Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidhu Khandelwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhu KhandelwalYour feedback matters!
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.
I'm taking Femilon for regulating my periods. I have pcod and thyroid too. Can I try to conceive after this pack or should I take one more set of Femilon? Will taking Femilon affect Ovulation?
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
If you are diagnosed with male fertility problems, such as a low sperm count, previous history of vasectomy in male partner, recurrent ivf failure then conventional IVF is unlikely to result in fertilisation. It is also done when sperms are not present in the semen and they have to be obtained surgically from testicles.This is when Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI treatment) is recommended. It is like IVF only the main difference is the technique we use to achieve fertilisation.
How is ICSI done?
A single sperm is injected into each egg, using very fine micro-manipulation equipment. As the human egg is one tenth of a millimetre in diameter and the sperm 100 times smaller, this is a very delicate procedure performed by highly skilled embryologist under a micro-manipulator.
Is ICSI successful?
Together with IVF, ICSI is one of the most common techniques used in Assisted reproductive technology. Since it was introduced, it has led to the birth of many thousands of babies worldwide.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist
I am married since 2 years and my age is 31 years and I am trying for baby since my marriage all my reports are normal and so are my husbands Siemens report but I am not able to conceive. please guide me what I do?
I hv a strange odor of vaginal area, I am going to be married nxt month. I am worried about it. What to do as home remedies?
I am vegetarian and leads a simple healthy life which include daily 3 km walk but still there is increase in weight I weigh 70 kgs and want to loose at least 5 kgs. please suggest.
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend 21/12/2017 with safe or with protection but her next period cycle was 26th Nov 2017 her coming period cycle was already passed she missed her period so is it any contractive pill to get early periods to safe pregnancy symptoms like delay in period please guide me.
I am 26 years old female. I am in doubt that I am pregnant. My period cycle is misses. I had took I pills on same day. Now I am in delima that I am going to be pregnant. So please help me out of this. Batter if you call me as soon as possible. Thank you.
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern-day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though their availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces T-cells when there is an infection or foreign body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role in maintaining skin integrity: Delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. People could also develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Including an adequate amount of zinc in diet can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing the incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!