Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya D.Telang
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya D.TelangYour feedback matters!
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to a social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Holistic Medicine Emphasizes Body, Mind and Soul
Sir/madam, my son is now 6 months male baby. He got a bottom one teeth at the time of 3rd month and another teeth came on next month itself at adjacent of first teeth. And now (6th month running) he got an another two teeth coming at top of his mouth. And his mother feel pain when giving breast milk for him. Because he bite his mother's nipple when feeding. Please suggest any solution!
Hi I have five kids I have 2 twin girls and 2 twin boys and my recent baby born in February all of my births have been natural but I want to receive sterilization surgery but my gyno wants to have an open vaginal surgery is there other options since not to long ago I gave birth and I had to get stitches but I don't want a big incision any options or procedures recommendable answer with details please &looking for a surgeon.
There are scores of myths about Homeopathy which are circulated to discredit this all natural and highly effective healing treatment. In this article we are going to dispel all the popular myths relating to homeopathy so that you can judge for yourself and grasp the science of homeopathy in a better way.
Myth #1: Homeopathy is just balls of sugar which comes with a placebo effect
This is an absolutely erroneous idea. Homeopathic medicines are not just sugar pills- they come in various forms like dilution, tablet, ointment, pellets, mother tincture etc. Homeopathy is becoming popular around the globe because it is gentle, non-toxic, and efficacious and a much cheaper alternative to allopathic medicine.
Myth #2: Allopathic medicines cannot be taken in combination with homeopathy
This is yet another popular misconception about homeopathy. As we know, allopathic medicines, when stopped altogether all of a sudden, can suddenly flare up the intensity of the symptoms. No competent homeopathy doctor would advise you to discontinue your allopathic medication abruptly. Generally, the dosage of the allopathic medicine is reduced till it is stopped when steady improvement sets in.
Myth #3: Intake of tea/coffee or onion and garlic is cut down in homeopathic treatment
Though this was a popular practice in homeopathy, no modern homeopathic doctor would restrict your consumption of beverages or onion/garlic. These substances will never interfere with the medicine as long as they are consumed in moderation while maintaining a time gap between these items and the medicine.
Myth #4: Homeopathic medicines take forever to bring in effects
The time required for the homeopathic medicine to act greatly depends on the disease itself. Acute diseases which build up quickly (such as headache, fever or common cold) can be very quickly treated with the right homeopathic medicine. However, chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, migraine, eczema, bronchitis etc., surely need some time to be completed cured.
Myth #5: Homeopathy works only in children
This is yet another common mistake most people make since homeopathy is known to work wonders for children and adults alike. When homeopathic medication is given to children or adults right at the onset of the symptoms, the disease is not only healed but the resistance of the child is also improved. Homeopathic medications would prevent the disease from becoming chronic.
Myth #6: Homeopathic is herbal or Ayurvedic medicine
Though Homeopathy makes use of microdoses of extracts from herbs and plants, it should never be confused with herbal or Ayurvedic medications. The science of homeopathy which had its origin in Germany is considerably different from the workings of other alternative medicines such as Ayurveda.
I am 25 years old n I had a cyst which was removed in 2008. Now I am married n planning to conceive. Any problem I can face or any suggestion for fastest n safest conceiving?
Most women follow some kind of routine to keep their private parts healthy. Often, some habits have a bearing on sex life and possible future risk of diseases like cancer - Avoid Douching the vagina - Douching and deep cleaning the vagina by pushing in cleansing liquids or using tissues to wipe the vagina from deep within is no longer considered healthy. It may be harmful and cause internal injuries and burns. Many decades back women used to douche using natural ingredients like yogurt for yeast infection but better treatment is now available and one should seek proper medical advice in case of any trouble
I am 22 years old girl from india. From last 2 years I am gaining weight day by day. I have irregular periods. Uric acid is around 7 mlc. I am having pcos as per doctors report. Please help to improve my health.
Dear Doctor, I am 11 weeks pregnant. My next scan is on 5th Nov when I complete my 3 months pregnancy. Today morning I had little bleeding, went to my doctor and she gave injection and asked to put tomorrow also and she said no need to worry. Please let me know why it's happening? Before also I got blood spotting 2-3 times. I'm really worried. Hope it will no effect my baby. Waiting for your kind reply please.
She is 48 may be she is near her menopause. She suffers from excessive bleeding after every 10 - 15 days. She is feeling very unconscious type all tym tired and low blood in body is it normal or way to concern.
My girl friends period was starting on 15th July and end on 21st july. We had unprotected sex on 22nd july. Just after next of period ends. There is any chance of pregnancy.
I have a girlfriend from five years and she get pregnant five times I gave her kitt table five times now she has a problem white water coming out Alway from her vagina sir please gave me a suggestion what to do.
- Coffee has been unfairly demonized. The truth is that it's actually very healthy.
- Coffee is high in antioxidants, and studies show that coffee drinkers live longer, and have a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and numerous other diseases