Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya D.TelangYour feedback matters!
Sir as my wife date of periods is 28 March as her last period was on 28 feb as today it is 30 but from past two days she is getting very little bleeding rare ones in a day, is she in period or pregnant pls we are not. Able to clear our mind as we are lil confused.
Dear Dr, I want to know that after delivery of baby in how many days couple will do safe Sex & what precaution take when doing first Sex after delivery. Kindly give ans in detail please
Dyspareunia (Painful Coitus)
Recurrent or persistent genital pain associated with sexual intercourse in either male or a female.
In females, the pain may be superficial during penetration or deep during penile thrusting. The intensity of pain may range from mild discomfort to sharp pain. On examination, no genital abnormalities are seen. Repeated genital pain during coitus may result in the avoidance of sexual activity, disrupting existing sexual relationships.
Females : Dyspareunia can be of psychogenic or organic in origin.
Pain in vaginal outlet and clitoris : If the hymen is intact, this is a source of irritation. Episiotomy scar can cause pain. Smegma accumulated under the foreskin of clitoris
Irritates the area and causes intense burning.
Pain in the vagina : One of the common causes is the failure to lubricate. This happens when the women have no affection, respect or understanding for her husband. Because of various fears like fear of pregnancy or of coitus, her natural response will be inhibited. Many women does not lubricate because of aging. Thin walls of vagina crack and bleed easily during the intercourse, causing discomfort that lasts for hours to days. Homosexual women will not lubricate in heterosexual activity. Infections of the vaginal or urinary tract will give rise to burning, itching or pain in the vagina. When there is itching and burning but no infection, sensitivity to the rubber of condom is a possibility.
Pain deep in the pelvis : Laceration or tears in the ligaments which support the uterus, caused by gang rape or criminal abortion may result into pain deep in the pelvis. It is associated with a backache, throbbing in pelvis, tired feeling
And painful menstruation . Endometriosis, infection in the cervix, uterus, and tubes cause pain during thrusting . Infection can be due to gonorrhea or of E.coil.Hysterectomy, tumors, and ovarian cysts can cause pain deep in the pelvis.
: Some men do not retract the prepuce during masturbation. Their glans of penis remains hypersensitive to touch. They find pain during coitus. In men with poor hygiene, the smegma accumulates on the glans, causing pain during coitus. Phimosis can cause pain during coitus. Allergy to condom rubber, jellies, foams and douching materials can give hypersensitivity reaction to the males. Infection of vaginal canal causes burning and itching. Fibrosis of penile tissue following a trauma causes pain during masturbation and intercourse.
: Reassurance, countering myths and misconceptions and supportive psychotherapy will be helpful in dyspareunia of psychogenic origin. Insufficient foreplay may lead to failure of lubrication in females. Thick hymen will need excision. Accumulation of smegma needs cleaning daily. Senile vaginitis requires hormonal replacement. Homosexual women are not amenable to any treatment.
Accidentally yesterday ,me and my husband were doing an unprotected sex. After that I take unwanted 72 pill within 1 hour. How will I confirm that am free from pregnancy or not? Please help.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
- See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
Hello sir/madam Meri shadi ko 1 saal ho gaya abi tak baccha nahin huwa madam ka monthly period 25 din bad aata your 5/6 din ruk jata ha us ki age 20 aur meri 25 Ask Nursing/Asst ne kaha Injection-Plscentrax 5/6 karo baccha ruk jayega Ab ap batwo ki kya karon sir ma sainik (fougi) hun aur wife k sath kam rehta hun.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
In female delivery cesarean and normal which is helpful for relief from pain. Which is better for future.
Is it Ok if we can have sex by giving anesthesia to my wife, she has suggested bcaz pain during sex (vaginismus) pls suggest anesthesia We tried lox 2% but it doesn't work.
Hi Dr,I have got married 2 years back still I didn't yet conceived should I wait for some more time or should I undergo any treatment.
Hello, I am taking levipil 500 mg twice daily, doctor has told me to take 3 years. I am worried about my health that is there any side effects taking levipil 3 years long will it affect my kidney, liver, bones etc. In these month I don't have my menstruation? I have cysts in my ovary which is very small, will this medicine effect my body parts? Pls help.
Hi, I want to ask question about my pregnant wife. She is pregnant 5th month is running. Can we have sex during Pregnancy.
Meri age height weight sb normal hai. Weight v 3 kg km kiya hai. March k baad period band ho gaya or july me ja k period hua. To doc ko dikhaya to pcod ki problem small cysts in both ovaries. Sept se tretment le rahi hu. Or period k liye dawa v li. Or is month dydrogestrone liya .period to time se huyi hai par bilkul light. Blood pure din me mushkil se 10 bund aate hain. Kya karan hai.
Here are few myths and common queries that our patients ask us regarding mouthwashes:
1. All mouthwashes are equal:
Mouthwashes can be classified as cosmetic and therapeutic. Rinsing with cosmetic mouthwash will loosen bits of food from your teeth, lessen bacteria in mouth, temporarily reduce bad breath and leave a refreshing taste in your mouth. These products can't make a greater claim than that. Therapeutic mouthwashes contains active ingredients like chlorhexidine, fluorides, cetylperidinium etc, which have proven active against fighting plaque and bacteria (s) in mouth for longer duration.
2. Mouthwash is harmless:
Many mouthwashes contains high amount of alcohol which may cause dry mouth and ironically in turn causing bad breath. Alcohol free mouthwashes are also available. Active ingredients like chlorhexidine causes temproary altered taste in mouth and is not recommended to be used for longer duration.
3. Mouthwash cures bad breath:
Mouthwashes temporarily curtains bad breath. Causes of bad breath are variable and should be accessed before unjustified use of mouthwashes.
4. Mouthwash can replace brushing:
Mouthwash acts as an add-on, not replacement for brushing and flossing. Use of mouthwash in conjunction with brushing and flossing will improve overall personal oral hygiene.
5. A little swish will do:
Generally we swish mouthwash in a few seconds because of its bitter taste or lack of knowledge. Mouthwash should be diluted as per the instructions given by the manufacturer and should be swished vigorously for 30 seconds.