Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya D.Telang
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya D.TelangYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant of nearly 29 weeks, a recent test has shown that the level of alkaline phosphatase is very high in my body (range more than 500. What is the effect of it on my baby? Please suggest something.
Hi, I was done with my periods. It was the last day. Had unprotected sex with my partner the same night. Next morning it was all clean. But in the evening was stained with blood. Is it implantation? Looking forward for your kind reply.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce swelling and inflammation
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir main apni girlfriend ke sath pichle mahine ki 15 se 18 tarikh tk lgatar sex kiya bina protection ke uske bad 23ko uska period aa gya uske bad hmne koi sex nhi kiya to kya uske pregnant hone ke chances h kyunki is mahine abhi tk period nhi aaya.
Ma'am am a 26 year old lady. I had sex on sun night (17th night. But the condom broke. Though my partner hadn't cum till then. Also, as he feels. There was no precum till then too. (We had sex 4-5 times earlier in the day too. Where he came) I took an unwanted 72 tablet within 2 hrs of the incident. I am a working lady and presently do not plan to conceive. Could you please help to guide if any other medication etc could be taken to avoid pregnancy.(still around 48 hrs have passed after the incident. Also.I seek to inform that I have regular menstrual cycle and last started on 25th June. Kindly guide me on whether there are any chances of conception and how to prevent it.
Starting your day with carbs can sound really strange but the fact is that your body is like an engine which requires fuel to function properly. Carbohydrates are a healthy addition to your diet. You have a gap of about 8 to 9 hours between the last meal of the day and the next morning’s breakfast, which is why your morning it is important that your breakfast should contain an adequate amount of carbs for the body to remain active all through the day.
There are various other benefits of eating a carb-rich diet in the morning, read on to know more:
- Improves exercise regimen: Needless to say, exercise is good for maintaining the overall fitness of the body along with reducing fat and building muscles. And for exercising also, you need a considerable amount of energy to be spent. Now, the best source for this is carbohydrates. For those who work out in the morning, a good dose of carbs can improve the quality of work out, as it provides essential fuel to the body that enables you to push on far longer as compared to a carb-free diet.
- Prevents weight gain: Eating carbs in the morning is far better than loading your dinner with carbs. Your activity throughout the day ensures that carbs are consumed, and only the excessive amount is stored. However, eating a carb-loaded meal will lead to storage of fat. Therefore, it is advised to eat carbs earlier in the day than later.
- Bodybuilding: If you are into bodybuilding, then your instructor may have advised you to get enough carbohydrates as they would help in achieving a lean, muscular physique. Including carbs in your diet also helps regulate metabolism and building muscles along with increased workout.
- Healthy heart: Research shows that increasing your soluble-fiber intake (a type of fiber found in carb-rich foods) by 5 to 10 grams a day could result in a 5 percent drop in “bad” LDL cholesterol. Similarly, people who eat more whole grains (think bulgur, brown rice, quinoa) also likely to have higher 'good' HDL cholesterol and lower 'bad' LDL cholesterol.
So, what should you eat?
- Sprouts and 1 chapati
- Oats and besan chilla
- Nachni chilla / porridge
- Sweet potato boiled
- Bajra or pearl millet
- 1 Stuffed vegetable paratha and curd
- Idli and sambar
The above foods not just give your body the required carbs, but also small amounts of protein and fats, which makes it completely wholesome. So get into a habit of eating carb-rich breakfast and you will see the improvement in your energy levels! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I feel too much pain since 2-3 days before started my period and during the period I feel normal. Also I want to get pregnant so advise me that when should we have done intercourse to get pregnant successfully?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.