Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 23 years old. I am suferring pcod problem my family said its difficult to conceive and I am recently married. Is there no cure for this disease.
When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others. ~eda leshan
Most women have been taught since childhood to put their family's needs first. In fact, in our society, one of the main qualities of being feminine is being selfless. Women have not only become comfortable with looking into other family members needs but also perfected the art.
When women are asked to bring themselves back into the picture, it very often feels as if we are asking them to break some rule of womanhood or doing something forbidden. But think about it for a moment, if you do not take the time to nurture yourself and refresh your energy stores, how can you truly care for others?
You wouldn't send your child off to school hungry or send your husband off to office without his lunch tiffin. Yet you are continually pushing yourself past the breaking point and ignoring the fact that there will be negative effects due to the continual denial of your body's needs. Think back to the last time you had a disturbance free breakfast or a relaxed lunch or dinner with your family. The reality is, you have to come first- at least some of the times. This may seem an uncomfortable thought, but think about it this way: only if you can take care of your health, can you take care of others.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is an essential part of creating a healthy life that you can love. When you make yourself a part of your family equation, you create a healthy balance in your family's health.
Some tips for you to relearn how to take care of your health:
- don't start your day on an empty stomach. At least, have a fruit or a cup of milk within 15 minutes of getting up in the morning. You need the energy to make the breakfast for your family and yourself.
- avoid long gaps in between your main meals. Carry some healthy mini snack with you always in case you are working out of home or are in office.
- avoid finishing your child's left over meals. Over eating like this will not help anyone.
- avoid always being the one to eat the leftover meals. Try to learn to cook a moderate amount so that there is not food left over for the next day.
- try and make a habit of drinking water regularly.
- try to prepare a dish you love at least once a fortnight. It's not always about what your husband or child love to eat. Treat yourself too with the foods you have always eaten as a child.
- eating your meals before at a certain time before your husband does is not a crime. Or at least, eat your meals with your family and not alone after everyone else has finished their meal.
- try and keep regular sleep and exercise timings.
- learn to say 'no' when you can't.
- always ask for help when you need it.
- you are a wife or a mom, not a superwomen or supermom. Learn to be realistic with your expectations of yourself.
- love your body the way it is and don't indulge in mindless 'crash diets'.
- practice and you won't have to preach. Remember your child will learn by observation so if you follow healthy habits your child will do the same as an adult.
- don't feel guilty about being compassionate and kind to yourself.
Remember health is a relationship between you and your body. Nurture this relationship.
Hi, I do not want to get pregnant due to intercourse as I am still studying. But my husband doesn't use contraception nor does he allow me to use contraceptive pills. Only thing he assures me is he will not ejaculate inside vagina. Will only this help out. Is there any remedy that I can follow so that I can avoid getting pregnant by any chance. Any home remedies also will be of great help.
Hi I am newly married but I am not happy with sex life with my partner because she don't want to do sex in different angles like from backside n top on me always in only direction me on top of her. Because she says get pain n our baby will be different and she wants finish off quickly please tell me if we do sex in different angles is it gone affect her in future. Please give suggestions so that my life will be happy thanks.
She has got cervix cerclage in feburary 13th on her 21st week of pregnancy, but 2 week later during sonography doctors observed that her cervix is start to open but without any pain so doctor has suggested for complete bed rest in inclined position. I want to know that is there is any chances of completing pregnancy duration i, e 37 week. She has history of 4 miscarriage at 5month, 2 month, 3 month and 6Month.
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
I am 30 years old male, I got married on 15 march this year. Its almost 2.5 months. My wife is not getting pregnant please guide.
We are late married I am 33 and my wife is 29, Is pregnancy after 30 years is risky for women, I heard delivery is difficult. please reply.
Hello Dr. last night my gf spend with me means just sleep together and do kiss but our badluck that we do not have control and slowly do all thing even intercourse but in morning she angry on me but is not only my fault? And second was when I insert my penis it go easily inside in vagina so she is not virgin or she do sex before?
My query is related to unwanted pregnancy. I was being intimate with my girlfriend. I had never penetrated her and she is still a virgin. But some of my pre ejaculate was on my fingers and I rubbed my fingers on her genitals but does not penetrated my fingers either. This incident took place 13 days ago on october 29. Her last periods started on 20th of october and ends on 23rd october. Again 3 days ago on 7th november we again have a moment and some of my pre ejaculate was on her hand. She fingered herself with that hand but again did not penetrated herself. After that we realised that there are some chances of pregnancy from pre ejaculate. Now we do not know should we take some preventive measures or not. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not? Please guide us through this situation. I studied online about this and came across following drugs: misoprostol. Should I give it to her or not? Please tell me about its side effects and precautions while taking it, or any other thing that might help. My girlfriend also have diagnosed PCOS and have irregular periods from starting. She is also complaining about backache and have observed white fluid coming from her vagina.
I am married since 2 years and I and my wife are planning for a baby since last 6 months but she is not conceiving and I am very about and want to know is there any way to weather the problem is with me or my wife so that we can take treatment accordingly please help.
Today was my 10th day and I went for follicle cycle the right ovaries is 13 mm and left ovaries is 12 Small then my doctor send me for hgm 75 injection and called me for another follicle cycle on 12 day so the report is normal or complicated please tell me.
My girlfriend always asking me to have sex with her .but what to do to prevent pregnancy with out using condom. I would ask about any contraceptive pill which can be used? Please suggest.
A number of health problems are rooted in mental instability. Frequent bouts of anger and frustration can lead to stress and related problems. One of the most efficient ways of dealing with this instability and stress is meditation.
Vipasana is an ancient meditative technique that promises to allow a person to see the true nature of things. In Buddhist tradition, it literally translates to insight to the true reality of nature namely impermanence, suffering and the realization of non self. It focuses on self observation and the connection between mind and body and aims to eradicate mental impurities.
Vipasana meditation can be broken down into four stages.
Discovering Vitakka and Vicara: The first stage of Vipasana explores the connection between body and mind. This is done by concentrating on inhaling and exhaling and the feeling of air passing over the skin in front of the nose. Vitakka and vicara refer to the concentration and thought required to feel the connection between mind and body.
Disappearance of Vitakka and Vicara: In the second stage, the connection between mind and body is felt effortlessly. Thus, in this stage both vitakka and vicara fade away. This is known as anapana meditation and helps develop control over the mind.
Happiness: When a person reaches the third stage of vipasana, he stops focusing on emotions like pity, sadness, exuberance and only feels happiness. This frees the mind of negativity and hence purifies it.
Equanimity: The fourth and final stage is characterized by mindfulness and leads to clarity. At this stage, a person feels the desire for freedom and understands nature to be ever changing.
Vipasana is taught at a ten day residential program. Here, participants must adhere to a code of discipline that includes absolute silence and abstaining from any form of communication, sexual activity and substance abuse. Participants are taught the basics of the meditation technique and how to practice it but to benefit fully from it, regular meditation is necessary. Advanced vipasana students may attend 20, 30, 45 and 60 day courses to practice vipasana. An introduction to vipasana is also given to children in the form of short 3 day courses.
Ultimately, vipasana enables the practitioner to experience peace and harmony within oneself and with the rest of the world. It frees the mind from craving and hence also helps people abstain from social evils like stealing and killing. Thus, vipasana has the capacity to change minds and character and helps practitioners lead fulfilling, healthy lives.
Hi, I am 24 years old and my wife is 26. She lost interest in sex after pregnancy. What can I do for it?
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments.