. And also I want to know that how many days we need to wait for trying nxt pregnancy.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
4. Doctoral prescriptions are not needed to procure female condoms.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir am a female 21 years old I was having irregular periods and it took 15 days to complete, now am getting severe back and I couldn't stand straight because of pain Pain is locking my legs, can not even walk straight.
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
What to do to Relieve Back Aches during Pregnancy?
Back pain is a common symptom seen during pregnancy. The pain mostly occurs in the lumbar region, the lower region of the spine. About half of the women who are pregnant may suffer from back pain during pregnancy.
Your provider may suggest you various methods and techniques to relieve your back pain. The treatment mainly includes medicines and physiotherapy.
Relieving Back Pain:
Many techniques used to manage back pain are accepted across the world. Treating the cause of pain is considered to be the best method. There are classes that focus on the basic anatomy, biomechanics, correct posture and relaxation methods. If they fail to give the desired results, then you may contact your provider and physical therapist for instructions on the same. Back pain cannot be prevented fully, but you can decrease the frequency and severity of the pain by:
- Practicing good posture: As the trimester advances the centre of gravity shifts forward. This may cause forward falling. Women usually compromise this falling by leaning back. This strains the back muscles. To correct this posture you should stand straight and tall, hold your chest high with shoulders relaxed. Avoid locking of your knees and widen your feet while standing. This prevents forward falling. Always choose a good comfortable chair with pillow while sitting.
- Heat and Cold: Using heat and cold is an effective way to relieve back pain. Start by placing a cold pack (pack of frozen peas) to the pain area for 15 to 20 minutes during the first few days. After 2 or 3 days apply hot packs for the same time. DO NOT apply heat to the abdomen.
- Exercises: Regular exercises not only strengthen the muscles but also boost healing of the strained muscles. The intensity of exercise depends upon your life style before and during pregnancy. Walking, Swimming, and Static Cycling are considered to be the best exercises to relieve back pain during pregnancy.
- Lifting: A proper lifting technique is very important to take care of. Always take care to bend your knees, keeping your back straight to pick up things. Always talk to your provider before lifting any heavy object.
- Counselling: Stress related back pain can always be relieved by talking to a counsellor.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture not only relieves pain during pregnancy but also helps in curing nausea. It is the safest method of managing back pain during the first two trimesters. Take care about certain points, which may induce labour. Researchers have also shown that acupuncture works far much better than heat, massage or any other form of exercise.
Ideally, you should always talk to your provider before you start any of the treatments.
When to call your Health Care Provider
Back pain usually relieves by itself in the first few days if the above treatment methods are followed with care. Contact your provider in case you suffer from:
- Pain that gets worse in spite of the treatment
- Numbness or tingling in the upper or lower limbs