Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidu Khandalwa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidu KhandalwaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Doctor I m 23 yrs old unmarried girl. I have problem during my periods. I have too much pain in my stomach and back during my periods and sonetimes the pain is increase much and I m using hot botle. But it not giving me relaxation. And some big blood cloth or pieces is also coming. So please help me and give me suggestions please
A condition that stems from the formation of small cysts on the outer portions of enlarged ovaries is PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). PCOS occurs due to hormonal disorders in women, and dealing with the symptoms of this condition of ‘hormones going out of balance’ can be truly frustrating.
From acne invasion to irregular menstrual cycles, from insulin resistance to no periods at all, uncontrolled polycystic ovary syndrome can trigger some complications to the health of women. However, being selective about what you eat can help to control the severity of PCOS symptoms.
Let's find out the best practices regarding diet that can help to combat polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Add more lean protein: Food items such as chicken, tofu, and fish represent excellent sources of lean animal protein. Though these sources lack fiber, they are rich in protein that helps in making one feel full for extended periods of time while stabilizing blood sugar levels. A lean protein-rich diet is essential to reduce the effects of high levels of the male sex hormone androgen, which is responsible for the unpleasant side-effects of PCOS.
- Opt for a fiber-rich diet: Patients with PCOS should opt for a diet rich in fiber. A high-fiber diet not only helps to eliminate the risks of a sudden increase in the blood sugar levels but also slows the digestion process. These factors often help the body to fight insulin resistance. Fresh vegetables and green vegetables help to lower the effect of sugar levels in the blood.
- Don’t forget anti-inflammatory foods: Opting for anti-inflammatory food is a must to drive the ideal PCOS diet. As inflammation is considered a part of the underlying mechanism of polycystic ovary syndrome, patients must consume foods that come with inflammation relieving properties. These foods include spinach, almonds, sardines, and turmeric. The regular consumption of these food items helps to restore the normal rhythms and processes inside the body.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates: Pastries, waffles, rich cakes, and white bread abound in refined sugars. Patients of PCOS must avoid sources of refined carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are chiefly responsible for influencing insulin resistance. They also cause inflammation. Thus, health-conscious citizens and patients of PCOS must stay away from muffins, pastries, and white bread.
- Exclude sugary drinks and foods: The excessive consumption of sugar is one of the causes of insulin resistance. This condition can influence and aggravate PCOS symptoms. Therefore, when planning your PCOS diet, make it a point to exclude sugary drinks and deep fried snacks at all costs.
There is no instant cure for polycystic ovary syndrome. However, by selecting the right nutrition or diet one might be able to manage the problems due to PCOS, and have a healthy and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Penis Health Could Be Impacted by Shift Work
The 9-to-5 job is part of the American dream, but the reality is that many people have jobs that don't fit in the traditional framework. Many people are non-standard shift workers, meaning they start work when others are ending, usually working sometime between 6:00 pm and 6:00 am. Men who fall into this category should be aware of a possible increased risk of penis health issues compared to their brethren who work more traditional hours.
How many people work this kind of non-standard shift work? One study suggests that up to 20% of the labor force falls into this category. That includes about three million people who work the "graveyard shift," starting work at 11:00 p.m., or later. The range of people doing non-standard shift work includes nurses, bakers, policemen, technical support workers, salespeople, computer programmers, financial advisors, factory workers, miners and many other occupations.
There are often many advantages associated with this kind of work. For example, many people who are enrolled in college work shifts, as do many parents who are therefore able to spend time during the day watching their young children. And in some cases, the pay for shift work is better than the pay for the same job during "regular" hours.
But there are downsides to shift work. Working "atypical" hours can affect the natural circadian rhythms, which can in turn affect how long and how deeply a person sleeps. Many shift workers are more tired than others, which can translate into accidents on the job, at home or on the road.
And shift work is associated with other health conditions. For example, shift workers tend to be at greater risk of developing diabetes, high blood pressure, ulcers, depression, cognitive impairment, heart disease, stroke and cancer.
As is often the case, this association with general health deficits is matched by a potential for penis health issues for men who conduct shift work. Among the issues more likely to occur in male shift workers are:
Hypogonadism. Most men who know anything about hypogonadism associate it with testes and/or a penis that are much smaller than usual. While that can be true of hypogonadism that occurs during fetal development, in adult males, hypogonadism tends to refer to a decreased production of testosterone and/or sperm. It is often characterized by one or more of the following:
- Decrease in muscle mass and/or body hair
- Osteoporosis (loss of bone mass)
- Development of soft breast tissue
- Diminished sex drive
- Difficulty focusing and concentrating
- Hot flashes
Hormone therapy may be recommended as treatment.
Lower urinary tract symptoms. The bladder, urethra, sphincter and/or prostate may not function properly. This may lead to a variety of issues, including pain while urinating, an increased frequency of urination (especially when sleeping), increased urge to urinate and incontinence.
Male shift workers should be aware of these potential penis health issues and report any problems to their doctors early. It's also wise to consult with a doctor about any strategies for dealing with potential challenges presented by shift work, such as sleep pattern disturbances.
Whether a shift worker or not, penis health should be a primary concern for a man. He can do more to maintain his penis health by the daily application of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Select a crème that contains a combination of moisturizing agents, such as Shea butter and vitamin E. Be sure the crème also includes vitamin A, which has anti-bacterial properties that help fight persistent and annoying penis odor.
Hi I am 5 week 5 days pregnant lady .I feel dark brown blood clot and consult the Dr. and she prescribe one injection and duphaston 10 mg and say meet me after one days but after taking pill I got heaving bleeding and pain too .its sign of miscarriages? I am very upset.
Sir I am a medical line student I want to know that If a girl do sex in 20 year age and she will marry in 25. Can her husband find out he do sex before it or not if yes tell me how?
There are multiple intramural posterior wall uterine fibroids largest 13×14 mm 14×9 mm 13×13 mm in the fundus the cervix is male bulky measures 3.2 cm.
What is alarming is that a subarachnoid haemorrhage can happen without any warning signs. It usually happens when a person is engaged in physical activity such as straining himself like by lifting heavy objects, coughing, going to the toilet, or having sex.
- Sudden agonising headache which feels like a sudden hit on the head
- Stiff neck
- Feeling sick
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred or double vision
- Slurred speech
- Weakness in one side of the body
- Loss of consciousness or convulsions
The main cause of subarachnoid haemorrhage is a brain aneurysm bursting. An aneurysm is a bulge in a blood vessel in the brain and is caused due to a weakness in the blood vessel wall.
- High blood pressure
- Inflammation of brain blood vessels
- People between 45 and 70 years more affected.
- Women are more prone to it
- Black people more affected
Treatment and diagnosis
- Diagnosis of this type of stroke starts with a CT scan. This helps the doctor check for bleeding around the brain.
- Once subarachnoid haemorrhage is confirmed or suspected, you're likely to be transferred to a neurosciences unit or an ICU.
- Treatment usually means medication will be given to help prevent short-term complications like seizures and the aneurism that caused the haemorrhage in the first place.
- This is followed by a procedure called clipping of the aneurysm. In this the aneurysm is located, following which the neurosurgeon seals it shut using a tiny metal clip that permanently clamps the aneurysm.
- Sometimes the aneurysm is sealed by a procedure called Endovascular coiling in which a thin tube called a catheter is inserted into an artery in your leg or groyne and then guided through the network of blood vessels into your head and into the aneurysm. Platinum coils are then guided into the aneurysm sealing it so that it doesn’t burst again.
Complications due to a subarachnoid haemorrhage
Short-term complications are
- Risk of further bleeding at the site of the aneurysm
- Brain damage caused by a reduction in blood supply to it
Long-term complications are
- Memory problems and problems in planning and concentration
- Mood changes like depression
Likoria (Leucorrhoea) is a medical term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth Root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander Seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki Powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Turmeric Powder and Garlic: Blend turmeric powder with garlic. This is effective when the white release is thick and irritating.
Walnut Leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.